887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 hours ago, Salman khan said:

he said there is nowhere mention regarding English requirement and its not possible that at provisional stage they required min 6 in each ielts and for permanent residency they require only 4.5 band sounds like crazy ..

Furthermore on this discussion found this on the facebook page . It seems that asking functional english is going to become a norm as it is evident from this request that each applicant is required to provide evidence.

image.thumb.png.837f98ad0f54bc99845afcf71dae8943.png

15 minutes ago, A_D said:

Furthermore on this discussion found this on the facebook page . It seems that asking functional english is going to become a norm as it is evident from this request that each applicant is required to provide evidence.

image.thumb.png.837f98ad0f54bc99845afcf71dae8943.png

Yeah I understand what you are saying, I believe that the COs are unaware of the legislation. Also, the Homeaffairs website states the word "each dependent" , not "each applicant".

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 10.26.05 pm.png

7 hours ago, Sean3075 said:

Just checked the Visa processing time page and saw : 

We are currently assessing applications submitted before January 2019

😥

My wife(Primary) and I(2nd) applied 887 on 27/9/2018, 

17/12/2019 first contacted, 

CO(Andries ) asked us to provide1) new AFP  2) my functional English proof or just pay VAC tuition fee. ( but I've paid for Functional English and the 2nd Visa Application Charge (VAC) when I applied for 496 VISA and finished the lessons and got the certificate in AU. )

So we just sent the new AFP and my certificate. 

And then nothing... Now it starts to process "2019"...    Maybe I  should have just paid the tuition fee. 😥

Applied September 18...first contact Dec 19 by Andries...no other news still waiting

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, 28-09-18 said:

I talk with my agent as a primary applicant he said no need of English requirement as I was secondary applicant in 489 now I m primary applicant in 887 I provide my 5 yrs study in aus even in 887 he didn't upload my aus study and if co ask for functional English he said better to write email to skill support include all your study docs and upload into immi again and mention everything if you have any qualification in English medium you don't need to do ielts or any test again

Do you have any sample email you drafted ? In case they ask, I have to get it ready to send ....

On 5/13/2020 at 8:57 PM, nudgee said:

For direct grant it’s between 14 - 16 months now. But I think if they continue this speed will further reduce to 13 - 14 months. I think they will work on March and April applications this month and next month work on May. So maybe May applicants only need to wait 13 months. Just my prediction

I believe I saw a post somewhere that they are prioritising onshore application for the moment. Because there is no point processing offshore applications due to travel restrictions. What do you boys think ?

8 hours ago, Sean3075 said:

Just checked the Visa processing time page and saw : 

We are currently assessing applications submitted before January 2019

😥

My wife(Primary) and I(2nd) applied 887 on 27/9/2018, 

17/12/2019 first contacted, 

CO(Andries ) asked us to provide1) new AFP  2) my functional English proof or just pay VAC tuition fee. ( but I've paid for Functional English and the 2nd Visa Application Charge (VAC) when I applied for 496 VISA and finished the lessons and got the certificate in AU. )

So we just sent the new AFP and my certificate. 

And then nothing... Now it starts to process "2019"...    Maybe I  should have just paid the tuition fee. 😥

Email to Skilled support, request them politely to process your application 

Hi All, quick question ?

I have been to UK for 1 week on a business visit and 1 week in Singapore, even before applying 489 visa (in 2017). When I was applying 489 I didn't provide any police clearance. Do you think they would ask now ? Just one week each countries and I had to mention them on form 80 as it asks for any overseas travels for the last 10 years. 🙄

Very happy to find a forum like this!!! Just applied my 887 application a couple of days ago.

Got a issue for my submitted payslips.

Due to the COVID-19, I have taken some annual leaves to stay at home for the safe. Our company’s accountant made a mistake for the accrued annual leave calculation on my last two payslips, which already submitted.

After I realized the mistake and talked to the accountant, he corrected the mistake on our payroll system, and I have downloaded the corrected version.

My question is: Can I write a explanation for CO to explain it and resubmit these two modified payslips again?

Thank you for your help

9 minutes ago, mick LU said:

Very happy to find a forum like this!!! Just applied my 887 application a couple of days ago.

Got a issue for my submitted payslips.

Due to the COVID-19, I have taken some annual leaves to stay at home for the safe. Our company’s accountant made a mistake for the accrued annual leave calculation on my last two payslips, which already submitted.

