887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Just now, slvicky said:

No. I actually stayed on UAE until September 2015 before I moved here on Nov 2015. Basically, I wasn't in SL during 489 visa application process. So, I'm not sure I actually need an SL PCC :)

Ok. Then did you submit UAE PCC with your 887 visa application?

Thanks for your reply. Did you apply a new SL PCC?
I applied through a migration agent and he said nowadays COs some times ask for overseas pcc.. he said his last few cases he had to submit.. So what I thought was what if I have it readily available.. I uploaded the new pcc from SL and Australia.. I am desparate to get PR as soon as possible( I know we all are).. So my logic is provide as much as evidence , supporting docs without letting the CO to request any missing bits.. If CO has everytbing he needs that will make the process faster.. In case they ask it at the middle of the process you have to wait 6-12weeks for SL pcc.. so Iam just being pro active [emoji3][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, su89 said:

I applied through a migration agent and he said nowadays COs some times ask for overseas pcc.. he said his last few cases he had to submit.. So what I thought was what if I have it readily available.. I uploaded the new pcc from SL and Australia.. I am desparate to get PR as soon as possible( I know we all are).. So my logic is provide as much as evidence , supporting docs without letting the CO to request any missing bits.. If CO has everytbing he needs that will make the process faster.. In case they ask it at the middle of the process you have to wait 6-12weeks for SL pcc.. so Iam just being pro active emoji3.pngemoji848.png

You are 100% correct. COs are unpredictable ?

Just now, Nish_Darwin said:

Hi Su, im from Sri Lanka as well it took only 7 days to get my police clearance. Apply online. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Nish, did you apply through SL police website online? Which address did you put to receive the PCC? Australian address or Sri Lankan address? Did they email you? 

Kindly reply me asap. I am going to apply today. Many thanks

22 minutes ago, su89 said:

I applied through a migration agent and he said nowadays COs some times ask for overseas pcc.. he said his last few cases he had to submit.. So what I thought was what if I have it readily available.. I uploaded the new pcc from SL and Australia.. I am desparate to get PR as soon as possible( I know we all are).. So my logic is provide as much as evidence , supporting docs without letting the CO to request any missing bits.. If CO has everytbing he needs that will make the process faster.. In case they ask it at the middle of the process you have to wait 6-12weeks for SL pcc.. so Iam just being pro active emoji3.pngemoji848.png

I did the same. I downloaded old PCC from overseas and a new one as well, also Australian clearance. Just in case downloaded invoices from Dental Care, statutory declaration etc. the more - the better:) I travelled overseas in December 2017 for 3 weeks and just FYI I downloaded a signed statement - notification of holidays- saying "as per border.gov request (attached link to a paragraph)...notifying of my upcoming holiday.. "; also attached communication with migration regarding DIBP Officers - to whom I talked, position nr, time/date confirming that I notified them via phone as well. Maybe this info will be useful for someone.

Hi Su, im from Sri Lanka as well it took only 7 days to get my police clearance. Apply online. Good luck!

When I rang the consulate they said for immigration purposes you have to apply through them.. with out their stamp immi want accept it.. thats why I applied through them.. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] confusing confusing

Hi Nish, did you apply through SL police website online? Which address did you put to receive the PCC? Australian address or Sri Lankan address? Did they email you? 
Kindly reply me asap. I am going to apply today. Many thanks
Yes i applied online. I put my SL home address. It got my home exactly after 7 days. I got it scanned across to me after. No need of consulate seal as far as i know. That wud of been taking ages if thats the case. Good luck. I applied on 23rd oct 17. When did u apply?

When I rang the consulate they said for immigration purposes you have to apply through them.. with out their stamp immi want accept it.. thats why I applied through them.. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] confusing confusing

I personally dont think so. These embassies say different things but its not particularly true for our specific 887 visa. Besides never heard about it. Best thing is just upload what you have and see what CO says. You can of course ring up borderforce. No harm in asking anyway. When did u apply?

Just now, Nish_Darwin said:

Yes i applied online. I put my SL home address. It got my home exactly after 7 days. I got it scanned across to me after. No need of consulate seal as far as i know. That wud of been taking ages if thats the case. Good luck. I applied on 23rd oct 17. When did u apply?

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I applied on 8th November 2017. Could you please tell me what you wrote for the following question in PCC online application? 

Question 9 - Reference of the High Commission/ Embassy/ Consulate:

Question 10 - High Commission/ Embassy/ Consulate Name (Addressee & the Name of the Authority) :

Question 19 - Present address in Srilanka

Question 20 - Overseas address

Did you write your SL home address for Q19? And Aus address for Q20?

If you can answer these questions , it's very helpful to me. Thank you very much ?

I personally dont think so. These embassies say different things but its not particularly true for our specific 887 visa. Besides never heard about it. Best thing is just upload what you have and see what CO says. You can of course ring up borderforce. No harm in asking anyway. When did u apply?

Yes Melbourne high commision said one thing canberra something else.. I agree [emoji16][emoji16]

Yes Melbourne high commision said one thing canberra something else.. I agree [emoji16][emoji16]

Guess so. If you really wanna know ask aussie immigration. Have wait in the queue for a while tho.still worth. Hope this helps.

Guess so. If you really wanna know ask aussie immigration. Have wait in the queue for a while tho.still worth. Hope this helps.

See below.. perfectly safe to apply online.. this is homeaffairs website..6c64c6928d11b2396380e27316c86f16.jpg

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I applied on 8th November 2017. Could you please tell me what you wrote for the following question in PCC online application? 
Question 9 - Reference of the High Commission/ Embassy/ Consulate:

Question 10 - High Commission/ Embassy/ Consulate Name (Addressee & the Name of the Authority) :

Question 19 - Present address in Srilanka
Question 20 - Overseas address
Did you write your SL home address for Q19? And Aus address for Q20?

If you can answer these questions , it's very helpful to me. Thank you very much [emoji4]
887 pls see below ... u can apply online as per below7fb4acf227162e87bea8853fc2341c13.jpg

1 minute ago, su89 said:

See below.. perfectly safe to apply online.. this is homeaffairs website..6c64c6928d11b2396380e27316c86f16.jpg

Department of immigration and border protection, level 4, 55, Currie Street, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia

is this the address that PCC addressed to?? Kindly reply me

Department of immigration and border protection, level 4, 55, Currie Street, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia

Since I applied via consulate I filled consulate details.. Nish pls help 887_2018.

15 minutes ago, Nish_Darwin said:

On 15/03/2018 at 1:06 PM, Russki said:

Thanks Kate, it's funny, I really know no more than most of you on this forum! I just pretend well, ha-ha! Well, we have to have a bit of fun while we are waiting and  some reassurance from each other, otherwise we will go crazy!:confused:

Hi Russky, 

Do you know the address of Adelaide immigration office? I am going to apply PCC from home country. For that I need the address where Police Clearance Certificate should be addressed to....

When I applied for the PCC for my 489 visa in 2015, PCC addressed to .....

is this the address that new PCC addressed to?? Kindly reply me. It will help me a lot ?