887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 minutes ago, Rsvj said:

Hi guys,

I live here in Australia since last 10 years+ and visited back home 3 times, but haven't lived there more than 4 months cumulatively. I know, ideally I don't need overseas PCC, but what your experience says on this forum? Can CO still ask for overseas PCC? applied 887 on 07May2018. Thanks

Based on my experience you better apply for a PCC & submit. To be on the safe side. My CO requested UAE PCC for staying just over 8 months

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sak745 said:

Hi Mate,

Thanks for advice. I checked the web site, it says AFP will be valid 12 months. Any way I will apply new AFP and uploaded. 

As far as i know AFP Valid for only 3 months .. afp website says thats why they asking AFP EVEN THOUGH THEY SAID ITS VALID FOR 12 MONTHS ON THEIR(IMMI)WEBSITE. IF I WAS YOU I WILL GET NEW afp only cost 42 and 5 min time  ? ?

2 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Based on my experience you better apply for a PCC & submit. To be on the safe side. My CO requested UAE PCC for staying just over 8 months

Thanks slvicky. 

Does overseas PCC require to cover all past names including alias names? coz my spouse has about 4 diffetent names in his records. (messy I know). thanks

2 minutes ago, Rsvj said:

Thanks slvicky. 

Does overseas PCC require to cover all past names including alias names? coz my spouse has about 4 diffetent names in his records. (messy I know). thanks

Yes. better get it with all names. Otherwise CO will find another way to annoy you ?

• Thanks 2

On 5/22/2018 at 1:44 PM, slvicky said:

@Russki What do you think? You're the expert of this ? 

Hi @slvicky

Glad to know that you already got the PCC. I wish you would get the Visa soonest possible time.

Would you mind to share how you get the PCC so quickly? I also need to apply for PCC for a country where I lived 9 months. Unfortunately they do not have embassy at Australia. I am very paniced now. Please help.

Thanks

Izak 

5 minutes ago, Izak said:

Hi @slvicky

Glad to know that you already got the PCC. I wish you would get the Visa soonest possible time.

Would you mind to share how you get the PCC so quickly? I also need to apply for PCC for a country where I lived 9 months. Unfortunately they do not have embassy at Australia. I am very paniced now. Please help.

Thanks

Izak 

Actually, it wasn't so quick. I applied it on last March. Fortunately, UAE consulate Melbourne has the scanned copy of my PCC with them. So, I told them to just forward it to me as I only need the soft copy at this moment. They said hard copy will take time to deliver from UAE. Don't they have a consulate office in your state? If so, you can apply through them else you have to refer their website on how to apply for a PCC from outside.

Thanks slvicky.

You are lucky. More luck is waiting for you.

Unfortunately, they do not have any consulate here , nither in my country. Their procedure is to be present the applicant at police office in person with original passport. Not sure, how can i get this!! I lived there less than 12 months thats why i did not get any police check and that is killing me now. Not even sure,  why CO is asking PCC for country living less than 12 months.

7 hours ago, Russki said:

Hi Raman, he definitely has uploaded the documents if you can see them on your immi account. So no worries there. But! He still may have forgotten to click "documents submitted" button at the bottom of the page, which is why the status of application is probably still the same as before... ? Just check with him. ? 

Thanks again, Russki. i have spoken to my agent and he is going to check it this evening. Thanks mate for all the help. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slvicky said:

I did mention in my incorrect answers that my parents aren't depended family members hence remove them from my application and CO did the rest ?

Hey .. one more question. Did you download the form and attached on immi account? Is it correct? 

1 hour ago, AAlis said:

Hey .. one more question. Did you download the form and attached on immi account? Is it correct? 

No I did it by update us option. We just have to fill few fields with incorrect answer and relevant correct answer. Then system will automatically generated incorrect information form for us in pdf format and submit. This way it's simple 

8 hours ago, slvicky said:

No I did it by update us option. We just have to fill few fields with incorrect answer and relevant correct answer. Then system will automatically generated incorrect information form for us in pdf format and submit. This way it's simple 

It’s done . Thank you so much 

10 hours ago, Mel 887 said:

Hi everyone 

my 2 years is gonna complete on 11 June 

i have applied PCC Indian from Melbourne VFS

Generally how long it takes?

I got a reference number last week

Thanks

Can please anybody tell me..

how long it takes for PCC?

Hi Guys,

I need to clarify something. Im on 489 family sponsored and have applied for 887.