After I realized the mistake and talked to the accountant, he corrected the mistake on our payroll system, and I have downloaded the corrected version.

My question is: Can I write a explanation for CO to explain it and resubmit these two modified payslips again?

Thank you for your help

Better to get a letter from the company stating the duration of your tenure. I don't think it will not be a problem as you are proving the bank statements that salary has been made to your account.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have submitted the employment letter as well as employee contract, and the salary credit also shown on my bankstatement.

Just dont know how to should I wirte a letter to CO to explain this, or just resubmit these two modified payslips again

12 hours ago, BoddyFam said:

Yeah sure. So I wrote a letter with all the countries I had been to, the dates of travel, and the total days spent in each country. And then I had the total number of days spent outside of Aus. It states this was to see if I needed an updated PCC - so potentially if you have this (PCC) then great, otherwise I would do the letter (I never got an updated PCC because I hadn't been home, but in hindsight, it uploading one may have meant I could have got a direct grant). And also include reference to whether or not you have been home if you do the letter. As a reference below is what they asked from me.

Please provide a list of countries (other than Australia) that you have travelled to after you initially entered Australia as the holder of your Subclass 489 visa (from 01 February 2017 onwards to the current date). Please include all international trips, names of all countries visited on each trip, and how many days (including partial days) spent in each country. This information is required in order to determine if you require new police clearance certificate/s for the Character Test for your Subclass 887 application. Please ensure that you include all international trips. Omission of any trips or dates will result in further delays as we continue to seek information from you. If you have travelled back to South Africa for at least two months cumulatively in this period, you will be requested to provide a new (current) police clearance certificate from South Africa. If you would like a guide of how to respond to this request, you can use the table at Question 18 of Form 80 to assist you. If there is insufficient space, you can provide further details in your own format such as a Word document or Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks so much!! I’ll upload a similar letter just in case 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DVR said:

Better to get a letter from the company stating the duration of your tenure. I don't think it will not be a problem as you are proving the bank statements that salary has been made to your account.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have submitted the employment letter as well as employee contract, and the salary credit also shown on my bankstatement.

Just dont know how to should I wirte a letter to CO to explain this, or just resubmit these two modified payslips again

13 hours ago, Uetian said:

@nudgee @DVR

Do you have any information about  the validity of english test?

On the test certificate, validity period of two years is mentioned. But, the screenshot shared above by @Hans which I believe is the request  received from  DHA, indicated the test is more than 3 years old.

Thanks

For immigration purpose ielts is valid for 3 yrs

10 hours ago, A_D said:

Functional English

If your spouse or partner has less than functional English, then you would need to pay the "English Education Charge" to cover English language tuition in applying for skilled migration.

You can show you have functional English ability by providing evidence of one of the following:

1. Completion of a degree, higher degree, diploma or trade certificate that required at least 2 years of study in English medium
  2. Completion of all years of primary education and at least 3 years of secondary education in English medium; or
  3. Completion of at least 5 years of secondary education in English medium; or
  4. Scoring at least 4.5 averaged over the four components of the IELTS test within the 12 months before application, or during processing; or
  5. Completion in Australia of at least 1 year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma in English medium.
  6. In some circumstances, functional English can be established via interview

So those primary applicants who have done atleast one year full time study and got the award won't be asked to provide proof again provided they upload the certificate and marksheet. 

Where should we upload this documents in our immi account? Because in primary application there is no English requirement section. Thanks

11 hours ago, A_D said:

We all have but as one of the member posted the screen shot of mail from CO, it is evident that it's individual CO's prerogative by asking for Functional English proof. However, some understand the point made by you and some even after understanding just follow their checklist.🙄🙄🙄

I have proficient English ability evidence through PTE which I took couple of years ago in an attempt to apply for 190/189 when I first arrived to Australia in late 2017, and it was sent through to DHA via Pearson website at that time.

Now, It appears that test is still valid for competent english. But, as CO's are asking for "Functional English Evidence for primary applicants", would it be still valid in this scenario? Any thougts?

Thanks

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I am so anxiety.

Due to the COVID-19, I have taken some annual leaves to stay at home for the safe. Our company’s accountant made a mistake for the accrued annual leave calculation on my last two payslips, which already submitted.

My question is: Can I write a explanation for CO to explain it and resubmit these two modified payslips again?