887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 2/27/2021 at 11:35 PM, Sonup said:

Thanks for reply. But,

As per DHA rules, secondary applicant’s functional English result should not be older than 12 months. Primary applicants result is valid for 3 years. 

Do they ask functional English? 

thanks. 

hi there,

I am curious to know if you had to retake the PTE exams to submit your 887, or used the one submited during 489 visa application

by the way, the PTE result only last two years not three, i checked mine.

appreciate your input or anyone assistance here.🙃

10 hours ago, 887mm said:

Hi all, just out of curiosity, I applied for 887 in January this year, but because of this long processing time I was wondering if I could withdraw 489 and apply for 190? Is this possible? 

Thanks in advance. 

Have you got a 190 nomination from a state already ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have applied for 887 visa in Nov 2020 and the CO is still not assigned.

I am planning to visit overseas and my 489 visa is expiring in Jan-2022. I will not be able to travel back due to travel restrictions on my 489.

My question is that can 887 be granted offshore if I have applied onshore.  My plan is to travel to my home country and then wait for 887 grant and come back once i have my 887 visa.

Note(I am not hoping that my 887 will be granted till Jan-2022 at least because it's been 10 months I have applied but CO is still not assigned )

I appreciate the responses.

17 hours ago, Nouman said:

Hi all,

I am planning to visit overseas and my 489 visa is expiring in Jan-2022. I will not be able to travel back due to travel restrictions on my 489.

My question is that can 887 be granted offshore if I have applied onshore.  My plan is to travel to my home country and then wait for 887 grant and come back once i have my 887 visa.

Note(I am not hoping that my 887 will be granted till Jan-2022 at least because it's been 10 months I have applied but CO is still not assigned )

Is there any reason that out weight you staying here until the grant? i think they changed the policy to allow 887 to be granted offshore but in my opinion to travel offshore at a time like this is a huge risk   , if you don't have an urgent need to travel then it's better wait until the grant atleast

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, Nouman said:

Hi all,

DHA will issue you 887 only when you are onshore. Let's say if you are off shore then they will wait till you come back and then will grant you 887. I will not recommend you going offshore before you get the grant. 

Hi guys,

I submitted 887 visa application in Aug 2019. I and my son have been always onshore so far. My wife and daughter are offshore now. Their BVB visa has expired due to not being able to come back to Oz during covid-19 travel restriction. The last update from DHA in regards to s56 Request for More Information was on Oct 2020. I have not heard anything from them since then other than received the 3rd interim Medicare card. I have been desperate for the approval of the visa or even refusal since we suffer a lot from family separation. Would DHA consider my case as low priority since part of the members are offshore, which may lead to travel risk? Is there any way I can talk to DHA about this and get an update? I am really really frustrated and struggling. Appreciated it if anybody can advise me how I can handle this situation. TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Team,

I have quick query about 887 Application. I will be submitting 887 application in couple of weeks.

My query is regarding sharing Residence proof of 2 years for same.

I have Lease  Agreement and Receipts for first Year Jan 2020 - Dec 2020  ( Place X) and also will be having Lease Agreement and Receipt for Second Year from Jan 2021 - Dec 2021 ( Place Y)  for my Regional Stay Proof in Adelaide.

As I will be Primary Applicant for 887 with one Dependent.  But Since I had one casual Job in other area just outside Adelaide ( Place Z) . I had Rented place from Aug 2020 - Oct 2020  ( Place Z) so I don't have to travel to my primary address everyday. Also this temporary accommodation i had taken on my Spouse name who will be just Dependent in my 887  visa application.