I came to Aus on 26/03/2016.
I applied for 887 on 08/04/2018 = 743 Days

However I have done bit of travelling during the two years : Ill put all the countries as well so it would be easy to determine if it could be considered as holiday.

20-Dec-2016 - 26-Dec 2016 - Indonesia    = 7 Days

21-Jul 2017 - 25 Jul 2017 - France = 5 Days

25/07/2017 - 27/07/2017 - Leisure  - Netherlands = 3 Days

27/07/2017 - 02/08/2017 - Leisure - Belgium = 7 Days

26/08/2017 - 10/09/2017 - Leisure - Sri Lanka --- home country = 16 Days

08/03/2018 -17/03/2018 - Leisure - China = 10 Days

Total days outside Aus =48

Would this be a problem? Have I covered enough days in regional area? I have paid rental throughout the years. 
Would this be considered holiday because it is not to my home country and many other places?
Is it safe to think that DIBP allows 4 weeks of travelling per calendar year so my application would not be rejected?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

toot

23 minutes ago, toot said:

Hi Guys,

I need to clarify something. Im on 489 family sponsored and have applied for 887.

However I have done bit of travelling during the two years : Ill put all the countries as well so it would be easy to determine if it could be considered as holiday.

Hi toot,

Yes, you are right, and the general rule is up to 4 weeks of holidays away each year is allowed as long as you are maintaining your residence in Australia (which you have been). This means, if you made clearly Australia your home and have a job here and a house and decide to go for a short holiday, this will not affect your 2 years residence requirement. ? So theoretically, you are absolutely fine. ? 

That said, we are noticing more and more that COs sometimes do not play by the rules and for that reason it is best to compensate any absence from Australia to make up exactly 2 years. That's the safest strategy. But please do not panic, it looks like your case is pretty safe and solid. Of course, nothing is 100% guaranteed, but I feel you shouldn't have problems. ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi toot,

Yes, you are right, and the general rule is up to 4 weeks of holidays away each year is allowed as long as you are maintaining your residence in Australia (which you have been). This means, if you made clearly Australia your home and have a job here and a house and decide to go for a short holiday, this will not affect your 2 years residence requirement. ? So theoretically, you are absolutely fine. ? 

That said, we are noticing more and more that COs sometimes do not play by the rules and for that reason it is best to compensate any absence from Australia to make up exactly 2 years. That's the safest strategy. But please do not panic, it looks like your case is pretty safe and solid. Of course, nothing is 100% guaranteed, but I feel you shouldn't have problems. ?

Thanks so much for this, I really hope they'd understand.

1 hour ago, toot said:

Hi Guys,

Would this be a problem? Have I covered enough days in regional area? I have paid rental throughout the years. 
Would this be considered holiday because it is not to my home country and many other places?
Is it safe to think that DIBP allows 4 weeks of travelling per calendar year so my application would not be rejected?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

toot

Hi Toot,

You are not the only person. I am too in the same situation.

I got my 489 visa on 15 Dec 2015 and lodged 887 visa on 24th December 2018. During this time, I have travelled 4 times altogether 61 days in overseas for work and holiday purpose.  I have only compensated 9 days So total outside is 52 days.

Now I am giving you $165 free advise. 

I have paid $165 to migration agent named mark northon for 5 mins to know the weather is beach the condition or not. He said its fine, also advise me to write a letter mentioning these dates & reason and attached our immi account. Also, I have spoken to immigration they said the same thing.

So don't panic write a sample letter with dates & reason of travel.

Also, I like the Russki advise, if possible better to compensate these dates before applying 887 visa. So no dreams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Hi Toot,

I got my 489 visa on 15 Dec 2015 and lodged 887 visa on 24th December 2018. During this time, I have travelled 4 times altogether 61 days in overseas for work and holiday purpose.  I have only compensated 9 days So total outside is 52 days.

I have paid $165 to migration agent named mark northon for 5 mins to know the weather is beach the condition or not. He said its fine, also advise me to write a letter mentioning these dates & reason and attached our immi account. Also, I have spoken to immigration they said the same thing.

Also, I like the Russki advise, if possible better to compensate these dates before applying 887 visa. So no dreams.

I'm really fortunate that still the agent who handled my 489 visa giving me free advise for 887 visa application ? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nelakash said:

Hi Toot,

Thank you so much for this. I owe you 165$ ?

jokes aside, thanks again. means alot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1