887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

7 minutes ago, HeyMate said:

It's very painful, don't understand why they don't get it. Just intentionally delaying the visa process. We are in mental pressure, they try should feel that. :(

This waiting is slowly killing us. I too feel that they intentionally delay the whole process ☹️

2 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

This waiting is slowly killing us. I too feel that they intentionally delay the whole process ☹️

yup, they are having weekend party and we are having our sad patience party. They kind of have no feelings............

Sometimes they run to show they are working, and sometimes sit back, have coffees and relax..... they have 10 long months to blow dust from a file...

Just feel like to cry :confused:

1 minute ago, HeyMate said:

yup, they are having weekend party and we are having our sad patience party. They kind of have no feelings............

Sometimes they run to show they are working, and sometimes sit back, have coffees and relax..... they have 10 long months to blow dust from a file...

Just feel like to cry :confused:

You are 100% correct friend. They don't understand our feelings and they never care about  others lives. Only we know how we fulfilled their requirements for 2 years, that's the most hard time in most of our lives. Waiting for a 10 months is delaying our major life decisions for another 10 months. Ultimately waiting is the only thing that we can do from our side. It's useless even we make an inquiry or call them. We are tied up. Only they can untie the knot. I believe that we will get some good news by end of next week. 

2 minutes ago, 887_2018 said:

You are 100% correct friend. They don't understand our feelings and they never care about  others lives. Only we know how we fulfilled their requirements for 2 years, that's the most hard time in most of our lives. Waiting for a 10 months is delaying our major life decisions for another 10 months. Ultimately waiting is the only thing that we can do from our side. It's useless even we make an inquiry or call them. We are tied up. Only they can untie the knot. I believe that we will get some good news by end of next week. 

If they have processed 3rd Nov 2017 on 09th Apr 2018, then what they have done rest of the whole week!! Anyway, i think I am going to apply for the position of Visa officer as soon as I can. :err:

• Haha 2

On 22/03/2018 at 11:19 AM, Puneet said:

Hi guys,

I have been a silent follower of this discussion.

I have applied for my 887 visa, for my wife and me, on 4th of November 2018. The status still shows as received. I have a couple of questions which I need help with.

1. I had added my parents name in "Non-Accompanying members of my family unit". Is that correct or should I change it to "Other Family members". If I do need to change it, what reason should I specify in the "reason for incorrect answer" part of the correction form?

2. In the section where it asks for uploading photographs I had accidentally uploaded my passport scan instead. I corrected that by uploading the photographs again but do I need to update them of the correction? (since the previously uploaded passport scans are still in the system)

I would just like to get my application correct, noting that the COs have contacted people who have applied in mid October, means I am not far off.

Your suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Hello Puneet, Any news?

13 hours ago, karan992002@yahoo.co.in said:
  • HI Guys .

Is there any difference between AFP check or national police check .

Regards

Hi Karan.

AFP is Australian Federal Police check. It covers only Australia - apply online, it's easy,

National Police check (NPC or your country's PCC) is a police clearance certificate you get from your own country and any other countries you lived in cumulatively for at least a year (12 months) during the last 10 years. Example: you lived in Italy for 2 months every year for the last 10 years. 10 x 2 = 20 months, which is more than 12 months - apply for police check from Italy.

Sorry if I confused you. :) Guys, is this correct?

Hello guys, 

Hope guys are doing well! I am new to this forum and I have few questions in my mind regarding visa application. I thank you in advance for your valuable thoughts. 

1) I am going to apply for 887 in August, my 2 years will complete in the end of July 2018. I went overseas 9 weeks in first year and again had to go 3 weeks due to emergency in same year but no holidays at all after that. Do you advise that I should cover whole 9 weeks period? 

2) For my first 6 months stay in regional area ( that includes above holidays) I have only a stat declaration from a friend where I lived and some transactions in my Statement. Do you think it’s sufficient? 

Thanks heaps! 

Edited by Romzr

10 hours ago, Romzr said:

Hello guys, 

Hope guys are doing well! I am new to this forum and I have few questions in my mind regarding visa application. I thank you in advance for your valuable thoughts. 

1) I am going to apply for 887 in August, my 2 years will complete in the end of July 2018. I went overseas 9 weeks in first year and again had to go 3 weeks due to emergency in same year but no holidays at all after that. Do you advise that I should cover whole 9 weeks period? 

2) For my first 6 months stay in regional area ( that includes above holidays) I have only a stat declaration from a friend where I lived and some transactions in my Statement. Do you think it’s sufficient? 

Thanks heaps! 

Hi Romzr,

1) You stayed overseas 3 months out of this 2 years which will be completing in july 2018. If you had paid holidays of 4 weeks during your overseas visit then i would advise you to compensate 2 months extra meaning you should apply 887 visa at the start of October 2018. 

2) If you have statutory declaration attested/approved by JP that is enough but again it depends on Case officer so it would be better to have more documents to proof for this period of residency such as Mobile phone bills on this address, Utility bills on your name for this address, Car registration or insurance letter on this address etc etc.

I am going to apply 887 visa tonight. And i went overseas for 8 weeks in first year and 6 weeks in second year. My two years completed on 19th feb 2018 and i did compensate extra 2 months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

I have got AFP on 20th March 2018 but i am going to apply 887 today which is about 4 weeks old now. Should i apply new AFP or lodge 20th march one? i heard AFP expiry is of one year from the date of issued so why case officer asking other applicants for new AFP? 

Quite confusing though !!

1 hour ago, Vayani said:

Hello everyone,

I have got AFP on 20th March 2018 but i am going to apply 887 today which is about 4 weeks old now. Should i apply new AFP or lodge 20th march one? i heard AFP expiry is of one year from the date of issued so why case officer asking other applicants for new AFP? 

Quite confusing though !!

Vayani,

AFP and PCC has 1 year validity. So, you do not need to get new AFP. 

Case officers asking others new AFP because, either the file format they have uploaded is corrupted/can not be opened and case officer's side, or Name spelling not matching as per passport or they had previous names (before marriage) that is not on th AFP certificate.