887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, vivek2467 said:

Hello Everyone,

I am preparing my documents for 887 visa beforehand so that i am ready for the D-Day. I have a question if anyone can help. When i applied for 489 visa via an agent i gave PCC for Dubai and my home country India. I worked in Dubai for 2 years and hence i required a PCC which i got after spending heaps of money and time. It was a really difficult task but important one. Now to apply for 887 visa do i have to get a fresh PCC again from Dubai or the old expired one will do. I have never traveled again to Dubai after my last job assignment. I am assuming that i wont need it as i have never traveled back to Dubai again. Please help me.

If you have not travelled back to Dubai since you last issued a PCC then you should not need to apply for another

29 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hi guys, 

Anyone know about if our bridging visa active and 489 expired already we still stuck with 8539 visa condition? As bridging visa itself says no condition on it. 

Hi Ricky, I have called to Immi and they told me that once I get Bridging visa I will be free to move anywhere. But I would suggest you call them and confirm. 

17 minutes ago, KC01 said:

100% sure. But I would suggest you to call them. I called them 6 months ago they might have change the condition. So Call them and confirm.

I think you are right mate because bridging visa saying no condition otherwise we would have condition details under the condition column like it was reflecting on 489 visa. 

37 minutes ago, KC01 said:

100% sure. But I would suggest you to call them. I called them 6 months ago they might have change the condition. So Call them and confirm.

Hi mate, 

That's something I picked up from home affairs website what you recommend about this. 

The bridging visa comes into effect when your current Substantive visa expires. You need to comply with the conditions of your current visa until the bridging visa comes into effect.

20190929_124534.png

5 hours ago, Ricky said:

Hi mate, 

That's something I picked up from home affairs website what you recommend about this. 

The bridging visa comes into effect when your current Substantive visa expires. You need to comply with the conditions of your current visa until the bridging visa comes into effect.

20190929_124534.png

Wow they mush have changed the Law. Unbelievable. It means you can't leave the state. 

1 hour ago, KC01 said:

Wow they mush have changed the Law. Unbelievable. It means you can't leave the state. 

They haven’t changed anything mate, still it says “you need to comply with the conditions of your current visa until your bridging visa comes into effect”  means you can follow your bridging visa conditions once it is in effect. 

3 hours ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

Sure but if you provided one and have not been back then no need to continue providing one, is the advice i was given by an agent. Reason being is because you have not been back, so cannot commit a crime, logical?

Same as my wife she provided one before we travelled to Australia and then she didn’t go to her home country that’s why I didn’t provide 

1 hour ago, kumar said:

They haven’t changed anything mate, still it says “you need to comply with the conditions of your current visa until your bridging visa comes into effect”  means you can follow your bridging visa conditions once it is in effect. 

Hi kumar I think you picked up well. So, I've no condition on my bridging visa A I think it's on every ones bridging visa who has applied 887. According to this I think we are not bound with 8539 condition anymore if BVA is active and 489 expired 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys for your kind help, specially @TakeItOnTheChin and @adam . I have one more question, my Dubai PCC and India PCC  have my old passport number on them which has expired and I have got a new one. Will it affect my situation. I mean will my old PCC from both countries still work ?? I have updated the department about my expired passport and have already got a new grant with new passport number on it. Please help !!

9 hours ago, Ricky said:

Hi kumar I think you picked up well. So, I've no condition on my bridging visa A I think it's on every ones bridging visa who has applied 887. According to this I think we are not bound with 8539 condition anymore if BVA is active and 489 expired 

Yes that is what it exactly says..

9 hours ago, vivek2467 said:

Thanks a lot guys for your kind help, specially @TakeItOnTheChin and @adam . I have one more question, my Dubai PCC and India PCC  have my old passport number on them which has expired and I have got a new one. Will it affect my situation. I mean will my old PCC from both countries still work ?? I have updated the department about my expired passport and have already got a new grant with new passport number on it. Please help !!

Police checks generally need your name and possibly your birth date only, passport numbers don't matter

21 hours ago, KC01 said:

Hi Ricky, I have called to Immi and they told me that once I get Bridging visa I will be free to move anywhere. But I would suggest you call them and confirm. 

Please refer to the migration regulation Section Bridging visa A.

The only reason bridging visa does not have conditions, because.. bridging visas are issued in relation to the what visa you apply. In this case applicant has applied for 887 which will be a visa with no conditions and hence you see that on bridging visa also. 

But till it is granted the applicant is bound to its prior visa conditions of 489 visa. 

Logically, one should be allowed.. but regulations takes the stand on conditions. 

Encourage to read and understand correctly the obligations prior to any decisions.

010.6—Conditions

(4)  In any other case: whichever of conditions 8101, 8102, 8103, 8104, 8105, 8107, 8108, 8111, 8112, 8114, 8115, 8539, 8547 and 8549 applies to:

(a)  the visa held by the holder:

(i)  at the time of application; or

(ii)  if the bridging visa is granted under regulation 2.21A to a person mentioned in subregulation 2.21A(2) or (3), or under regulation 2.21B—at the time of grant; or

(b)  if the visa mentioned in subparagraph (a)(i) has ceased, or no visa is held by the holder at the time of grant—the last Bridging A (Class WA) or Bridging B (Class WB) visa held by the holder.

Hi Seniors, Refer to English requirements for dependents.. Immigration site mentioned that if dependent has 1 year full time study in Australia .. this can also be submitted as a proof of English . Does this acceptable as I can see few people still asked for English language test for 887.
Thanks
b3091cd90efe134f2d23a504c5a8c58f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Please refer to the migration regulation Section Bridging visa A.

The only reason bridging visa does not have conditions, because.. bridging visas are issued in relation to the what visa you apply. In this case applicant has applied for 887 which will be a visa with no conditions and hence you see that on bridging visa also. 

But till it is granted the applicant is bound to its prior visa conditions of 489 visa. 

Logically, one should be allowed.. but regulations takes the stand on conditions. 

Encourage to read and understand correctly the obligations prior to any decisions.

010.6—Conditions

(4)  In any other case: whichever of conditions 8101, 8102, 8103, 8104, 8105, 8107, 8108, 8111, 8112, 8114, 8115, 8539, 8547 and 8549 applies to:

(a)  the visa held by the holder:

(i)  at the time of application; or

(ii)  if the bridging visa is granted under regulation 2.21A to a person mentioned in subregulation 2.21A(2) or (3), or under regulation 2.21B—at the time of grant; or

(b)  if the visa mentioned in subparagraph (a)(i) has ceased, or no visa is held by the holder at the time of grant—the last Bridging A (Class WA) or Bridging B (Class WB) visa held by the holder.

I called immi this morning they said when your bridging visa A comes into effect go on VEVO put your bridging visa details in if you find out any condition under the condition column you have to comply with that if nothing shows there you are free. That’s I been told by immi this morning.