887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 minutes ago, Jessi said:

Was the request from GSM Adelaide office?

22 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Write back to them and tell them it’s a mistake. 

Should I call 131881??? I wrote a letter and attached it on my application...

11 minutes ago, Jagpreet1818 said:

GSM Adelaide

You should complain or else you can submit your uni transcript .Its not as per legislation for primary applicant to provide functional English proof. I am in same situation I had lodged complaint waiting for their response .

1 minute ago, Jessi said:

You should complain or else you can submit your uni transcript .Its not as per legislation for primary applicant to provide functional English proof. I am in same situation I had lodged complaint waiting for their response .

How did you lodge a complaint?

I was also contacted yesterday requesting Functional English for both primary applicant and secondary applicant. I attached an IELTS result sheet valid at the time of the lodging my 887 application. Secondary applicant's IELTS was within the 12 months by the time of lodging. Will they accept my IELTS results though it's got expired now?.

Applied on 7 May 2019.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, AshDi said:

I was also contacted yesterday requesting Functional English for both primary applicant and secondary applicant. I attached an IELTS result sheet valid at the time of the lodging my 887 application. Secondary applicant's IELTS was within the 12 months by the time of lodging. Will they accept my IELTS results though it's got expired now?.

Applied on 7 May 2019.

Thank you.

JUST FOR DEPENDANTS

Proof of functional English

Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English.

Edited by Guil

4 minutes ago, AshDi said:

Applied on 7 May 2019.

Thank you.

Did you attach IELTS before asking CO? or after?

18 minutes ago, Jessi said:

I" have complained on homeaffairs website and sent emails too. But we all know that it would again be a few months before they respond.

Hi everyone,

silent follower for this topic for a while and today is my first time actually registered the account to share my journey.

one applicant only

applied 23/12/2018

all relevant documents uploaded 30/12/2018

acknowledgment of receiving my application and documents 3/1/2019 from Michael (Adelaide office)

first non-automatic contact from CO Marea(Adelaide office) asking for updating AFP (the previous one expired during the waiting😐) 1/5/2020

new AFP uploaded 12/5/2020

complaint sent to GFU and received a mediocre reply two days later 22/5/2020

direct grant from Kylie (Adelaide office) 28/5/2020

Somehow I am finally feeling relieved but yet not that excited as I used to imagine, I guess the long waiting has surely diminished some of the joy and surprises, which should always be there when you have your visa granted. However, I would still say 'stay calm and keep faith'. Thanks for being part of the journey.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, DVR said:

Team, 

Correct me if I am wrong ? Have you seen a trend if an applicant keeps updating all the recent documents (after submitting 887 and more than required) within the waiting period, he/she gets direct grant ? 😶

I did same as in most of the previous cases CO are asking for further proof of stay & work in regional area.Now it’s a trend where everyone is attaching there functional English proof as an primary applicant .

2 minutes ago, Jessi said:

I did same as in most of the previous cases CO are asking for further proof of stay & work in regional area.Now it’s a trend where everyone is attaching there functional English proof as an primary applicant .

I think the functional english is not requested by case officer for those who applied 489 onshore, having passports from certain countries such as England, New Zealand, etc and if already provided the academic transcript from university when applying for 489.  

32 minutes ago, DVR said:

Team, 

Correct me if I am wrong ? Have you seen a trend if an applicant keeps updating all the recent documents (after submitting 887 and more than required) within the waiting period, he/she gets direct grant ? 😶

I also feels so...Actually if we keep updating the documents, as and when CO picks up the file, requirement for asking further document ceases to exists and thus direct grant.

31 minutes ago, Eli2020 said:

Hi everyone,

silent follower for this topic for a while and today is my first time actually registered the account to share my journey.

one applicant only

applied 23/12/2018

all relevant documents uploaded 30/12/2018

acknowledgment of receiving my application and documents 3/1/2019 from Michael (Adelaide office)

first non-automatic contact from CO Marea(Adelaide office) asking for updating AFP (the previous one expired during the waiting😐) 1/5/2020

new AFP uploaded 12/5/2020

complaint sent to GFU and received a mediocre reply two days later 22/5/2020

direct grant from Kylie (Adelaide office) 28/5/2020

Somehow I am finally feeling relieved but yet not that excited as I used to imagine, I guess the long waiting has surely diminished some of the joy and surprises, which should always be there when you have your visa granted. However, I would still say 'stay calm and keep faith'. Thanks for being part of the journey.

Congrats

Just now, Jai007 said:

Finally!! The long wait is over.

887 granted family of 3 

Applied 11th dec 2018

First contact 17th april. 2020.

Asked for 4 months old babies medical from GP and to sign a consent form. 

28th may 2020. 887 visa granted. 

Congrats

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jai007 said:

Finally!! The long wait is over.

887 granted family of 3 

Applied 11th dec 2018

First contact 17th april. 2020.

Asked for 4 months old babies medical from GP and to sign a consent form. 

28th may 2020. 887 visa granted. 

Did the CO created hap id for ur baby? or just asked to provide a GP referral letter and e-consent form? 

1 hour ago, AshDi said:

Applied on 7 May 2019.

Thank you.

This is the issue actually which I think is impacting all...

You have provided a certificate which is actually not required and that too expired one....