887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

17 hours ago, AJ4mDarwin said:

Hi Guys!

I am happy to see so many people have got their grants since I last checked this page. Congratulations to all. 

I have been waiting to apply for my 887 since may as I was waiting for my wife's 489 SE. My wife is offshore and was recently granted the visa. 

I am now looking to apply for 887 whilst my partner is offshore. Some sources suggest that I can apply it based on the new concessions on 19th Sep however the IMMI website states the applicant need to be in Australia at time of lodging the visa. 

Can you please provide your opinion on it? Thanks!

Hi, 

Can you please share your's wife SE visa details?

When did you apply, what CO contacted, what was the timeframe? 

Thanks. 

On 10/27/2020 at 8:22 AM, TAS887 said:

HI,

Someone in this group had same issue read from page 2050 to 2120 u may find the case and could be helpful.

4 weeks means 28 days and you have 1 day extra. You may get away with it but cant be sure.

But I was wondering if the covid-19 concessions apply in this case? I applied on 887 on 17th October. (I am talking about the onshore 3 month concession, so isn't it 9 months of full-time work instead of 12?) 

11 hours ago, epb_beta said:

But I was wondering if the covid-19 concessions apply in this case? I applied on 887 on 17th October. (I am talking about the onshore 3 month concession, so isn't it 9 months of full-time work instead of 12?) 

Hi,

I have no Idea about the COVID exemptions. Would not be able to help you there.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:11 PM, Narinderjit Singh said:

I am in the same boat, CO contacted on 6 August for my 22 months daughter, but can not book due to lockdown in Victoria. They clearly mentioned on the letter wait until open Victoria lockdown. They know about it and mentioned don’t call  immigration or bupa for extension for medical. It’s very stressful, I am in this country last 12 years.

You got your PR or still waiting after baby medical 

Hi Friends, 

I need suggestion for my situation below.

I lived in city for first two months before moving in regional.  

Next two months, every Week day (Mon-Fri) lived in regional and every Weekend (Sat-Sun) lived in City.  ( 8  X 5 week days = 40 Days)

So Can I count these 40 Days towards my residency in regional ?

Hi all, 

Thank you for your help and support.

I have a question please, can i apply for 489 and 887 visa for a new born with birth certificate only without passport?

We are on 489 and we will apply for 887 in April, we are expecting a new born next month, so i will need to apply for 489 for the baby and after a little while i will need to apply for 887, the problem is obtaining passport from mother country as currently there is no diplomatic pouches and all passport applications are on hold. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Steelz said:

Hi all, 

I have a question please, can i apply for 489 and 887 visa for a new born with birth certificate only without passport?

We are on 489 and we will apply for 887 in April, we are expecting a new born next month, so i will need to apply for 489 for the baby and after a little while i will need to apply for 887, the problem is obtaining passport from mother country as currently there is no diplomatic pouches and all passport applications are on hold. 

Thank you

Which country are you from please?

19 hours ago, Steelz said:

Hi all, 

Thank you

Hey mate ,

You can add your newborn to 489 visa without passport. Once you get the birth certificate, try to apply for passport. If you didn't get the passport by the time of application of 887, contact immi for alternate options.

Edited by Hope2020
  • Like 1

Hey mate ,
You can add your newborn to 489 visa without passport. Once you get the birth certificate, try to apply for passport. If you didn't get the passport by the time of application of 887, contact immi for alternate options.

I will do, thank you so much mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, pr.journey20 said:

Hi all

This group has been very helpful in gaining information. I have one important question. I am on 489 now and eligible to apply 887 tomorrow but my wife is pregnant and baby is due in 1 week. Shall i wait till baby is born or lodge application before? I am very confused. 

Please suggest me 

1). Lodge 887 as soon as you are eligible so that you can advance some processing time in the queue

2). Once the baby is born - notify the department by inform them of the change in your circumstances 

3). Register a birth certificate and passport for your new-born baby as soon as practicable. Chances are passport take long time to get one.

4). Update all relevant forms (80, 1221, 1229) - by including the child in them

Then wait patiently for a case officer to add the baby into your file. The baby will be granted a 489 first once the case officer satisfies he meets all visa conditions for the grant of 489. 

Then, the whole family will be considered for 887.  Good luck!

Hello All,

I have applied for 887 in Dec 2019, CO contacted in July 2020 and additional documents submitted immediately in Aug 2020 and still waiting for the grants. Can anyone tell me the approximate time frame of approvals after submitting the additional documents

6 hours ago, vannakuma said:

1). Lodge 887 as soon as you are eligible so that you can advance some processing time in the queue

2). Once the baby is born - notify the department by inform them of the change in your circumstances 

3). Register a birth certificate and passport for your new-born baby as soon as practicable. Chances are passport take long time to get one.

