887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi all,

I have applied for 887 visa on May 8th 2020 and CA requested IELTS from me and my wife as well as form 1221 and resume only from my wife on Sep 25th. Is everyone here have had the same experience? What will happen next?

Why do they want form 1221 and resume from my wife while she is not main applicant?

On 11/18/2020 at 1:49 PM, Mahdi said:

Hi all,

I have applied for 887 visa on May 8th 2020 and CA requested IELTS from me and my wife as well as form 1221 and resume only from my wife on Sep 25th. Is everyone here have had the same experience? What will happen next?

Why do they want form 1221 and resume from my wife while she is not main applicant?

Case Officer needs to satisfy themself with additional info as requested. Provide all they request and wait patiently for a grant.  Good luck. 

15 hours ago, Khushi said:

Is anyone getting grant these days??

I think they have paused the grants. I have been waiting from August after providing additional documents. The processing time on the IMMI account was 10-15 month till Nov 18th and now it has changed to 12-17 months. waiting patiently as we have nothing to do to expedite it.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:38 PM, vannakuma said:

Case Officer needs to satisfy themself with additional info as requested. Provide all they request and wait patiently for a grant.  Good luck. 

Thank you for reply. But I would like to know what will happen after requesting IELTS? Does it mean that the other documents have been accepted and CA have already been satisfied with them?

9 hours ago, Mahdi said:

Thank you for reply. But I would like to know what will happen after requesting IELTS? Does it mean that the other documents have been accepted and CA have already been satisfied with them?

All other docs have been accepted subject to review. Mostly likely they are ok with them, unless adverse information is found from other sources. 

On 11/12/2020 at 1:24 PM, Nad Nad said:

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking for an advise please. Long story cut short, my family of 5 moved to Darwin in April 2017. We were family sponsored (489 VISA - expires 5 Jan 2021) by NT Government under my husband's skill hence, he was the main applicant and 4 of us were his dependent. My children were 19, 22 and 23 years old during the visa was granted and 2 of them has just completed their tertiary eduction back home.

Unfortunately my husband passed away 11 months later. I updated my agent about my circumstances and therefore, I became the main applicant and all my children remain as my dependents. In April 2019, I tried to apply for 887 VISA for my family, however, I was advised by the agent that my two older children are not eligible to be tagged under my application as they have reached the maximum age limit for dependent visa and are consider working adults. As per advised by my agent again, I continued with my visa application with my youngest daughter as my dependent.

While one of my daughter tried to apply for her 887 VISA using my ex agent in April 2020, my eldest daughter is still working towards her 52 weeks, I received my 887 VSIA in June, 2020 without any problem. Months gone by, email correspondences from my ex agent slowed down and sometimes, he did not even reply to our email. 

Recently, my eldest daughter sent him an email. It took him close to one week to reply and said that because of his 'personal problems' he is not able to catch up with his work. We got desperate and decided to try and apply on our own. Upon creating the immi account and trying to apply online, there is one blank asking for VISA number. We entered the VISA grant number a few time but the system did not regconize it and prompted that the format was wrong. My daughter then sent an enquiry to the immigration as to why she can't entered the VISA grant number and was informed that, she is under DEPENDENT and not eligible to apply for 887 VISA.

As we could not settle this problem ourselves, I have engage another agent who initially advise my children to apply for student visa. But I told him to appeal from the immigration on our behalf as like I mentioned earlier, my children have completed their 52 weeks full time job (still working now) and have been living in Darwin for 2 years. 

Can someone advise me why my children cannot apply 887 visa under their own name eventhough they are already working adult? I am not sure if my ex agent had done something wrong during our 489VISA application. 

Appreciate your advise....no harsh comments pls...thanks.

Am not sure whether you did get help. While applying for 887, the visa number is left blank. Do not fill anything. Sad that this minor detail caused you alot of distress and delay.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:54 PM, Nad Nad said:

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking for an advise please. Long story cut short, my family of 5 moved to Darwin in April 2017. We were family sponsored (489 VISA - expires 5 Jan 2021) by NT Government under my husband's skill hence, he was the main applicant and 4 of us were his dependent. My children were 19, 22 and 23 years old during the visa was granted and 2 of them has just completed their tertiary eduction back home.

Unfortunately my husband passed away 11 months later. I updated my agent about my circumstances and therefore, I became the main applicant and all my children remain as my dependents. In April 2019, I tried to apply for 887 VISA for my family, however, I was advised by the agent that my two older children are not eligible to be tagged under my application as they have reached the maximum age limit for dependent visa and are consider working adults. As per advised by my agent again, I continued with my visa application with my youngest daughter as my dependent.

