887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

43 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

My friend what you put there doesn't make any sense.

It's 100% clear that only dependents should provide this. No other interpretation can be derived from the mentioned sentence.

Moreover, I called the immigration office today and they confirmed that primary applicant do not have to provide proof of English.

One of my friends had the same application as mine and he was granted without any proof of English for the main applicant.

It is not what I have put together... I am with you on the interpretation of what we see on immigration website. 

I just told the outcome of the call I had today.. interesting to know varied responses is received for the same query. 

One wants to be to 100% clear but given the current situation.. there is no clear answer here.

If one  gets a direct grant there is one version of the story and there is another when you dont get.  If the immigration makes it clear it will  help existing and future applicants. 

Best wishes with your application. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, like2020 said:

Yes once in December
Asked for 1 year employment again already submitted, AFP with name correction, secondary applicant English submitted all the documents in 10 days since than nothing

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

Nowadays case officer  clearing only 2019 files and all 2018 stuck in backlog...lots of 2018 application still pending for approval .. even some of them still haven't any single contact by co ...

Hopefully you will got grant very soon all the best 

I'm same boat ..

Thanks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TTTF said:

It is not what I have put together... I am with you on the interpretation of what we see on immigration website. 

I just told the outcome of the call I had today.. interesting to know varied responses is received for the same query. 

One wants to be to 100% clear but given the current situation.. there is no clear answer here.

If one  gets a direct grant there is one version of the story and there is another when you dont get.  If the immigration makes it clear it will  help existing and future applicants. 

Please read migration regulation 1994 act.Every case officer need to abide by that . We can’t grab all the shit they are throwing on us .Moreover, the executive on the calls can give general interpretation of things as they are are not immigration lawyers neither Mara certified .

3 hours ago, Ali39 said:

Melbourne.. it dosent matter which one of the states do ur application.. this is a clear in immi web site .. no need ielts for primary

Mate it matters for us as there are total 5 of us in this group who had been requested evidence of functional English from GSM Adelaide office for primary applicant .Every other office except GSM Adelaide is not asking for primary applicant functional English & giving direct grants.

5 hours ago, nudgee said:

It would be 30-50% more grants if they don’t play this game requesting functional English. Maybe they just want to prove that the delay is due to incomplete applications but it’s totally unfair to applicants who did nothing wrong

Can you please add me in the tracker

Applied on 6th May 2019

Number of applicants : 2

thanks 

Edited by New18

3 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

My friend what you put there doesn't make any sense.

It's 100% clear that only dependents should provide this. No other interpretation can be derived from the mentioned sentence.

Moreover, I called the immigration office today and they confirmed that primary applicant do not have to provide proof of English.

One of my friends had the same application as mine and he was granted without any proof of English for the main applicant.

Thanks Megrand1, for helpful info

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jessi said:

Please read migration regulation 1994 act.Every case officer need to abide by that . We can’t grab all the shit they are throwing on us .Moreover, the executive on the calls can give general interpretation of things as they are are not immigration lawyers neither Mara certified .

• Like 1

GRANT GRANT-Another  silent follower 🌷

Family of 3

Applied on 17th of January 2019

First contact: 20th of April 2020

Asked for Baby medical & IELTS for my wife

submitted On 15th of May.

Got the grant while I was writing a complaint 😂

CO Lyandal

I wish you all the very best for everyone!! 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

GRANT GRANT-Another  silent follower [emoji255] Family of 3
Got the grant while I was writing a complaint [emoji23]
CO Lyandal

Congratulations:)
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, R.Jay said:

Family of 3

CO Lyandal

Congratulations mate.

Did you submit your wife's degree certificate and transcript as evidence of functional english at the time of application submission?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Uetian said:

Congratulations mate.

Did you submit your wife's degree certificate and transcript as evidence of functional english at the time of application submission?

Thanks

Thanks mate!

No she hasn’t done any studies  in English medium. So we got done the IELTS again. Only required 4.5 on each band. Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R.Jay said:

Family of 3

CO Lyandal

Congrats...Enjoy your freedom

Also can you please tell which GSM office and whether you applied 489 onshore or offshore?

3 hours ago, Jessi said:

Mate it matters for us as there are total 5 of us in this group who had been requested evidence of functional English from GSM Adelaide office for primary applicant .Every other office except GSM Adelaide is not asking for primary applicant functional English & giving direct grants.

My sis melbourne applicant and Co ask her to provide functional eng and then after 3 months another co (after her complain by letter) corrected it 

Edited by Ali39

3 minutes ago, Ali39 said:

My sis melbourne applicant and Co ask her to provide functional eng and then after 3 months onother co corrected it 

I thought you said it was corrected by CO after she filed a complaint. But GSM Adelaide is not even acknowledging the mistake let alone correcting it.🙄🙄🙄🙄