887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

37 minutes ago, peace_at_heart said:

Has anyone worked for Uber while on 489 visa to fulfill 35/week work requirement? How are the hours calculated? A friend of mine has asked me this question. Your answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check out this post - we had a few members who worked for Uber. As long as it is official and you pay tax and everything, it is OK. Not sure how to prove working hours though... :) 

6 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

COs started opening 7th November files on 17th April. Today is 24th. Seems like there are lots of 7th November applicants :|:| . I am exhausted ? now

Guys... Please do not panic, but I have found this on immi site, while looking for a reason for slow processing:

Overview

The Minister has the power to 'cap' or limit the number of visas which can be granted each year in a particular visa subclass.

This limit, or cap, applies only for the migration program year in which it is introduced. When a cap is reached, applicants then wait in a queue for visa grant consideration in a following year, subject to places becoming available. Applications are considered for grant in order of their queue date as places become available.

This means that when the number of visas set by the minister for a visa class for the migration program year has been reached, no further visas can be granted in that program year.

Numbers in the queue are subject to:

• changes to planning levels
  • changes in demand for a particular visa
  • fluctuations due to visa grants, refusals and withdrawals
  • fluctuations due to successful review cases which are given priority.
    See:Fact Sheet 21 – Managing the Migration Program
Although a visa can no longer be granted until the start of the new programme year, processing of applications continues and applicants who meet the requirements then wait in a queue for visa grant consideration in a following year, subject to places becoming available.cleardot.gif

Suspension of processing

Section 84 of the Act allows the Minister to suspend all processing in a particular subclass for a specific period. If such a notice is issued, the processing of all applications of the specified subclass ceases until the date specified in the notice.

Suspension notices do not affect applications where a decision was taken to grant or refuse a visa before the date of the suspension notice.

:S  I don't think we should panic, but "the pause" in processing is obvious and the above can be the reason. At least, it explains everything!!! :) Let's just wait and see. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Russki said:

Guys... Please do not panic, but I have found this on immi site, while looking for a reason for slow processing:

Overview

The Minister has the power to 'cap' or limit the number of visas which can be granted each year in a particular visa subclass.

This limit, or cap, applies only for the migration program year in which it is introduced. When a cap is reached, applicants then wait in a queue for visa grant consideration in a following year, subject to places becoming available. Applications are considered for grant in order of their queue date as places become available.

This means that when the number of visas set by the minister for a visa class for the migration program year has been reached, no further visas can be granted in that program year.

Numbers in the queue are subject to:

• changes to planning levels
  • changes in demand for a particular visa
  • fluctuations due to visa grants, refusals and withdrawals
  • fluctuations due to successful review cases which are given priority.
    See:Fact Sheet 21 – Managing the Migration Program
Although a visa can no longer be granted until the start of the new programme year, processing of applications continues and applicants who meet the requirements then wait in a queue for visa grant consideration in a following year, subject to places becoming available.cleardot.gif

Suspension of processing

Section 84 of the Act allows the Minister to suspend all processing in a particular subclass for a specific period. If such a notice is issued, the processing of all applications of the specified subclass ceases until the date specified in the notice.

Suspension notices do not affect applications where a decision was taken to grant or refuse a visa before the date of the suspension notice.

:S  I don't think we should panic, but "the pause" in processing is obvious and the above can be the reason. At least, it explains everything!!! :) Let's just wait and see. 

Hey russki if this happens would  there be anything written regarding qouta for 887 on 887 visa site that qouta is reached for particular year 

18 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

Hey russki if this happens would  there be anything written regarding qouta for 887 on 887 visa site that qouta is reached for particular year 

Hi Tpsk,

I seriously doubt it. I think, all this stuff is happening behind the scenes, unbeknown to us, and we can blame COs as much as we can for being slow, but they like us depend on decisions from Minister and immigration planners. Sad truth. :) 

12 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Tpsk,

I seriously doubt it. I think, all this stuff is happening behind the scenes, unbeknown to us, and we can blame COs as much as we can for being slow, but they like us depend on decisions from Minister and immigration planners. Sad truth. :) 

If processing continues during this period would applicants would come to know that their applications are processed?

13 minutes ago, Tpsk said:

If processing continues during this period would applicants would come to know that their applications are processed?

I hope so. As I understand, "capping" with limiting number of grants still means applications are being processed and waiting for grants in the queue afterwards.  But "suspension of processing" is different, it is more sinister, it just means everything stops dead... O.o:D:D

44 minutes ago, Russki said:

I hope so. As I understand, "capping" with limiting number of grants still means applications are being processed and waiting for grants in the queue afterwards.  But "suspension of processing" is different, it is more sinister, it just means everything stops dead... O.o:D:D

Agreed.May be 887 is the easy target when they look at priortiy vise, either they pushed our COs to work on other visa categories to reach the target or axing our limit to balance out :dull:

On 4/18/2018 at 6:39 PM, vivek said:

Thank you so much. Appreciate

Thank you so much friend. My file opened last friday and ask more document. They ask  me to provide Residency proof. But when i lodged my visa 887 i did uploaded all my lease contract paper? I don't know why they asked me again. Now this time i submitted my all contract paper with bank statements as well as i also wrote residency note on statutory declaration form and satified with JP. I hope i will grant with in couple of weeks. 

