887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 9/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, m RJ said:

Can u please send me copy of letter, sent to CM.

Dear chief minister,

First of all congratulations for the remarkable victory in the 2020 election.Your proactive thinking and great leadership keeping us safe during this pandemic environment.

If it was someone else Territory would have been in a great danger.Thank you for taking a stance and defending the people of NT in a drastic pressurized situation. Wish Victoria had the same wisdom and leadership to prevent the loss of life happening right now.

I came to Territory from Sri Lanka in 2017 under a 489 visa which is considered as a Temporary resident and I chose NT because I saw the territory had a great potential and love the outdoors.I'm living in Darwin from 2017 and working for........................, Howard Springs.After 2 years in November 2019 I applied for 887 Visa and till today my application is still in processing.

Home affairs take 20 months to assess that I lived and worked in Territory but would grant PR for an offshore applicant within 6 months.Even in the pandemic where Australian borders are closed and not granting any Tourist,189& 190 visa timeline for 887 skilled regional visas is 20 months.

This is completely unfair and against the Australian values we uphold.

As a temporary resident I won't get any support from the Home affairs or other Federal office in this pandemic environment. My application to become a resident is in the backlog and sitting in it for 10 months and I tried to contact the visa office, Home affairs but got no response.Only a generic reply stating 20 months timeline.

My ref with Home affairs is ---------------------- and application date 20 November 2019.

Highly appreciate if you can help me to send this message across to Home affairs officials.
  • Like 3

After a long wait since the first contact on 2 July 2020, With the grace of God, we received the golden email just now. (With this we got roller coaster ride too 😄)

489 visa grant data: 27 Nov 2017, Applied by my self.

887 Application: 11 Dec 2019, Applied by my self.

Family of 2

Granted today by CO Heidi

First contact: Andrej on 2 July 2020, Reason: I had travelled 110 days overseas (3 different counties) + 30 days to my home county. I got s57 letter with short in a number of days. I have prepared the responses by my self and included a number of docs such as Payslips, travel history explain by the employer in letter paid, reasons for travel, overseas business visas, travel tickets, invitation letters, supper statements, statutory declarations (one for work-related travel and another for I was living with my sister) etc. 

I have received few advised that withdraw and apply again as the 887 visa process is fast now etc. Also, don't submit the response by your self and take help from migration lawyer BUT I stick with my guts and applied my self.

My, advise: If you did not do anything wrong and didn't submit false documents, don't need to panic. Just explain your situation. Use statutory declaration where you don't have another way to prove your claim. Keep submitting updated docs like payslips, utility bills etc. once your application month is about to start. 

Good luck who are waiting. Hope your day will come soon. 

Edited by Sachin
  • Like 4

Hi All,

Just now got the 887 visa grant email. Thank you all for your suggestions. Also, please do let me know if I have to apply for Medicare card as I have never availed the interim Medicare card.

Summary:

Applied on 12/3/2020

First contact on 6/8/2020 by CO Sophorn

Grant on 16/9/2020 by CO Kate.

Edited by Soumya
  • Like 2

Hi All

I am in in this forum 

I am on 489 visa going to apply 887 visa next year I need your help. Is anyone in this forum who lodged 887 visa and their dependent child is over 18 , because when I will lodge my 887 visa my older son will be over 18 , he has been living with us since 2013 as we came Australia in 2009

Please reply what documents required for my son ?

Thank you 

3 hours ago, Sonal said:

Hi All

I am in in this forum 

I am on 489 visa going to apply 887 visa next year I need your help. Is anyone in this forum who lodged 887 visa and their dependent child is over 18 , because when I will lodge my 887 visa my older son will be over 18 , he has been living with us since 2013 as we came Australia in 2009

Thank you 

Check 887 Group on FB, connect with Carla Spowart. It's very similar case and they recently applied for 887. 

• Thanks 1

This forum is kinda dying. seems like most people in this forum already got grants and left. Not many people left to be granted so not much activity on the forum now.

Its kinda good for those you have gotten grants...congrats to them all.

To those like me still waiting for their turns, it will come soon.. 🙂  

6 hours ago, Sonal said:

Hi All

I am in in this forum 

Thank you 

We did include our dependent child over 18 in our application.

You need to upload identity documents, birth certificate, your marriage certificate, character documents - overseas PC, AFP, Form 80, Form 1221, evidence of functional English and Form 47A. You can find this form in the department's website (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/47a.pdf) Please note there's no mention about this form in the website where they provide step by step guidelines to gather documents before applying. We got to know when CO contacted us. Hope it's helpful. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ADL2020 said:

This forum is kinda dying. seems like most people in this forum already got grants and left. Not many people left to be granted so not much activity on the forum now.

Its kinda good for those you have gotten grants...congrats to them all.

To those like me still waiting for their turns, it will come soon.. 🙂  

Still waiting. Do you know which dates are they processing now? I applied July 8. Seems like my application has been overlooked.

12 minutes ago, ADL2020 said:

Yes, 6th July was last grant. They have slowed on new grants and are processing more backlogs now.

Thank you! That's a relief then. I thought my application has been overlooked. 😄 Good for the backlogs but I wish they grant new ones too just like before.

I lodged my file on 23 January 2020 and had my first contact on 27 July. Since them, I haven't not heard anything from them. Really frustrated as I stuck overseas with my family and waiting for my pre grant. Can anyone plz  tell me how can I contact them. I already contact them via feedback but no relevant response. 

Plz reply me how can I sort this out. Helpless and upset  

59 minutes ago, Raj881 said:

I lodged my file on 23 January 2020 and had my first contact on 27 July. Since them, I haven't not heard anything from them. Really frustrated as I stuck overseas with my family and waiting for my pre grant. Can anyone plz  tell me how can I contact them. I already contact them via feedback but no relevant response. 

Plz reply me how can I sort this out. Helpless and upset  

Unfortunately u can't do much here.

Keep trying to get an exception to travel to Australia, even if u get pre-grant then also u can't travel to Australia.

As far as ur pre-grant is concerned, I think it should not take more time as they are processing the files really fast... 

10 minutes ago, SamOS said:

Great

If this is the case then 887 can be granted to people who are currently outside Australia which makes it easy for them to Travel to Australia ...

2 hours ago, jaknap3 said:

Unfortunately u can't do much here.

Keep trying to get an exception to travel to Australia, even if u get pre-grant then also u can't travel to Australia.

As far as ur pre-grant is concerned, I think it should not take more time as they are processing the files really fast... 

Thank you 

Hi all,

Looking for some insights / advice 🙂

We've received a request to undertake medical assessment for our son, 8 months old,  born in Australia.

The rest of us are fine as health assessment were previously done for the 489 visa. We are from the UK. 

The examination requested are:

501 - Medical Examination

719 - TB screening

I don't recall my eldest boy needing to take the TB screen back in England, just the 501 medical examination. (he was 4 months old then)

Is this a new requirement? Does it apply to babies born in Australia? 

From what I read, its either a blood test or a skin-prick Mantoux test. 

Has anyone else had request for TB screen for kids under 2 years old?

Thank you all in advance

Leon