887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, slvicky said:

They updated this page 18/03/2018 12:05:32 AM

Also by the pace they are going, 8-10 months processing time should remain unchanged I guess

I checked immi account. Now we can't find processing time inside immi account. Earlier it was there. I think that they have removed that. 

1 hour ago, 887_2018 said:

What's the link?

Good morning all, Great news for all 887 visa applicants. On immi website allocation dates has just changed today morning. New date is 16/10/2017. I hope all happy with that. I have one question if someone can answer please: I have applied 887 visa: In online application parents details come under : OTHER OR it comes under NON - ACCOMPANYING members of your family unit? Can someone answer please. Thanks.

Good morning all, Great news for all 887 visa applicants. On immi website allocation dates has just changed today morning. New date is 16/10/2017. I hope all happy with that. I have one question if someone can answer please: I have applied 887 visa: In online application parents details come under : OTHER OR it comes under NON - ACCOMPANYING members of your family unit? Can someone answer please. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, DEV said:

Parents come under OTHER.

Hi Guys just a thought, it is true 75% cases will be sorted out in 8-10 months. But some cases (say 50%) will be finalized in 3-5 months. For those applied in August 2017 sorted their cases in 3 months mostly. Who has applied after 16th Oct 2017? I hope to hear anything before 30th March. Possible? 

Just now, Nish_Darwin said:

Hi Guys just a thought, it is true 75% cases will be sorted out in 8-10 months. But some cases (say 50%) will be finalized in 3-5 months. For those applied in August 2017 sorted their cases in 3 months mostly. Who has applied after 16th Oct 2017? I hope to hear anything before 30th March. Possible? 

Definitely you will hear from them before 30th March

Hey Guys,

I'm really stressed by this matter & need your inputs. I was working in UAE for 11 months from late Oct 2014 to early Sept 2015. During that period I was back in my home country for more than 2.5 months(May 2015 to July 2015). Do you guys think I should get a police clearance certificate from UAE? 

Things became bad to worse when I contact them & they said it takes minimum 3 months to get a PCC from UAE. 

Your input is highly appriciated

1 minute ago, slvicky said:

Hey Guys,

I'm really stressed by this matter & need your inputs. I was working in UAE for 11 months from late Oct 2014 to early Sept 2015. During that period I was back in my home country for more than 2.5 months(May 2015 to July 2015). Do you guys think I should get a police clearance certificate from UAE? 

Things became bad to worse when I contact them & they said it takes minimum 3 months to get a PCC from UAE. 

For less stress, I reckon you to apply PCC soon. In my case , I applied SL PCC last Friday 

Just now, slvicky said:

Yep. That's what I thought also. Seems like if they ask for UAE PCC I have to wait longer for my grant :(

Yes. If they ask, it will delay the process. 

Don't apply through high commissions, it takes at least 3 months to get PCC. If you can apply directly, that's faster 

24 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Hey Guys,

It may depend on the age of your previous UAE PCC when you entered Australia, if less than a year old then you may not be requested to get one. Generally for those Middle Eastern countries the Immigration Department will request a PCC and send you a letter for that, as far as I am aware. PCC's generally take long for those countries through the high commission/Embassies so it may be easier to try another route. Check if there are agencies that deal with this? I am applying for my 887 later this year and spent a substantial period of my previous life in Kuwait and the UAE, so will also try find out the best way to get these. Please keep me updated and I will find out more

3 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

It may depend on the age of your previous UAE PCC when you entered Australia, if less than a year old then you may not be requested to get one. Generally for those Middle Eastern countries the Immigration Department will request a PCC and send you a letter for that, as far as I am aware. PCC's generally take long for those countries through the high commission/Embassies so it may be easier to try another route. Check if there are agencies that deal with this? I am applying for my 887 later this year and spent a substantial period of my previous life in Kuwait and the UAE, so will also try find out the best way to get these. Please keep me updated and I will find out more

I don't have a previous UAE PCC, because I lived their for less than 12 months & never needed a PCC