887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 hours ago, sha_adelaide said:

I got AFP certificate today, so I did upload all requested documents. Instead IELTS I attached my degree certificate and transcript. Now lets start long wait.

Hi, may I know where you got the idea of submitting these documents in leiu of the IELTS or other english tests? Thanks 😊 

Hi everyone,

Is it okay to move to a different regional area once 887 application has been submitted?

If yes, are there further applications or requirements that I will have to submit to DOHA or to my regional sponsor besides providing them updates of my current address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Mkaur said:

Hi Everyone

Plz share experience, who have spent few weeks overseas.. Have you waited to add up time or 4 weeks annual leave is acceptable.. I am gonna apply soon.. Collecting docs.. Plz help and share experience.. Any tips, i should be careful.. 

Can anyone reply plz

Applied 16th May 2019

1st contact 28th  May 2020 - asked for Primary Applicant Proof of English

Called them and after 35min call they said NOW is necessary to attach Proof of English (Functional), below is the email I received after my call

"Thank you for contacting the department in regards to providing evidence of Functional
English.
All applicants over 18 years of age are required to meet the English language requirement at
time of decision. If you have an English language test result for a test taken less than three
years prior to the lodgement of the 887 evidencing at least competent English please provide
a copy.
I note that you have completed a Bachelor overseas. If you hold an award (being a degree,
higher degree, diploma or trade certificate) that required at least two years of full-time study
or training and all instruction (including instruction received in other courses for which you
were allowed credit) for that award was conducted in English.
If your Bachelor was completed in English please provide evidence."

Just now, Guil said:

Applied 16th May 2019

Called them and after 35min call they said NOW is necessary to attach Proof of English (Functional), below is the email I received after my call

"Thank you for contacting the department in regards to providing evidence of Functional
English.
All applicants over 18 years of age are required to meet the English language requirement at
time of decision. If you have an English language test result for a test taken less than three
years prior to the lodgement of the 887 evidencing at least competent English please provide
a copy.
I note that you have completed a Bachelor overseas. If you hold an award (being a degree,
higher degree, diploma or trade certificate) that required at least two years of full-time study
or training and all instruction (including instruction received in other courses for which you

Just booked TOEFL test next week😩

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mkaur said:

Can anyone reply plz

It's better to wait and complete 52 weeks for work and 2 years residency. You never know, how a case officer will interpret your case. I have spend considerable time overseas, but I have make sure to, give them, what they want. It's hard to communicate properly with CO, just make things easy for them, and you will save alot of time while they process your application. 

55 minutes ago, Guil said:

Applied 16th May 2019

English.
a copy.

Who is the CO? GSM Adelaide as well?

I got the same request and i was one who restarted the trend last week for functional english requirement.

I was able to secure a certificate from my Uni overseas for instruction in all English in addition to my bachelor degree certificate that was already uploaded upon submission of 887 application despite of the pandemic and the school is shutdown/closed.

Same issue that was exam was already expired more than 3 years taken 2014 for 489 visa awarded offshore.

Uploaded the certificate last night but still waiting for my new AFP that was requested as well.

It seems CO assigned is not fixed.

First Contact is GSM Adelaide CO Andrej.

24 minutes ago, Summer said:

Who is the CO? GSM Adelaide as well?

I got the same request and i was one who restarted the trend last week for functional english requirement.

I was able to secure a certificate from my Uni overseas for instruction in all English in addition to my bachelor degree certificate that was already uploaded upon submission of 887 application despite of the pandemic and the school is shutdown/closed.

Same issue that was exam was already expired more than 3 years taken 2014 for 489 visa awarded offshore.

Uploaded the certificate last night but still waiting for my new AFP that was requested as well.

It seems CO assigned is not fixed.

First Contact is GSM Adelaide CO Andrej.

Processing Office:GSM Adelaide

Jennifer

11 hours ago, Patrick L said:

Applied 06 Jan 2019 - Single Applicant

CO 1st Contact 01 May 2020

Today after 28 days of 1st contact from Case Officer Andrej I received an email from CO Michael. I was advised that my PTE-A is not accepted because it is more than 3 years prior to 887 lodgement. I raised a complaint on 13 May as to why I was being asked to provide evidence despite of holding 489 and as a primary/single applicant. I received a feedback from Chelsea (Business Support Officer) saying I am not required to provide further evidence of English Ability but I still uploaded my PTE-A exam, Transcript and certificate overseas but today another case officer Michael handled my application advising me that my PTE-A exam is more than 3years prior to 887 lodgement which is incorrect. Firstly, It came to my surprise as to why I was still being asked for the evidence and secondly CO has miscalculated the years of my PTE-A from the date it was issued which is June 2016 to the date I lodged 887 visa which is January 2019. Clearly my PTE-A is less than 3 years when I lodged 887.