While one of my daughter tried to apply for her 887 VISA using my ex agent in April 2020, my eldest daughter is still working towards her 52 weeks, I received my 887 VSIA in June, 2020 without any problem. Months gone by, email correspondences from my ex agent slowed down and sometimes, he did not even reply to our email. 

Recently, my eldest daughter sent him an email. It took him close to one week to reply and said that because of his 'personal problems' he is not able to catch up with his work. We got desperate and decided to try and apply on our own. Upon creating the immi account and trying to apply online, there is one blank asking for VISA number. We entered the VISA grant number a few time but the system did not regconize it and prompted that the format was wrong. My daughter then sent an enquiry to the immigration as to why she can't entered the VISA grant number and was informed that, she is under DEPENDENT and not eligible to apply for 887 VISA.

As we could not settle this problem ourselves, I have engage another agent who initially advise my children to apply for student visa. But I told him to appeal from the immigration on our behalf as like I mentioned earlier, my children have completed their 52 weeks full time job (still working now) and have been living in Darwin for 2 years. 

Can someone advise me why my children cannot apply 887 visa under their own name eventhough they are already working adult? I am not sure if my ex agent had done something wrong during our 489VISA application. 

Appreciate your advise....no harsh comments pls...thanks.

I understand your stress ,when you appy 887 try to leave it blank visa number and go ahead with your application  .

am also worried about my 18 year old son ,

Could I please know your young child whoes age is 19,   got 887 visa with you? If yes how old he/she (your youngest child)is when you approve your 887 visa?

Thanks 

Hey guys I'm it's been a while since I posted but I was hoping someone could provide me with some answers. Me and my partner recently got our pr (24/7). he owns his own business and has been highly affected by covid as I'm sure a lot of you. My question now is if he's now eligible for jobkeeper or seeker or any type of support for the periods he has to shut the business. Not sure if anyone here knows but I thought I'd ask anyway since it's so hard to find anything, seems like there are amendments being made for quicker access to a pr but then once you have it you still fall behind the net.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:30 PM, vannakuma said:

When parents are both temporary residents – holding, for example, a Temporary Skilled work visa, or Student Visa – or a

certain Provisional visa, such as a Subclass 489 Designated Area Provisional – the baby is deemed by operation of law to

hold the same visa as the parent at the time of birth. While you don’t need to actually make application for the baby’s

visa, you MUST notify the Department of Immigration as soon as the baby’s documents are available – birth certiScate

and overseas passport – so that the visa can be attached to the child’s passport.

Thank you so much...

FIRSTLY

I have emailed baby's birth certificate and form 1022 to skilled.support@homeaffair.gov.au and in email i mentioned current visa i am holding (ie.489 visa) and told them i have lodged 887 visa..

THEN

Went to my 887 application through immi and notified change in circumstance  form 1022 through immi account and updated form 80.. 

Please let me know if this is this the right way?

Now my concern is, Its been a week i haven't received reply of email.. As per info from this forum, i should get baby 489 very quickly first..(maybe within week). 

Thank you i hope i will get reply from experts.

TIA

16 minutes ago, pr.journey20 said:

Thank you so much...

FIRSTLY

I have emailed baby's birth certificate and form 1022 to skilled.support@homeaffair.gov.au and in email i mentioned current visa i am holding (ie.489 visa) and told them i have lodged 887 visa..

THEN

Went to my 887 application through immi and notified change in circumstance  form 1022 through immi account and updated form 80.. 

Please let me know if this is this the right way?

Now my concern is, Its been a week i haven't received reply of email.. As per info from this forum, i should get baby 489 very quickly first..(maybe within week). 

Thank you i hope i will get reply from experts.

TIA

On top of what you've done, you may update form 1229 as well. 

Getting a response from a Case Officer is at the discretion of the assessing officer. The timing of when your case file will be picked up and reviewed again depends on the priority of the Department at the time. Basically cant say for sure when your baby will be granted 489. What is a sure thing is they will assess it sooner or later.

Be patient and you'll get there soon. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, vannakuma said:

On top of what you've done, you may update form 1229 as well. 

Getting a response from a Case Officer is at the discretion of the assessing officer. The timing of when your case file will be picked up and reviewed again depends on the priority of the Department at the time. Basically cant say for sure when your baby will be granted 489. What is a sure thing is they will assess it sooner or later.

Be patient and you'll get there soon. Good luck.

Ok i will upload that.. so i have done my part now baby is legal even though she doesn't have 489 visa or bridging visa associated with 887 visa.. Isn't it? 