So in This situation , Do I need to show that Temporary accommodation Proof in 887 Application  which i use for Casual / Need basis only. ( considering I have all Proof of Place X)

Thanks

cheers,

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:21 PM, ozsaflying said:

Hi guys,

I submitted 887 visa application in Aug 2019. I and my son have been always onshore so far. My wife and daughter are offshore now. Their BVB visa has expired due to not being able to come back to Oz during covid-19 travel restriction. The last update from DHA in regards to s56 Request for More Information was on Oct 2020. I have not heard anything from them since then other than received the 3rd interim Medicare card. I have been desperate for the approval of the visa or even refusal since we suffer a lot from family separation. Would DHA consider my case as low priority since part of the members are offshore, which may lead to travel risk? Is there any way I can talk to DHA about this and get an update? I am really really frustrated and struggling. Appreciated it if anybody can advise me how I can handle this situation. TIA

Did you get the grant or still waiting ?

• 1 month later...

4E8CE678-A565-4212-A68C-B827E0E73AB5.thumb.jpeg.318726620a365068a9971298de526ca6.jpegHello guys!

I have have received s56 letter today for more information, they asked AFP check.  Upon checking my immi account i noticed they yellow flagged under my name with initial assessment. Does anyone know what does this mean?

Appreciate your help! 

Edited by Haris

On 10/18/2021 at 5:56 AM, etsiworm said:

Hi Guys, does anyone have a chance to have a template for stat dec re: rent or accommodation? 

My friends is lodging her 887 and she”s looking for one.

TIA.

To download Stat. dec. form https://www.ag.gov.au/legal-system/publications/commonwealth-statutory-declaration-form
Filled Template:
 7B39F6A5-E69D-4734-A079-1BA731F47ACF.png

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone ,

I had submitted my visa 887 in 01Apr2021 . While I attached documents to Myimmi account , I could not find any areas for attached IELTS certificate.

887 does not requires Functional English per Gov website 's information but some people in this forum said CO required it. I confuse.

When I get 489 visa , they required minimum IELTS 6.5 for skilled assessment but now only Functional English for 887 visa? kind of downgrade in English.

Kind regards

On 11/28/2021 at 8:13 AM, LAME said:

Hi everyone ,

I had submitted my visa 887 in 01Apr2021 . While I attached documents to Myimmi account , I could not find any areas for attached IELTS certificate.

887 does not requires Functional English per Gov website 's information but some people in this forum said CO required it. I confuse.

When I get 489 visa , they required minimum IELTS 6.5 for skilled assessment but now only Functional English for 887 visa? kind of downgrade in English.

Kind regards

Functional English is required as per immi website:
Page: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#Eligibility

Search text: Have this level of English language
Functional English is the minimum requirement.

Here are the ways to prove it:
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

10 hours ago, sam_may_2020 said:

Functional English is required as per immi website:
Page: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#Eligibility

Search text: Have this level of English language
Functional English is the minimum requirement.

Here are the ways to prove it:
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english

Hi everyone,

That is also one of my question if we really need to submit IELTS for 887 visa, and if yes, for my case I am studying my masters degree here in Australia, can I use that as a proof for functional english instead of IELTS, just want to clarify what has said in the immi website?

Thanks in advance for any help

Kind Regards

On 12/1/2021 at 9:49 PM, Lou said:

Hi everyone,

That is also one of my question if we really need to submit IELTS for 887 visa, and if yes, for my case I am studying my masters degree here in Australia, can I use that as a proof for functional english instead of IELTS, just want to clarify what has said in the immi website?

Thanks in advance for any help

Kind Regards

There are many ways to prove it without giving IELTS or other exam.

If you have finished the study in Australia, upload certificates along with mark sheets. (I think you need to finish the study to prove it. not sure about it.)

Since you are pursuing the master degree I assume you already have a Bachelor degree.

If the medium of the instruction for that course was in English then get the Language certificate from that university. and upload it along with degree certificate and mark sheets. (I did this.)

👍

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 6.52.14 am.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone. I am 489 visa holder. Last night i filled my 887 online application. There is a field which says that " do you have Australian visa lable on your current passport or previous passport.entervisa number"

As i got 489 visa online and On my passport no visa grant number labelled.

My question is do i need to fill this field or leave blank?

Secondlyif i put my visa grant number it gives error that " visa number is not in correct format".

Anyone gone through this recently. Plz help.?