4). Update all relevant forms (80, 1221, 1229) - by including the child in them

Then wait patiently for a case officer to add the baby into your file. The baby will be granted a 489 first once the case officer satisfies he meets all visa conditions for the grant of 489. 

Then, the whole family will be considered for 887.  Good luck!

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time. So, i don't have to apply 489 of baby if i update those forms? If case officer doesn't open file, baby won't be illegal?

Thank you

On 11/7/2020 at 2:08 PM, pr.journey20 said:

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time. So, i don't have to apply 489 of baby if i update those forms? If case officer doesn't open file, baby won't be illegal?

Thank you

When parents are both temporary residents – holding, for example, a Temporary Skilled work visa, or Student Visa – or a

certain Provisional visa, such as a Subclass 489 Designated Area Provisional – the baby is deemed by operation of law to

hold the same visa as the parent at the time of birth. While you don’t need to actually make application for the baby’s

visa, you MUST notify the Department of Immigration as soon as the baby’s documents are available – birth certiScate

and overseas passport – so that the visa can be attached to the child’s passport.

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking for an advise please. Long story cut short, my family of 5 moved to Darwin in April 2017. We were family sponsored (489 VISA - expires 5 Jan 2021) by NT Government under my husband's skill hence, he was the main applicant and 4 of us were his dependent. My children were 19, 22 and 23 years old during the visa was granted and 2 of them has just completed their tertiary eduction back home.

Unfortunately my husband passed away 11 months later. I updated my agent about my circumstances and therefore, I became the main applicant and all my children remain as my dependents. In April 2019, I tried to apply for 887 VISA for my family, however, I was advised by the agent that my two older children are not eligible to be tagged under my application as they have reached the maximum age limit for dependent visa and are consider working adults. As per advised by my agent again, I continued with my visa application with my youngest daughter as my dependent.

While one of my daughter tried to apply for her 887 VISA using my ex agent in April 2020, my eldest daughter is still working towards her 52 weeks, I received my 887 VSIA in June, 2020 without any problem. Months gone by, email correspondences from my ex agent slowed down and sometimes, he did not even reply to our email. 

Recently, my eldest daughter sent him an email. It took him close to one week to reply and said that because of his 'personal problems' he is not able to catch up with his work. We got desperate and decided to try and apply on our own. Upon creating the immi account and trying to apply online, there is one blank asking for VISA number. We entered the VISA grant number a few time but the system did not regconize it and prompted that the format was wrong. My daughter then sent an enquiry to the immigration as to why she can't entered the VISA grant number and was informed that, she is under DEPENDENT and not eligible to apply for 887 VISA.

As we could not settle this problem ourselves, I have engage another agent who initially advise my children to apply for student visa. But I told him to appeal from the immigration on our behalf as like I mentioned earlier, my children have completed their 52 weeks full time job (still working now) and have been living in Darwin for 2 years. 

Can someone advise me why my children cannot apply 887 visa under their own name eventhough they are already working adult? I am not sure if my ex agent had done something wrong during our 489VISA application. 

Appreciate your advise....no harsh comments pls...thanks.

hi everyone

Can we apply for 887 while my wife is still in offshore due to obvious reasons... I know the DHA have said we can do this but my agent says that they cant add my wife's name yet. 

Is there anyone who has applied while secondary applicant is in off shore.??? 

Much appreciated

8 hours ago, S0189 said:

hi everyone

Can we apply for 887 while my wife is still in offshore due to obvious reasons... I know the DHA have said we can do this but my agent says that they cant add my wife's name yet. 

Much appreciated

You can apply 887 while she is being offshore. When the decision is made, she will be given a pre-grant..

21 hours ago, S0189 said:

hi everyone

Much appreciated

Yes, you can apply for your 887 visa first and apply through the form 1436. I can't believe that your agent doesn't have this basic knowledge. 

The form 1436 is really common sense, let us to add additional applicant after lodging the visa application. It is not applicable for all the subclass visa, but fortunately for 887 yes, you can. 

I recommend you to change the agent or just apply by yourself. Good luck 

On 11/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, vannakuma said:

When parents are both temporary residents – holding, for example, a Temporary Skilled work visa, or Student Visa – or a

certain Provisional visa, such as a Subclass 489 Designated Area Provisional – the baby is deemed by operation of law to

hold the same visa as the parent at the time of birth. While you don’t need to actually make application for the baby’s

visa, you MUST notify the Department of Immigration as soon as the baby’s documents are available – birth certiScate

and overseas passport – so that the visa can be attached to the child’s passport.

Thank you so much for your response...

I have applied 887 and baby is born after few days of applying 887.. I have applied for baby's birth cert. Once it arrives, i will apply for baby's 489 visa