887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 5/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, Harji said:

Hi 

I just want to know about citizenship application. Is there any other document can we use instead of birth certificate, thnx 

You can use same document that you have used to apply your TR or PR; it can be SSCertificate.

Hi everyone

I am a 489 visa holder and I am going to apply for 887 in coming Sep. I am driving a taxi, I have not paid superannuation for myself. Is it necessary to be paid the superannuation for 887 application?

Thank you in advance

On 5/26/2021 at 5:12 PM, Farzad said:

Hi everyone

I am a 489 visa holder and I am going to apply for 887 in coming Sep. I am driving a taxi, I have not paid superannuation for myself. Is it necessary to be paid the superannuation for 887 application?

Thank you in advance

Not required.

Hi all,

My question relates to the residency requirements when going from a 489 visa to an 887 visa.

I received the bridging visa for my 489 on 18/06/19 and my full 489 visa on 06/01/20.
My bridging visa never became active as I received my full 489 visa before my 485 expired.

In this case, will I be eligible for the 887 anytime after 18/06/21 or do I have to wait till 06/01/22 to apply for my 887?
I have read elsewhere that the 2 year residency timeline starts from when the bridging visa is granted, but what if my bridging visa was granted but never became active?

I have already met the 1 year working requirement (have been working FT since 06/01/2020) and have been residing in a regional area since before my bridging visa was granted.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 10:36 AM, hashim2 said:

Hi all,

My question relates to the residency requirements when going from a 489 visa to an 887 visa.

I received the bridging visa for my 489 on 18/06/19 and my full 489 visa on 06/01/20.
My bridging visa never became active as I received my full 489 visa before my 485 expired.

In this case, will I be eligible for the 887 anytime after 18/06/21 or do I have to wait till 06/01/22 to apply for my 887?
I have read elsewhere that the 2 year residency timeline starts from when the bridging visa is granted, but what if my bridging visa was granted but never became active?

I have already met the 1 year working requirement (have been working FT since 06/01/2020) and have been residing in a regional area since before my bridging visa was granted.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards

Hi,

2 years from the date you got your ur 489 Visa. Regardless your Bridging is active or not.

So you will be eligible 06/01/222.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone I submitted my application on 14 June we have a child 8 months old already got visa 489 but system says do not need any medical requirement just want to know why system doesn’t create his hap id ????

Edited by Bev

On 7/1/2021 at 12:36 PM, Bev said:

Hello everyone I submitted my application on 14 June we have a child 8 months old already got visa 489 but system says do not need any medical requirement just want to know why system doesn’t create his hap id ????

Is your child added to 887 application or not?

hello experts, please help me

I applied 887 before my daughter was born. 8 months ago, case officer issued letter to me and asked letter from gp about overall growth and development of my newborn daughter. The letter has hap id in it too and says" as child is less than 6 month old, on the paper health assessment can be done through gp. My concern is, now she is 8 months, do i have to do medical through bupa as well or that letter from gp which i supplied before will do once they open file? Please suggest

2 hours ago, Chinni said:

Hello everyone, Iam ready to launch 887 visa, do I need to get medicare levy exemption before claiming tax returns..

Pls reply me.Thanks

If you already applied for 887 you are entitled to get the blue medicare card , so you have to take your 887 application acknowledgement receipt document and other id and medicare enrolment documents to a centrelink office and get yourself enrolled in medicare , you can only claim medicare levy exemption up until this date as after you enrol to get the medicare card you are not eligible for the exemption from that date ,  you have to fill the form in services australia and email them asking them for the medicare levy exemption letter covering the dates you were not entitled to medicare during the last financial year , if you have a partner they have to get this letter too , if you don't the data matching team from ato will call / send a letter to you asking to pay back the exemption amount , they called me last month as I did not get the letter for my spouse when i claimed the exemption in last years tax return. 

Edited by trx

On 7/1/2021 at 12:36 PM, Bev said:

Did he have to do a medical when you applied for his 489?

5 hours ago, trx said:

If you already applied for 887 you are entitled to get the blue medicare card , so you have to take your 887 application acknowledgement receipt document and other id and medicare enrolment documents to a centrelink office and get yourself enrolled in medicare , you can only claim medicare levy exemption up until this date as after you enrol to get the medicare card you are not eligible for the exemption from that date ,  you have to fill the form in services australia and email them asking them for the medicare levy exemption letter covering the dates you were not entitled to medicare during the last financial year , if you have a partner they have to get this letter too , if you don't the data matching team from ato will call / send a letter to you asking to pay back the exemption amount , they called me last month as I did not get the letter for my spouse when i claimed the exemption in last years tax return. 

Thank you trx for the information.but is that mandatory to get Medicare levy exemption letter? Can I do my tax returns with out this letter..because to get this letter I need to wait for 2 more months to launch my 887 visa..

Pls reply me..

On 7/4/2021 at 11:58 PM, Chinni said:

Thank you trx for the information.but is that mandatory to get Medicare levy exemption letter? Can I do my tax returns with out this letter..because to get this letter I need to wait for 2 more months to launch my 887 visa..

Pls reply me..

You dont have to wait until you lodge 887 to get this letter for the 2020 - 2021 financial year , the letter you need to provide for last financial year only needs to cover dates from 1st of July 2020 to 31st of June 2021 , and your medicare levy exemption letter should say that you were not entitled to medicare during that financial year , dates from 1st of July 2021 to the date you apply for 887 and enrol in medicare falls within the current 21- 22 FY and you have to get the letter covering from 1st of July 2021 to which ever the date you enrol in medicare before you lodge your next tax return , they say you must have the letter so it's recommended you follow their instructions , i think it's best if you do it through a tax agent if its confusing as if something goes wrong or data matching team contact you you just have to ask your tax agent to sort it out , worth the $80 - 120 they charge you to be honest

20 hours ago, Zack Adel said:

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for 887 visa but haven't received bridging visa. How much time it takes to come bridging visa ? Is it straight away when 887 applied to come after few time ? What i need to do if don't get it.

It is just matter of clicking the "Submit" button. you sure you submitted the application and paid the Application fee?