Thank you sir for your time in replying me..

3 hours ago, pr.journey20 said:

Ok i will upload that.. so i have done my part now baby is legal even though she doesn't have 489 visa or bridging visa associated with 887 visa.. Isn't it? 

Thank you sir for your time in replying me..

You've done your part. If the Case Officer need additional evidence or require you to provide anything else, they will issue issue a letter with a checklist of items to provide. 

15 hours ago, vannakuma said:

You've done your part. If the Case Officer need additional evidence or require you to provide anything else, they will issue issue a letter with a checklist of items to provide. 

Thank you so much again sir, 

I haven't got chance to update form 1229 i was about to do that today but

The good news is, this morning they have issued my baby 489 visa , granted BVA for 887 application, added baby to my 887 application and asked additional doucument; 

# signed e-medical consent form

# Report or letter from GP/Obstetrician/ Paediatrician.

I opened immi and my application status shows Received. 

Now final question is does this mean all other document is okey? 

PS: I have applied 887 on 8 Nov 2020Screenshot_20201127-132559_Gmail.thumb.jpg.3bc0c3840c34d5e8c10f9e0aa1adb889.jpgScreenshot_20201127-132559_Gmail.thumb.jpg.3bc0c3840c34d5e8c10f9e0aa1adb889.jpg

8 hours ago, pr.journey20 said:

Thank you so much again sir, 

I haven't got chance to update form 1229 i was about to do that today but

The good news is, this morning they have issued my baby 489 visa , granted BVA for 887 application, added baby to my 887 application and asked additional doucument; 

# signed e-medical consent form

# Report or letter from GP/Obstetrician/ Paediatrician.

I opened immi and my application status shows Received. 

Now final question is does this mean all other document is okey? 

PS: I have applied 887 on 8 Nov 2020Screenshot_20201127-132559_Gmail.thumb.jpg.3bc0c3840c34d5e8c10f9e0aa1adb889.jpgScreenshot_20201127-132559_Gmail.thumb.jpg.3bc0c3840c34d5e8c10f9e0aa1adb889.jpg

Look good for now. You continue with the passport registration for the baby and update the passport detail through your immi acc when it is available. 

Edited by vannakuma

52 minutes ago, vannakuma said:

Look good for now. You continue with the passport registration for the baby and update the passport detail through your immi acc when it is available. 

If someone can please provide me with sample of GP letter for  child medical puropse, that would be really helpful.. 

I called my GP and they said they have no idea..If i can see sample, i can instruct them to write it accordingly..

Thanx alot

On 11/25/2020 at 12:23 AM, Rae said:

Hey guys I'm it's been a while since I posted but I was hoping someone could provide me with some answers. Me and my partner recently got our pr (24/7). he owns his own business and has been highly affected by covid as I'm sure a lot of you. My question now is if he's now eligible for jobkeeper or seeker or any type of support for the periods he has to shut the business. Not sure if anyone here knows but I thought I'd ask anyway since it's so hard to find anything, seems like there are amendments being made for quicker access to a pr but then once you have it you still fall behind the net.

I suggest giving Centrelink a call. They will look into your situation and tell you if you are eligible or not and if eligible then how much they will give you. They are providing financial support to new PR holders but best option will be to give them a quick call. All the best. 

Hi,

i have confused with two different advices given by two migration agents

In order to apply for 887 visa, do i have to wait two years from the date 489 visa granted ? or

or shall i include my bridging visa A timeframe as long as i complete the residential and work requirements ? 

2 hours ago, soori said:

Hi,

i have confused with two different advices given by two migration agents

In order to apply for 887 visa, do i have to wait two years from the date 489 visa granted ? or

or shall i include my bridging visa A timeframe as long as i complete the residential and work requirements ? 

If you are onshore since the day you had your 489 granted - then it is 2 years from that date (assuming that you have not left Australia for a significant portion of your stay during the 2 years). 

On 11/25/2020 at 12:53 AM, Rae said:

as far as i know they made temporary change allowing recent pr also to access jobseeker and parenting payments until March 2021 ,  , i got pr in june this year and applied for jobseeker  after losing my job and have been receiving it for past couple of months , you have to create a CRN ( customer reference number ) by calling centrelink or using mygov , then in my gov go to centrelink and apply for job seeker , They will asses ,if you are eligible they will approve and payments will start two weeks later , you have to agree to a job plan (applying for 8 jobs a month ) and will have to attend any interviews with job provider agencies , after march 2021 payments should stop as we haven't completed waiting periods