I rang 131881 to complain but she only gave me the email skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au to send my query in writing. Hope I get a positive reply from them coz I don't want to take another PTE-A! This whole process is just extremely frustrating.

very frustrating. Why did not come in the first place? what work Co Andrej did? just ball passing to another CO. And the 2nd CO miscalculated time. 

2 hours ago, Guil said:

Applied 16th May 2019

English.
a copy.

Agreed in the  interest of time(even though it doesn't make sense)

Why it is not mentioned on the website should be the question..

1. Why the process is been made so complicated for all applicants, should be the push back question, so do you mean that the website does not provide complete and comprehensive information ?
  2. Who will be held responsible for delay due this requirement ?

One more thing... I was reading the letter received from DHA, it talks about all what a applicant needs to be doing and timeframe for the response..with appropriate explanation, 

1. When do you need to give us the information
  2. How should you provide the information?
  3. What happens if you do not provide the information in time?

But no where it is mentioned what will  the department do and timeframe for the department to respond back.. think it is fair expectation and  to keep the process transparent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DVR said:

Hi @nudgee

Do I have to give a statutory declaration signed by my fried who I was living with for first 3 months ? I just simply got a letter, not a Statutory declaration. And should it be signed attested by a J.P ? 

/Thanks,
D

get a statutory dec signed by JP it will be much better than a simple letter. it will save you time. CO may ask you to get a sat dec after and it will waste ur time 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amy1627 said:

Hi, may I know where you got the idea of submitting these documents in leiu of the IELTS or other english tests? Thanks 😊 

Hey it's in the site that u can prove finctional English if u have a degree or higher diploma in English medium which required 2 years of studying

1 hour ago, TAS887 said:

Very true.. all Adelaide CO are asking for Primary IELTS

True I was asked the same and was from Adelaide. CO Karen. ALso they never mentioned on the request which type fo Englsh they need. Just mentioned the one we submitted expired. Thanks to this forum I submitted Functional english proof. Now status is Further Assesment.

16 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

get a statutory dec signed by JP it will be much better than a simple letter. it will save you time. CO may ask you to get a sat dec after and it will waste ur time 

Thanks brother, do you have a sample form or anything ? Thanks 

11 hours ago, nudgee said:

Sorry to hear that, Did you upload the expired PTE on your 887 , or they checked your 489 application ?

Honestly it shouldnt even matter. All this issues with English requirement is BS. On what bases are asking for new English when its obvious you already granted 489 visa because they fulfilled that requirement. What ask again. its same as saying that your Bachelor or master or doctorate degrees have expired. I am more than shot of word to explains this BS. This is just some form of discrimination because a sane person would only be interested in the two requirement for 887 which is did the applicant live in regional/designated region for 2 years and did they work full time equivalent for a year. its that simple. Honestly if i have the time i will be doing my PHD on Discrimination within the Australian immigration process.😞. I hope everyone on here will support when hat time comes. 

N/B just venting no offence intended😀

• Like 3

Hey it's in the site that u can prove finctional English if u have a degree or higher diploma in English medium which required 2 years of studying

Thanks for you response [emoji846]

Certificate courses done here in AU isn’t acceptable? Has to be diploma or higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Guil said:

Just booked TOEFL test next week😩

WHooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

JUST GOT MY GRANT

Applied 16th May 2019

1st contact 28/05/2020 CO Jennifer (Adelaide) asked for Primary Applicant Proof of English

28/05/2020 Made a complaint by website and called them

29/05/2020 GRANT

Cheers Jennifer for changing you mind

Email below:

UNCLASSIFIED

Dear Mr xxxxx,

I am writing to advise you that I have located your TOEFL iBT English results that you provided for your 489 visa application. As these results were still valid when you lodged your 887 application there is no requirement to provide any further evidence of Functional English.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I will continue to assess your application.

Have a good day!

Kind regards

Jennifer

Position Number: xxxx

Decision Maker, Skilled Program Delivery SA (GSM)

Skilled and Family Visa Program Branch, Immigration Programs Division

Immigration and Settlement Services Group

Department of Home Affairs

Email: skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au

Edited by Guil
adding some info
  • Like 4

Just now, Guil said:

WHooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo

JUST GOT MY GRANT

Applied 16th May 2019

1st contact 28/05/2020 CO Jennifer (Adelaide) asked for Primary Applicant Proof of English

28/05/2020 Made a complaint by website and called them

29/05/2020 GRANT

Cheers Jennifer for changing you mind

wow such a quick turnover, congrat !!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Shahtab said:

Hi Admin,

I am currently really worried with a topic, i have spent around 29days out of the country on a holiday. Before applying 887 i asked the migration agent and he mentioned it wouldntbe an issue as we can spend 28days outside, hence i applied 2 days late to mske up for the date. 

If i take into account the 29days spent my total days comes to 733

If i dont take it into account it cones at 704 days .

Should i be highly concerned or are you aware if there is any regulation on the following.

Did you apply through an agent ? Yes you can stay out of country for 4 weeks..
https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/