887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi everyone I'm new to

this forum. We applied on 31/10/2017. Got a case officer 2 weeks back with a request for certified documents (pay slips etc. )and submitted them the day after. So my question is do you guys have any idea when a case file is reopened after a request for documents. I'm so worried now that our grant might be delayed until July( start of the new financial year).

2 hours ago, Worried-and-waiting said:

Hi everyone I'm new to

this forum. We applied on 31/10/2017. Got a case officer 2 weeks back with a request for certified documents (pay slips etc. )and submitted them the day after. So my question is do you guys have any idea when a case file is reopened after a request for documents. I'm so worried now that our grant might be delayed until July( start of the new financial year).

standard waiting time is 4- to 5 weeks, but looking at the current trent it might take more than that, but you may hear before July, be positive :)

14 hours ago, Aussiedream said:

Hi,

I have been living for the whole of two years in house sharing and will be filing for 887 this week. I was initially staying in AIrBnB  for about 15 days and then stayed in a couple of houses on house sharing. I am submitting AirBnB receipt for the 15 days stay and I have signed letters on plain papers from the people with whom I was staying stating that I stayed with them on house sharing from this to this duration dated the date I left that particular house (eg: ddmm2016, ddmm2017).  Along with these, I am attaching all letters received, first page of bank statement etc. I am also submitting a Stat Declaration signed by me listing out the dates I have stayed in house sharing for the duration of 2 years.

Did you provide "rooming house agreement" from the agent/landlord and also bond money to be lodged to CBS ( Consumer and Business Services, this case if you rent a room in Adelaide ) by the agent/landlord ?

On 20/04/2018 at 4:45 PM, house said:

Yes they do image.png.d01ca2a9760556e127c2426db3682c92.png

My interpretation on this statement is mean that the number of 887 visa issued are not depend on point (a) and point (b) (In other words NO limit)

CMIIW....................

Phiii Arrr...ohh Phiii Arrr......I applied yesterday, can I get grant tomorrow ? 

On 4/19/2018 at 11:51 AM, 887_2018 said:

I wish if they are able to understand how stressful the applicants are ??. On 9th April, they granted for applicants who applied on 3rd November 2017. It's 19th now, but they haven't finished 7th November files. 

887_2018 you can give us update as soon as you hear from them.

Cheers

Best of luck :)

13 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

I applied on 14th Feb. Bit concerned about functional English requirement for my wife. I submitted university letter and marksheet+degree docs. She has two years of Australian work exp. as well. Is that enough?

Looks fine to me.

13 minutes ago, DKAGG said:

I applied on 14th Feb. Bit concerned about functional English requirement for my wife. I submitted university letter and marksheet+degree docs. She has two years of Australian work exp. as well. Is that enough?

Did you submit spouse's working experience as well? If so, I think that's more than enough

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 11Dec2015 said:

Did you provide "rooming house agreement" from the agent/landlord and also bond money to be lodged to CBS ( Consumer and Business Services, this case if you rent a room in Adelaide ) by the agent/landlord ?

There is no agreement. I am just house sharing and the rent includes all utilities. 

Hi guys 

Hope everyone is doing great. We contacted immi department on 131881 and they suggested us stay calm as it will not affect our case. She just give general advice didn't ask for any TRN or reference number. She told like 80%application will be accessed in 8months and 100%in 10months. So at same place where we were before. 

On 09/04/2018 at 5:02 PM, Russki said:

OK, no worries. Just don't leave it too late, as your turn is nearly here! :) Will be good for you to be in control of your own application and receive correspondence to your own mail box... :) Good 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aussiedream said:

There is no agreement. I am just house sharing and the rent includes all utilities. 

Hi,

I have been living for the whole of two years in house sharing and will be filing for 887 this week. I was initially staying in AIrBnB  for about 15 days and then stayed in a couple of houses on house sharing. I am submitting AirBnB receipt for the 15 days stay and I have signed letters on plain papers from the people with whom I was staying stating that I stayed with them on house sharing from this to this duration dated the date I left that particular house (eg: ddmm2016, ddmm2017).  Along with these, I am attaching all letters received, first page of bank statement etc. I am also submitting a Stat Declaration signed by me listing out the dates I have stayed in house sharing for the duration of 2 years.

Could anyone pls advise, if a letter on a plain paper is sufficient or do I need to chase the people with whom I was house sharing to get them to sign a Stat Declaration. Not sure of their whereabouts or if they would  they would be ready to sign now. 

Can anyone who submitted house sharing letters pls advise. Thanks