887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

By the grace of GOD , I received my 887 Visa today.

Applied Date - 19 March 2020

First Contact - 10 August 2020 . Requested Functional English for both primary and secondary applicants .Co - Quang

Submitted Educational documents of mine and PTE ( Score - Proficient English, just more than one year old at the time of application) and educational documents of wife on same day.

Granted - 10 September 2020

Family of 4  

CO - Karen

+  AVE MARIA  +

• Like 4

On 8/27/2020 at 4:23 PM, Prab Singh said:

Hi ... I applied for my Visa without my sons passport .. You could upload it later once you receive it .. You could even submit a Stat dec that the passposts are delayed coz of COVID and  they can issue grant and once you receive passport you will upload .. 

Hello mate, I am currently trying to apply for 887 without my newborn childs passport but the system doesnt let me proceed on the section where it ask accompanying member of family unit. It requires me to enter passport number expiry date etc.

Any idea what to do? Should I add my kid to other family members section?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Finally ... wait is over

Applied : 20th November 2019

First Contact: 25th June 2020 for my 10 month old baby's medical

Today got a call from Theresa around 11am to verify DOB,Work and passport no.

Received the grant now.

Thanks all.This forum was really helpful

P.S - Complained twice about the slow processing using the immi account and send a detailed email to chief minister of NT week back. CM office call me back on Tuesday and Migration NT submit a submission to DOHA on 9th September 2020. I don't know whether the submission worked or not but I received the grant just now.

Any suggestion on getting the CCS no and registering with Centralink ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Namal said:

Finally ... wait is over

Received the grant now.

P.S - Complained twice about the slow processing using the immi account and send a detailed email to chief minister of NT week back. CM office call me back on Tuesday and Migration NT submit a submission to DOHA on 9th September 2020. I don't know whether the submission worked or not but I received the grant just now.

How did u complaint via immi account ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Namal said:

Finally ... wait is over

Received the grant now.

Any suggestion on getting the CCS no and 

3 hours ago, Namal said:

Finally ... wait is over

Received the grant now.

congratulations 

Bro able to pm the email that you send to chief minister i have similar situation .Applied nov 3 2019. I want try my luck too

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, Namal said:

Finally ... wait is over

Received the grant now.

Congrats...

who was co during first contact?

2 hours ago, Rahul Saxena said:

First contact on 30 June 20

CO Maera asked for Functional English for primary.

Submitted on 17 July 20

Visa grant on 11 Sep 20

CO Andreas

Hello, 

I applied for 887 visa earlier this year but somehow I forgot to renew my passport it's already been 2 months since my passport expired, I am on bridging visa A, does it affect my visa application if I don't renew my passport on time, if anyone has experience this issue please advice.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Nishant verma said:

Hello, 

I applied for 887 visa earlier this year but somehow I forgot to renew my passport it's already been 2 months since my passport expired, I am on bridging visa A, does it affect my visa application if I don't renew my passport on time, if anyone has experience this issue please advice.

Thank you.

The primary requirement is valid passport all the times, i believe that Co may ask you to renew it prior to grant.

if u haven't applied.. please go for it and upload ASAP

On 9/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, Namal said:

Finally ... wait is over

Received the grant now.

Can u please send me copy of letter, sent to CM.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, oscar744 said:

Hello mate, I am currently trying to apply for 887 without my newborn childs passport but the system doesnt let me proceed on the section where it ask accompanying member of family unit. It requires me to enter passport number expiry date etc.

Any idea what to do? Should I add my kid to other family members section?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi guys, does anyone have any suggestion as how to proceed in the application without the newborns passport? I read here on this forum that people has already received grants without passport so I am guessing there is a way to it.

6 hours ago, m RJ said:

The primary requirement is valid passport all the times, i believe that Co may ask you to renew it prior to grant.

if u haven't applied.. please go for it and upload ASAP

Thanks for replying, I just wanted to know, will it be a issue that I am updating my passport after 2 months because I am not holding a valid passport on bridging visa A.

Does it affect my visa application?

On 9/12/2020 at 10:27 PM, Nishant verma said:

Hello, 

Thank you.

Hello, at the time of grant, the Department of Home Affairs would require you to have a valid passport (i.e. not expired). You would need to get in touch with your country of citizenship. Once you have received your new passport, you will need to inform IMMI of the new passport details ASAP.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:48 PM, Soumya said:

Same case here.  I have applied on 12/3/20 , first contact made on 6/8/2020 and still waiting. Family of 3.

My Case officer was Marea. didn't see her name for quite some time in the officers approving. i have another friend who was contacted 2 weeks before me by the same officer, but still no update. 

Just got the grant email after 9 month waiting-

Applied on 15.12.19

First contact 30.06.20 by Lisa 

Granted today 14.09.20 by Monica

Many thanks to all, it has helped a lot with easing the anxiety when knowing we are all together awaiting and sharing info. Good luck to all who are waiting. Looks they do have a timeframe they are working on. Followed up once last month but didn't think it was any helpful. 

• Like 2