887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

It was for me primary applicant

You are indeed very lucky to had taken a new test. This does not make sense though, as there is no English requirements for 887 primary applicants. I believe by the time most 887 applicants received their grants, their English test results already expired. It would be interesting to see how many primary applicants were asked to retake English tests. Thanks for sharing your information:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHA keep saying to speed up the processing time, we need to have all the required documents ready to be assessed. But if they don’t tell us whether we need new English test results or not, how could we be ready?

I know it’s not mandatory to provide functional English for primary and I don’t think primary need to retake IELTS or PTE but if you have studied a bachelor or Master degree in Australia it might be worth to attach the graduation certificate and transcripts, they are proof of functional English as well. You don’t want to give CO any excuse for additional doc. I waited 7 months after I provided my new doc to get grant and it’s painful.

I know it’s not mandatory to provide functional English for primary and I don’t think primary need to retake IELTS or PTE but if you have studied a bachelor or Master degree in Australia it might be worth to attach the graduation certificate and transcripts, they are proof of functional English as well. You don’t want to give CO any excuse for additional doc. I waited 7 months after I provided my new doc to get grant and it’s painful.

Didn’t they already have access to the 489 application files? If they can see the English test results expired from the 489 visa application, mean they can also see my degree certificate from the same 489 application. The only explanation is, some COs are just stupid

• Like 2

Didn’t they already have access to the 489 application files? If they can see the English test results expired from the 489 visa application, mean they can also see my degree certificate from the same 489 application. The only explanation is, some COs are just stupid

Some are lazy and lack of training and do not want to go through the old applications to verify...
  • Like 2

If we guys are going to entertain stupid queries like English Test for primary Applicants then get ready for longer processing timings .......as it will become a practice....

I get your point and do not recommend people to retake English test as it’s a waste of money and also extremely difficult to book a test in current climate. I am just saying if you have already completed university degrees then it’s no harm in attaching them because it doesn’t cost anything..
  • Like 2

I get your point and do not recommend people to retake English test as it’s a waste of money and also extremely difficult to book a test in current climate. I am just saying if you have already completed university degrees then it’s no harm in attaching them because it doesn’t cost anything..

Is functional English what they are asking for? If so, yeah university degrees will be sufficient

1 hour ago, Rima said:

Grant!

applied 23rd July 2018

PR grant today

they asked me my English test score last Wednesday which I had luckily .. submitted on Thursday...

heaps thanks to this group 

cheers and good luck to those who have been waiting very long time ... I know the pain of this long waiting period

Congratulations.... enjoy the journey...

I have applied  December 2018 still waiting for my grant ....

On 5/5/2020 at 8:18 AM, Walk said:

When you applied?

We applied 24/09/2018 and i just got a call from my agent that primary applicant i.e. Me has to provide functional english... hahaha... i thinks its funny and at the same time i am so angry at the way they are handling our case.

Still no mention if our son require medical or not

5 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

We applied 24/09/2018 and i just got a call from my agent that primary applicant i.e. Me has to provide functional english... hahaha... i thinks its funny and at the same time i am so angry at the way they are handling our case.

Co are either not trained well enough or they are intentionally delaying our files

9 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

The 887 checklist states as below.. Looks like recipe for more delays and agony. With every query the applicant goes back  in queue by 28 days.. 

Just call them and refer to the DHA website. 

Proof of functional English

Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English.

1 minute ago, TTTF said:

The 887 checklist states as below.. Looks like recipe for more delays and agony. With every query the applicant goes back  in queue by 28 days.. 

Just call them and refer to the DHA website. 

Proof of functional English

Provide proof that all dependent applicants aged 18 years and older, who did not pay the second instalment of the visa application charge at provisional stage, have at least functional English.

Me and my husband both provided our IELTS when we applied for 489. I don't understand why they are doing this. 

I have asked my agent to send them the same IELTS and my education Transcripts which are in English and ask them why am i required to provide this.

2 hours ago, Kevinnnn said:

You are indeed very lucky to had taken a new test. This does not make sense though, as there is no English requirements for 887 primary applicants. I believe by the time most 887 applicants received their grants, their English test results already expired. It would be interesting to see how many primary applicants were asked to retake English tests. Thanks for sharing your information:)

Add me to the list. Primary applicant for both 489 and 887 but still asked to provide functional english

Hi everyone,

I am a silent follower in here, thank you very much for giving me consolation during the long waiting period. I got a letter from CO. They ask my son(17 years old)’s evidence of English level, my son is in year 12. What evidence should I provide to them? Many thanks all.

• Sad 1