887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, nelakash said:

Then just book the ticket and fly and try to come early. The family is very important we can handly this later 

Question is how should I update department. Should I just email them or call them n tell them about travel plans 

11 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

There could be two possible reasons..! 

1. There many many number of applicants who have applied on 7th Nov and are not on this forum. 
2. Or CO's are on annual leaves.

Else, it make no sense that no one is hearing anything from CO's since long..!

Another possible reason.

They might be running out annual quota for 887 visa grants and try to hold the flow until next FY. It had  happened to me for my 489 visa. My all documentation had finalized last week of April ( CO informed me to wait until 1st July) and had to wait until new FY for visa grant. 

19 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Another possible reason.

They might be running out annual quota for 887 visa grants and try to hold the flow until next FY. It had  happened to me for my 489 visa. My all documentation had finalized last week of April ( CO informed me to wait until 1st July) and had to wait until new FY for visa grant. 

I think that grant limit only applicable in skill visa not pr visa. 

16 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Another possible reason.

Do they have a quota for 887 visas? 

42 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Another possible reason.

Yes That same thing happened to me as well two years back. but as per my knowledge that quote does not applies on 887 visa...!

4 minutes ago, DarDec said:

Then Why they are delaying the process ??

There could be many reason.. Might be many people are not in this forum whom have applied recently or they are clearing the back log..! CO on leave..! If nxt week goes like this.. then Yes .. this could be reason of quote running out and apparently 887 would be in that fall..!