887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello everyone, 

I have a question in regards to my 887 visa, I have just completed my 2 years in regional and was about to file my 887 visa, However my partner also got subsequent entry 489 visa(she has never traveled to Australia before), unfortunately she is stuck in India due to covid-19, I need advise on should I file my 887 without including her in the application, or just to wait until she is allowed to travel to Australia. 

12 minutes ago, Dev123 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have a question in regards to my 887 visa, I have just completed my 2 years in regional and was about to file my 887 visa, However my partner also got subsequent entry 489 visa(she has never traveled to Australia before), unfortunately she is stuck in India due to covid-19, I need advise on should I file my 887 without including her in the application, or just to wait until she is allowed to travel to Australia. 

I think all applicants must be onshore when applying so you might have to wait

1 hour ago, Scorpio2011 said:

It seems true. Coz I have got my direct grant today from brisbane office. No Ielts was asked

Congrats for your grant.. Few things which needs to be considered thinking objectively are, 

1. Is your IELTS expired "on the date of 887 visa application", If yes you might be asked for functional english. IELTS - Update documentary evidence to prove FE. Remember IELTS for immigrations purposes is valid for three years. 
  2. Education, Have completed in Australia or any English Speaking countries - If yes You might not be asked for functional english. If not probably consider updating FE evidence.

If your applications  is due to be considered revisit these questions, you might avoid the unnecessary trouble.

On the subject applications processed in states other than SA are not being asked, is really a suspense to live with. Only Immigration department can answer that. One would imagine the rules of processing remains consistent across the processing areas. 

• Like 1

Congrats for your grant.. Few things which needs to be considered thinking objectively are, 
  1. Is your IELTS expired "on the date of 887 visa application", If yes you might be asked for functional english. IELTS - Update documentary evidence to prove FE. Remember IELTS for immigrations purposes is valid for three years. 
  2. Education, Have completed in Australia or any English Speaking countries - If yes You might not be asked for functional english. If not probably consider updating FE evidence.
If your applications  is due to be considered revisit these questions, you might avoid the unnecessary trouble.
On the subject applications processed in states other than SA are not being asked, is really a suspense to live with. Only Immigration department can answer that. One would imagine the rules of processing remains consistent across the processing areas. 

Does PTE also valid for 3 years ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dev123 said:

Thanks for your reply, so you think it is better to wait, and not to apply 887 just by my self ?

If you apply by yourself you will not be able to add your wife to that application later , and getting a spouse pr later is a bit of work plus an extra cost , so if you can wait i think it's better wait a couple more months and wait for her to arrive so you can submit it together

2 minutes ago, dar8 said:

If you apply by yourself you will not be able to add your wife to that application later , and getting a spouse pr later is a bit of work plus an extra cost , so if you can wait i think it's better wait a couple more months and wait for her to arrive so you can submit it together

I hope, they lift the travel ban soon, so she can travel, her visa expires in dec 2020, I spoke with immigration this morning, and they said if she is not able to enter Australia before her first arrival date the visa will be cancelled and you will have to reapply.

2 hours ago, Jessi said:

Should I mention that it’s an unfair treatment given to us & more of harassment . I wish to write following I will quote what home-affair website & legislation says.Should I point out that it had only happened to those who earlier had got 489 offshore & its only been asked by GSM Adelaide office specifically .

It certainly sounds as unfair.. But is it actually unfair in terms of law or relevant migration act? Needs to be revisited very  carefully before making a conclusion. 

These are very strong words - "unfair treatment given to us" & "more of harassment"  if not proven could backfire.

Please remember prior you  write a letter/compliant based on the limited information  it will be difficult to understand and conclude  as each case has different circumstances.

Even you if you want to write it should start with a question and best way to do that is FOI in terms of having the facts right.

Hope this helps.

guys i got very important question. if dependent got vocational english , does he/she still have to provide ielts after 1 year of that vocational english test, ielts score each band over 5.

coz i can see in the website, each band over 5 can apply 887 within 3 yers time. is that gonna work?

8 minutes ago, TTTF said:

It certainly sounds as unfair.. But is it actually unfair in terms of law or relevant migration act? Needs to be revisited very  carefully before making a conclusion. 

These are very strong words - "unfair treatment given to us" & "more of harassment"  if not proven could backfire.

Please remember prior you  write a letter/compliant based on the limited information  it will be difficult to understand and conclude  as each case has different circumstances.

Even you if you want to write it should start with a question and best way to do that is FOI in terms of having the facts right.

Hope this helps.

So what you suggest how to go about it & what words can be used . If you can help me with that it would be a great help.

Guys, it looks like I am now working for DOHA because I call them every day.

The rep today said that skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au will definitely reply if you send a question.

So do not hesitate to contact them and ask about the funny requirement to provide proof of functional English. They said that they already had many calls in regard to this issue.

• Like 1