When the CO asked to submit to more documents with in 28 days, we have  submit documents with in 28 days. Can we  attach documents  by 2 / 3 times before 28 days ?

thanks

On 24/04/2018 at 8:02 PM, _887 said:

Hi there, my CO asked for 1 year work , 2 year residency proof again and form 80.

CO asking for a proof of full time work (35 hrs). My working contract is 27-36 hrs/week and I have very few payslips with 35 hours, which I have already uploaded before. (payslips + referral letter+ other docs).

now not sure what to upload next or what does he want?

any suggestions from anyone?

thanks

I think your CO will put your application on hold for 6 until 9 months before reject it because one year full time work in regional area is not fulfil.

On 24/04/2018 at 8:32 PM, _887 said:

Hi there, my CO asked for 1 year work , 2 year residency proof again and form 80.

CO asking for a proof of full time work (35 hrs). My working contract is 27-36 hrs/week and I have very few payslips with 35 hours, which I have already uploaded before. (payslips + referral letter+ other docs).

now not sure what to upload next or what does he want?

any suggestions from anyone?

thanks

Hi _887,

you need at least 52 payslips with minimum 35 hours on each payslips (not less than 35 hrs on any of them) by law.

So, sorry to say, I do not think you have any chance of winning the grant. It's your choice now; may be to withdraw your application and collect minimum 52 payslips with 35hrs minimum and then resubmit your visa application. (I am not a migration agent, and I am just giving you my opinion).

• Like 1

On 24/04/2018 at 10:10 AM, slvicky said:

We can verify this with someone who got a direct grant. But finding a one now is the problem. They may not active now :)

Hi slvicky,

you do not need to certify any document at all (unless COs specifically ask for), I never certified any document, payslips were bw and emailed copy which I submitted. For other documents, colored scan copy is fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi to all 

I have been silently following this group since 8 months

i have some questions in mind... Need help..

my 2 years will complete by 10th june

1) AFP AND PCC have to be applied after 10th june or can I apply it before??

2) I am on family sponsored 489 living in Melbourne.. Does this group have info only about Adelaide?? I couldn’t find any Mel group

3) Is there anything else do I have to arrange before I am ready to file 887??

thanks in advance

38 minutes ago, Mel 887 said:

Hi to all 

I have been silently following this group since 8 months

i have some questions in mind... Need help..

my 2 years will complete by 10th june

2) I am on family sponsored 489 living in Melbourne.. Does this group have info only about Adelaide?? I couldn’t find any Mel group

thanks in advance

You can apply AFP after 10th June since it only takes around 5 working days to receive. Just check how long it takes to get your local PCC & apply accordingly.

No this is for every 887 applicants. I'm for Melbourne as well :)

Please make sure you have all required documents beforehand and upload them asap. Also, try to provide as many documents as possible.

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyMate said:

Hi slvicky,

you do not need to certify any document at all (unless COs specifically ask for), I never certified any document, payslips were bw and emailed copy which I submitted. For other documents, colored scan copy is fine.

I did the same when lodging my application. But yesterday I have seen that some members posted that CO asked for certified copies of payslips. So,  I got certified my payslips from my employer yesterday and uploaded them today for the safe side.  

Hope they won't ask anything else. Even they ask,  I don't have anything to upload. Everything already submitted. Now waiting ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

I did the same when lodging my application. But yesterday I have seen that some members posted that CO asked for certified copies of payslips. So,  I got certified my payslips from my employer yesterday and uploaded them today for the safe side.  

Hope they won't ask anything else. Even they ask,  I don't have anything to upload. Everything already submitted. Now waiting ?

I asked my agent regarding this certified copies point but even he was not sure. asked me to wait and watch. but I am thinking to get them certified and upload.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 10:16 PM, Russki said:

It would be logical if capping only impacted overseas/new visa applicants, which has always been the case. Transitioning from 489 to 887 should not be impacted by capping, we are already here. Capping would only make sense for 489 grants, not 887's. If 489's are controlled then that would have a logical knock-on affect 2 years down the line, so no need to have a quota for 887's. For example and hypothetically, if 1000 applicants received grants at the end of 2015, then 1000 grants would be available for 887's at the end of 2017. I may be completely wrong ofcourse, and looking at it too simplistically. Delays should only occur if the CO's priorities are diverted elsewhere for a period?

10 hours ago, 887_2018 said:

Good Luck mate :)

• Thanks 1