887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi guys , 
i m still waiting , Ist contacted by CO on 3/06/2020 for functional English uploaded on same day no contact since than . 

checking my email every 5 minutes. Very stressful and frustrating. 
Any suggestions please ? 
I am also facing the same frustration [emoji35]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Silent follower.

Granted! Granted! Granted!

Applied on April 30, 2019

First contact via agent on 2 June, 2020 requesting for further documents for both my daughter and myself, i.e Education Certs and invoices/bills.

PR granted today June 23, 2020

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Nad Nad said:

Silent follower.

Granted! Granted! Granted!

Applied on April 30, 2019

First contact via agent on 2 June, 2020 requesting for further documents for both my daughter and myself, i.e Education Certs and invoices/bills.

PR granted today June 23, 2020

Congratulations! May I know who is your CO that granted you today?

3 hours ago, Tassie Devils said:

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help?

CO asked for wife's PCC from India where she currently is. However the Indian Passport Office that issues PCC is shut due to Corona and she doesn't know when she can get the appointment. Is there a way we can request CO for waiver or it has to be done sooner or later?

TIA

I think it's upto co as i had a similar issue , i wrote a cover letter and attached the overseas pcc we got in 2016 but i did that  before co was to request pcc ,and they provided us with direct grant without even asking for an updated one , is it possible for u to get a letter from an indian consular office in Australia mentioning this office closure due to covid and delay in india? if so it maybe worth a try getting a letter and send it to processing unit

53 minutes ago, trx said:

I think it's upto co as i had a similar issue , i wrote a cover letter and attached the overseas pcc we got in 2016 but i did that  before co was to request pcc ,and they provided us with direct grant without even asking for an updated one , is it possible for u to get a letter from an indian consular office in Australia mentioning this office closure due to covid and delay in india? if so it maybe worth a try getting a letter and send it to processing unit

@trx @Tassie Devilsthanks for suggestion but the consular office in melbourne are not helpful in sense of providing letter...

they said only emails can be answered or check online status😞 as i applied my new born passport on 1st june 2020 which CO asked me to provide colour scan copy on 4th June 2020...

still waiting to get the passport as its for new passport always come from india which i beleive is sxxt thing!!

;(

not disgouring anyone .. but they can email as response ...if CO accepts that it will be great for all of us...

hope for best...all the best guys

Edited by nmit07
  • Like 2

Hi Guys,

Does anyone has any format to write the uni letter to proof the functional English?

Or does it enough to state the duration of study and medium of conduct is in English?

Are there any missing points in here which I should ask to mention on that letter?

Thanks,

4 hours ago, King Family said:

Hi all, 

I am a self-employed deliver driver, holding a visa 489, I just wonder how can I provide evidence of my 35 working hours when I lodge visa 887?

This is what I have done for the job:

1. Registered ABN and GST (Less than 75000 a year, Simpler BAS)

2. Invoices showing my weekly salary that gets into my account

However, should I get the reference letter from the company I am currently working for? My boss and I are not really in employee - employer relationship , I am one of his sub-contractor / driver, so would the CO consider this letter as valid? We have no contract signed. 

Just want to keep everything on track! 

Would anyone can share the experience?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

KingF

If you are self employed you should be able to demonstrate that you worked arleast 35 hrs a week. As far as your tax documents is concerned it should be your quarterly bas lodgements, ato tax receipts end of the year tax report. Make sure your invoices got the hrs you worked on it for each week or fortnight. And the employment letter shuld be saying that your are a full-time contractor worked for 35hrs weekly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

Finally got out grant this morning, 

Applied march 19. First contact may 25th and grant this morning.

Family of four with both children born on the 489.

Congratulations! When in March did you apply? I applied on March 25, 2019. Still waiting after first contact...

12 hours ago, Cham said:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone has any format to write the uni letter to proof the functional English?

Or does it enough to state the duration of study and medium of conduct is in English?

Are there any missing points in here which I should ask to mention on that letter?

Thanks,

First four lines are required.

img_4155.png

Edited by sam_may_2020