887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

So many posts regarding functional english requirements today and I am so worried about my application. Date of application 8 April 2019 and my Ielts test date was June 2016 just a couple of months before I lodged my 489 in Dec 2016.

I am main applicant in both 489 aan 887 offshore. So afraid that I will receive request for english in the coming weeks. 

3 minutes ago, TNTA said:

So many posts regarding functional english requirements today and I am so worried about my application. Date of application 8 April 2019 and my Ielts test date was June 2016 just a couple of months before I lodged my 489 in Dec 2016.

I am main applicant in both 489 aan 887 offshore. So afraid that I will receive request for english in the coming weeks. 

There are so many applicants in same boat. No one is sure, who is going to see what scenarios.

2 hours ago, New18 said:
2 hours ago, VM0101 said:

have lodged their 489 application from offshore (which is still unfair) Can a 489 onshore application prove me wrong in here? Your response would be highly appreciated. Cheers,

Irrespective of the location, i am 100% sure they may ask to pr

If the border is still remain closed, the 887 applicants remain offshore are troubled. 

6 minutes ago, TNTA said:

Should not be an issue as long as your ielts was valid while lodging 887 application  

2 minutes ago, nudgee said:

It would be 30-50% more grants if they don’t play this game requesting functional English. Maybe they just want to prove that the delay is due to incomplete applications but it’s totally unfair to applicants who did nothing wrong

That is what I wrote before, by asking language ability, they have just found a new way of delaying the applications.

3 minutes ago, nudgee said:

It would be 30-50% more grants if they don’t play this game requesting functional English. Maybe they just want to prove that the delay is due to incomplete applications but it’s totally unfair to applicants who did nothing wrong

maybe get some advice from Mark? as into whom it should be escalated etc....

image.png.39d6abd0f0d5b16c3ee80bc8c9985343.png

In the section for uploading documents to support language ability for dependant, it appears that Australian work experience can be substitute for English test certificate. So it will be weird if main application is now required to submit function English cert while all his/her Australian work experience documents are uploaded under work requirement 🙂

5 minutes ago, Scorpio2011 said:

12 Months from the date of issue

but the minimum processing time is 14 months, does it mean everyone need to upload a new PCC after the first one uploaded in the beginning expires? AFP is fine, just online application and the result is posted in about 4-7 days. But PCC is a lengthy process!

4 minutes ago, TNTA said:

but the minimum processing time is 14 months, does it mean everyone need to upload a new PCC after the first one uploaded in the beginning expires? AFP is fine, just online application and the result is posted in about 4-7 days. But PCC is a lengthy process!

No it’s not required if you had not gone outside Australia after you had lodged your application & had provided one at the time of application 

Edited by Jessi

3 minutes ago, TNTA said:

It is clarified by Jessie above that incase you have not traveled overseas after having PCC, then it is valid beyond 12 MOnths. 

14 minutes ago, m RJ said:

did they ask for this earlier or just a sudden?

Just a sudden there is nowhere mentioned that primary applicant is required to demonstrate functional English . Only GSM Adelaide is asking for it .

Edited by Jessi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1