887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 9/30/2019 at 9:36 AM, Ricky said:

I called immi this morning they said when your bridging visa A comes into effect go on VEVO put your bridging visa details in if you find out any condition under the condition column you have to comply with that if nothing shows there you are free. That’s I been told by immi this morning. 

did some research on this topic we discussed earlier.. looks like there is no clear definition here on what conditions apply.. refer to the link below which talks about no conditions on bridging visa when you apply PR irrespective of previous visa held. 

if any one who is already on bridging visa can check with Immigration and update back here it will be great, Potential questions to DHA

1. What are the conditions for the bridging visa ? They will probably answer no conditions

2. Does one need to comply my 489 visa conditions while being on bridging visa ?  If Yes .. Why as it is already expired ?   immigration website states one should be compliant with current visa and not expired visa. 

3. If one moves out of regional area will that impact how and why ? As conditions has already being met. 

If anyone has an MARA agent put this questions across to them and get some more insights to this topic. There is fine print here which requires clarity. 

https://hallandwilcox.com.au/thinking/bridging-visa-a-a-brief-overview/

Conditions on BVA

It is helpful for hiring managers to be aware of any work limitation conditions attached to a candidate’s BVA.

Condition(s) on a BVA generally follows condition(s) attached to the previous visa. For example, the person is required to hold adequate health insurance on the previous visa, the person may be required to continue doing so while on the BVA.

However, this does not apply in scenarios where the BVA relates to a permanent residence application. No conditions will attach to the BVA regardless of condition(s) attached with the previous visa.

There will also be no conditions attached to a BVA if the person applies to remove work limitations on their previous bridging visa under the grounds of financial hardship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

did some research on this topic we discussed earlier.. looks like there is no clear definition here on what conditions apply.. refer to the link below which talks about no conditions on bridging visa when you apply PR irrespective of previous visa held. 

if any one who is already on bridging visa can check with Immigration and update back here it will be great, Potential questions to DHA

1. What are the conditions for the bridging visa ? They will probably answer no conditions

2. Does one need to comply my 489 visa conditions while being on bridging visa ?  If Yes .. Why as it is already expired ?   immigration website states one should be compliant with current visa and not expired visa. 

3. If one moves out of regional area will that impact how and why ? As conditions has already being met. 

If anyone has an MARA agent put this questions across to them and get some more insights to this topic. There is fine print here which requires clarity. 

Conditions on BVA

It is helpful for hiring managers to be aware of any work limitation conditions attached to a candidate’s BVA.

Condition(s) on a BVA generally follows condition(s) attached to the previous visa. For example, the person is required to hold adequate health insurance on the previous visa, the person may be required to continue doing so while on the BVA.

However, this does not apply in scenarios where the BVA relates to a permanent residence application. No conditions will attach to the BVA regardless of condition(s) attached with the previous visa.

There will also be no conditions attached to a BVA if the person applies to remove work limitations on their previous bridging visa under the grounds of financial hardship.

You done well mate good on you for this research but it still not clearing our doubt. We need to dig more further as I left queries  to few well known Mara Agents but haven't got any feedback yet either of them. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ricky said:

You done well mate good on you for this research but it still not clearing our doubt. We need to dig more further as I left queries  to few well known Mara Agents but haven't got any feedback yet either of them. 

thanks.. keep this forum updated on the feedback you receive.

25 minutes ago, Ricky said:

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

Conditions on BVA

Under what regulations and law act of migration we need to find out before taking any move. 😕 

25 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Under what regulations and law act of migration we need to find out before taking any move. 😕 

I did try to check.. did not found any direct information relating to this..hence advised to check out with agents/immigration for those who are on bridging visa post expiry of 489. 

19 hours ago, dhle said:

I think you should be fine. Not to stress you out but better check with agent if that 2 months holiday all at one stretch is alright? Coz some people told me that if you are overseas more than 4 weeks each year, then you should compensate for the time exceeds, in your case, another 4 weeks. I would highly recommend you to call immi and ask them directly for a clear answer. Also to ask your agent clearly about this 2 months in one stretch holiday. You are still in the early stage of your application, hence things can be fixed as early. Let us know what they say though. Cheers. 

Hello dhle, I talked with the agent and he said 2 months leave in one stretch holiday doesn't matter. Thanks for the suggestion mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ashi said:

Hello Seniors,

Post getting medicare card, are we elligible for Child Dental scheme benefit?

The free service is available through the school dental program. The free one goes with age. I took my 7yr old son and they said he needs concession inorder to enjoy dental benefits. I ended up paying. You had better take excess cover

5 hours ago, Ashi said:

Hello Seniors,

Post getting medicare card, are we elligible for Child Dental scheme benefit?

3 hours ago, Nkc said:

Hello dhle, I talked with the agent and he said 2 months leave in one stretch holiday doesn't matter. Thanks for the suggestion mate.

Good to hear mate. Make me feel more relaxed and not stressing out about my case too as I did only total 6.5 weeks but in 2 stretches. Best of luck and hope the agent is on point of what he's saying in your case. Did you double check with immigration too? 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, dhle said:

Good to hear mate. Make me feel more relaxed and not stressing out about my case too as I did only total 6.5 weeks but in 2 stretches. Best of luck and hope the agent is on point of what he's saying in your case. Did you double check with immigration too? 

Haven't checked with immigration but will do that if I get time. Thanks.

14 hours ago, nudgee said:

yea you won't have any issue as you already fulfilled the 887 condition. but you might need to inform the department about change of circumstance, you can update details on IMMI 

Hi Nudgee so i Just need to mention in change of circumstances and no need of attaching evidences such as work letter,pay slips? Sorry mostly I log in and post in portal at night times due to work. thanks

On 9/27/2019 at 10:51 PM, jahidul said:

what is s47 ? 2 months short of what?

52 minutes ago, Hewitt Tan said:

Hi,

If you get demerit point deducted from your driving license due to speeding for about 11km/h, is it going to affect your 887 visa application?

Thank you.

If the matter goes to court, it may a problem

1 hour ago, Hewitt Tan said:

Hi,

If you get demerit point deducted from your driving license due to speeding for about 11km/h, is it going to affect your 887 visa application?

Thank you.

It will not...just speeding ticket. Unless you have hit someone or matter goes to court.

11 hours ago, Dee said:

My daughter is 17 and all her immunizations are free; but as far as i know yes you can get all the immunizations and dental covered for kids. Applicants with smaller kids might be able to give much affirmative answer. Also the best way is to check with your GP...

Thanks for reply @Dee Even they dont know....

• Thanks 1

It’s like having coinage for beggars 

coinage of grants and then nothing coinage of email and nothing 

here we are all of us with same again with no grants, time increase, and stressed about everything in our life no assurance of where our life’s are heading 

i understand Immigration has criteria but if the co are not going to be at work all of them there will be no progression and files will stack up like always and people in stress frustration anxiety depression

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ice Breaker said:

Hi Everyone, 

Silent follower here. I’ll be applying for 887 this November from 489. My question is, Do I need to set up a new immi account since my wife was the Main Applicant for 489 or can we use the immi account of my wife? I hope you guys can help me. thanks in advance. 

You can't apply using her account. However, she can still apply if she has met the residency and work requirement. If not, you need a new ac for yourself.