887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

5 hours ago, Uetian said:

I have proficient English ability evidence through PTE which I took couple of years ago in an attempt to apply for 190/189 when I first arrived to Australia in late 2017, and it was sent through to DHA via Pearson website at that time.

Now, It appears that test is still valid for competent english. But, as CO's are asking for "Functional English Evidence for primary applicants", would it be still valid in this scenario? Any thougts?

Thanks

As far as I can understand and interpret the rules, functional English evidence should not be more than 12 months old except studies done in Australia for award.

5 hours ago, nudgee said:

You can post your details here and we will add them for you

I have applied on 6 march 2020. My husband is the main applicant and he was the main applicant for 489 visa too and have two kids. One is 3 and second one is 1 and half years old.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:06 PM, VIJAY SAINI said:

16/9/2018

Im hoping everyone will get their golden email soon. Always hope and have faith. 

Below are the things i’ve learned from the whole process (from application up to receiving the golden email). Im no expert but hope the below helps. My case might be different from others. 

1. Generic email will be sent to you and will advise you to update all your documents. Never take this for granted. Update your police clearance and afp. Check and update your ielts or pte as well. It may be valid when you apply but will not be valid when officers open your file because of its validity period.

2. My opinion is that they will really increase processing time so that regional areas will have people. They will make sure you stay in the regional areas as long as your 489 visa is valid. Thats why It is really very important that you must attached all valid/updated documents so that officer cannot come up asking you to submit updated and additional documents.

3. If in case they ask for additional or updated documents, expect the result will be towards the end of your 489 visa or early part of your bridging visa (as in my case). Please correct me if im  wrong. Im no expert, but think of it, theres alot of application that officers need to look and assess. 

4. Always remember what you have signed and agreed when you applied your 489 visa. One, that you must be able to support yourself in whatever circumstance you might encounter.

5.  I wrote the above because i have a friend who applied PR a day before i applied mine. He got a Direct grant and as for me, officers had asked for additional and updated docs. My friend told me he started updating everything the day he received the generic email. 

Never lose hope, be patient and be positive. Important thing is you take care of yourself. You are not alone. 

Have a great weekend and God bless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

can we write to DHA regarding recent English requirements asked by CO. ask them what the logic behind it.why someone getting asked and someone not. what they really want as before thousand of applicant had not asked for it and got grant!!!""

Edited by sislam
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, sislam said:

can we write to DHA regarding recent English requirements asked by CO. ask them what the logic behind it.why someone getting asked and someone not. what they really want as before thousand of applicant had not asked for it and got grant!!!""

That’s right we should raise this issue. And if English evident is required for main applicant why it’s not in the check list on Immi web. And why no clarity about this. 

Edited by 19A20

1 minute ago, 19A20 said:

That’s right we should raise this issue. And if English evident is required for main applicant why it’s not in the check list on Immi web. And why no clarity about this. 

I sent email last week by writing, its unfair that co are asking of English test for 887 visas, however, please let me know can you accept my expired IELTS test which already provided at the time of lodgment of 489.Home affairs did not get back to me and it almost 7 days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jasmin FR said:

I sent email last week by writing, its unfair that co are asking of English test for 887 visas, however, please let me know can you accept my expired IELTS test which already provided at the time of lodgment of 489.Home affairs did not get back to me and it almost 7 days.

You done the right thing. I’m sure, they can’t add this to check list. It’s only based on wrong interpretation of some old rules by some CO. Australia skilled visa requirements always been very straight forward. Asking English evidence for main applicant is just mind-boggling! I haven’t seen such ambiguity and inconsistency in visa requirements since 5 years being in here reading thousands of forum discussions. I’m sure, in coming days, this issue will be sorted out by the departments. 

• Like 1

Dear Seniors,

i have been contacted by CO few days ago asking for Proof of english language ability as many others in this forum. Im amazed and shocked at the same time just like others here. However i sent an email to the CO and skilled support with screenshots of 887 primary applicants requirement, old ielts result which was 7.5 and screen shot of Ielts attached to 489 application on immi account. Its been over a week now but neither the CO nor skilled support responded. So what I'm planning to do is to attached old ielts again, with all my degrees, transcripts, certifications and a cover letter stating my concerns. 

Now my question is from all those who have been asked for the same, as to what are you planning on doing or what have you done already?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Tawkii said:

Dear Seniors,

i have been contacted by CO few days ago asking for Proof of english language ability as many others in this forum. Im amazed and shocked at the same time just like others here. However i sent an email to the CO and skilled support with screenshots of 887 primary applicants requirement, old ielts result which was 7.5 and screen shot of Ielts attached to 489 application on immi account. Its been over a week now but neither the CO nor skilled support responded. So what I'm planning to do is to attached old ielts again, with all my degrees, transcripts, certifications and a cover letter stating my concerns. 

Now my question is from all those who have been asked for the same, as to what are you planning on doing or what have you done already?

That’s what I told everybody, just provide them with your old 489 English result and explain to them with a cover letter that you are main applicant for 489 and 887 and there is no requirement for main applicant to provide English  according to the department website.  

Edited by 19A20