887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 minute ago, jahidul said:

Dear friends 

can a casual worker apply for early release for super? Please kindly reply if you know anything .

sorry for asking out of topic.

thanks

The latest is that you can. But you must be employed for at least 12 months or more in the current job on 1st March 2020.

Finally Granted 
Applied:- 03/03/2019
Granted:- 12/06/2020
First contact by CO on 13/5/20 for primary applicant functional English proof & Afp for primary -secondary applicant (which was already submitted b4).
Submitted Uni Doc as functional English Proof on 1/6/20 & complained on 4/6/20
Initially Co was Marea & granted by Vely today.
I wish everyone good luck & speedy grants ahead
Congratulations Mate [emoji106] enjoy your new life .

I am also sailing on the same boat. Where did you put up the complaint. ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sha_adelaide said:

Does anyone know if we can apply medicare through email? 

You have to gather all the following documents:

1) Passport - it must be certified
2) Your 489 Visa Grant
3) Your 887 Acknowledgement - PDF copy
4) Medicare Enrolment Form (MS004) - make sure you fill up and complete with signatures

Email them to mes@servicesaustralia.gov.au with the subject header "NEW ENROLLMENT - [First Name] [Last Name]

Do note that there's currently about 4-8 weeks wait. I waited mine for 43 days.

• Like 2

Just now, wng said:

2) Your 489 Visa Grant
4) Medicare Enrolment Form (MS004) - make sure you fill up and complete with signatures

Email them to mes@servicesaustralia.gov.au with the subject header "NEW ENROLLMENT - [First Name] [Last Name]

I was asked to send 887 bridging visas. not 489. Earlier I sent 489 with 887 acknowledgement . Frustrating..

1 minute ago, sha_adelaide said:

Is it. My husband got it but he wasnt employed for 12 months in current job plus it is not casual. But they didnt ask any questions or evidence.

I am not sure on your husband's case. As for mine, we are a huge MNC. We followed directions from HR which came from our Head Office in QLD. All I did was to process according to what Payroll has requested.

1 minute ago, sha_adelaide said:

I was asked to send 887 bridging visas. not 489. Earlier I sent 489 with 887 acknowledgement . Frustrating..

Has your 489 expired? If yes, then your bridging is required. As mine hasn't expired till Oct 2021, I sent only 489 grant and 887 acknowledgement.
Yes, the frustration with Medicare is real these days! The Covid-19 pandemic made them work behind the scene.

12 minutes ago, suvasuman said:

Guys the wait is over. Co Laura

Granted 40 min before. For secondary applicant ielts done august 2017 score 5.5 overall. No more docs requested.  Direct grant.

Congrats. I applied on the same day 21/09/2019. Hope to share the good news too. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wng said:

Has your 489 expired? If yes, then your bridging is required. As mine hasn't expired till Oct 2021, I sent only 489 grant and 887 acknowledgement.
Yes, the frustration with Medicare is real these days! The Covid-19 pandemic made them work behind the scene.

Yah mine is not expired. 2020 so far always treated me like this. 😄 So this is another story for the year.

3 minutes ago, sha_adelaide said:

Yah mine is not expired. 2020 so far always treated me like this. 😄 So this is another story for the year.

Yeh. For me 489 was not expired but they asked Bridging visas for medicare enrolment when I went in person to Centerlink office. I was not carried them but the officer find it out from their system through my passport.

I have received bridging Visa automatically when I submit my 887 application.Please check your IMMI account.

25 minutes ago, suvasuman said:

Guys the wait is over. Co Laura

Granted 40 min before. For secondary applicant ielts done august 2017 score 5.5 overall. No more docs requested.  Direct grant.

Many Congratulations. What did you upload for primary applicant functional english?

2 hours ago, JayK said:

Contacted just now for more information:

Applied 20th September 

Required Passport for newborn or letter from consular to indicate delay 

Tb screening for my 2yr old. Previously completed medical 

So disappointing!

Co  Lisa

Has the CO specifically requested you to send a letter from consular if you are unable to get the passport?

55 minutes ago, wng said:

2) Your 489 Visa Grant

Thanks for the info. Do they send the medicare number through email? or just mail the medicare card to your residence?

Is it 43 working days?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hope2020 said:

Thanks for the info. Do they send the medicare number through email? or just mail the medicare card to your residence?

Is it 43 working days?

after I sent email to apply the medicare, there was no respons.

I called the medicare yesterday (after three weeks) and one lady told me I need go to the centre link to certify my ID.

I been there this morning and a staff helped me did this, and provided ne my medicalcare number.

the physical card will post to me about 2-3 weeks

Edited by MMM