887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Thank you very much SASA 

Could you please tell me for functional English for my 18 year old son as he is studying in Australia from year 6 , I have a letter from school from his starting date till finish date but in letter they didn't mentioned Medium of study is English 

Should be allright? Or I need another letter which show he is studying in English medium 

Thank you 

6 hours ago, Sonal said:

Thank you very much SASA 

Could you please tell me for functional English for my 18 year old son as he is studying in Australia from year 6 , I have a letter from school from his starting date till finish date but in letter they didn't mentioned Medium of study is English 

Should be allright? Or I need another letter which show he is studying in English medium 

Thank you 

it is ok

Hello Everyone,  I have a Questions in regards to the new visa Updates made yesterday with 489, covid- concessions,  My partner is stuck outside of Australia, I am eligible for 887, can I add her now in to the visa applications while she is outside Australia, seems lime with the new visa concession a person can apply for 887 Outside Australia. Please help, Thanks in advance. 🙂

Hi all.

image.png.ee83c1c3081a54738f293f01b6c8ce2c.png

Something I had requested before I got my grant. Just received an email.

5230 Application Including Secondary application.

if we take an Average of 2.5 per application they still have about 2092 Application on hand or 3 per application 1743 applications

On of the reasons I asked for this information was that some of our friends requested information like this before and shared it with us.

When I was looking at that information it did not look right so I asked for total application on hand. 

I do not think this information provided looks accurate or there is something they are not telling about. (This is my personal view)

Seniors if still active can put in their view to help.

4 hours ago, TAS887 said:

Hi all.

image.png.ee83c1c3081a54738f293f01b6c8ce2c.png

Something I had requested before I got my grant. Just received an email.

5230 Application Including Secondary application.

if we take an Average of 2.5 per application they still have about 2092 Application on hand or 3 per application 1743 applications

On of the reasons I asked for this information was that some of our friends requested information like this before and shared it with us.

When I was looking at that information it did not look right so I asked for total application on hand. 

I do not think this information provided looks accurate or there is something they are not telling about. (This is my personal view)

Seniors if still active can put in their view to help.

Any grant today????

3 hours ago, X76804 said:

🆗

applied on 29th July 2020

Hello, 

I applied for 887 visa earlier this year but somehow I forgot to renew my passport it's already been 2 months since my old passport expired, I am on bridging visa A, does it affect my visa application if I don't renew my passport on time, if anyone has experience this issue please advice.

Thanks in advance.

hi am new to this forum ,

can somebody please enlighten me on below details.

// my wife is the primary applicant for 489 visa and i got a subsequent entrant visa,

i came to Australia first on 10th September 2018, after i settled in regional area my wife came and join me on December 10th .

i found a full time job at December 2018 till April 2019. and i got a casual job in my profession on April which is lead into full time started july 2019 and lasted until august 2020.

i know i have more than enough full time  payslips to fulfill the 1 year work requirements.

on the other hand my wife started full time job in her profession from feb 2019 till going on. she is also have fulfilled the working requirement.//

My question is we both visit to our home country during the entire month of December (left on 29th November and came back on 1st of January) 

and i took the leave period as no pay since i accumulate only few days which not going to cover the entire month & my wife she took all available leaves on that period and the remaining as no-pay(to be exact less than 10 days) .

my question is can i apply now as primary applicant ? or do i have to wait until next 11th of October to cover that one month. or do we need to wait until my wife complete her 2 years resident requirement in December 10th or  she also need another month to cover her 1 month leave. 

your help much appreciated

Thanks

8 hours ago, shaan09 said:

// my wife is the primary applicant for 489 visa and i got a subsequent entrant visa,

i came to Australia first on 10th September 2018, after i settled in regional area my wife came and join me on December 10th .

i found a full time job at December 2018 till April 2019. and i got a casual job in my profession on April which is lead into full time started july 2019 and lasted until august 2020.

i know i have more than enough full time  payslips to fulfill the 1 year work requirements.

on the other hand my wife started full time job in her profession from feb 2019 till going on. she is also have fulfilled the working requirement.//

My question is we both visit to our home country during the entire month of December (left on 29th November and came back on 1st of January) 

and i took the leave period as no pay since i accumulate only few days which not going to cover the entire month & my wife she took all available leaves on that period and the remaining as no-pay(to be exact less than 10 days) .

my question is can i apply now as primary applicant ? or do i have to wait until next 11th of October to cover that one month. or do we need to wait until my wife complete her 2 years resident requirement in December 10th or  she also need another month to cover her 1 month leave. 

Thanks

Hi, 

from the knowledge I have I can suggest you the following; however, you may want to confirm this with someone.

As you wife was the primary applicant for 489 Visa and she came to Australia on 10 Dec 2018 so you 2 years complete on 10 Dec 2020 but,

as you were out of country for more than 28 Days you need to cover all those days; However; if you look at your travel date.

29th November 2019 to 10 December 2019 is 11 Days so you have less than 28 days for 1st year

10 DEC 2019 to 1 Jan 2020 for 2nd year is 20 days so you also have less than 28 days. So you may not need to cover those days.

You may want to confirm with an agent or you could write a letter of explanation  stating what I just said up about breakdown of your holidays and upload it in other Docs.

good luck m8

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nishant verma said:

Hello, 

I applied for 887 visa earlier this year but somehow I forgot to renew my passport it's already been 2 months since my old passport expired, I am on bridging visa A, does it affect my visa application if I don't renew my passport on time, if anyone has experience this issue please advice.

Thanks in advance.

please renew your passport as soon as possible and update it with the immigration, should not be a problem. I assume they will contact you while taking a decision on your application to get back with current valid passport. Please seek suggestions from others as well

19 hours ago, shaan09 said:

Thanks

As per my knowledge, one of you who has satisfied the conditions can start applying for 887 irrespective of primary/secondary applicant and with respect to the days overseas, you will be given 4 weeks of exemption in an year which is not considered. If you are worried about it, to be on a safer side, please wait for an other month and apply for it. Meanwhile you can keep everything ready and apply the next day you satisfy the requirement

On 9/22/2020 at 6:37 PM, X76804 said:

🆗

applied on 29th July 2020

Hi there, 

Just need some advice if you have ever experienced that, when I do vevo check under the travel condition it says no travel allowed because I am on bridging visa A but underneath that it says "must not arrive after" but there is no date after "must not arrive after"showing, I have never seen it before.

Anyone who knows about it please reply

Thanks in advance.