887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi mate,

No, not at all. I counted only 6-7 months cumulatively being in Russia within the last 10 years. If that! ? This is why I didn't see it coming and was not prepared. I initially only supplied PCC for UK and AFP for Australia, assuming it would be enough. ? 

And no, CO never responded and in all honesty I didn't expect them to! ?  

Hi Russki 

U have an idea about this 

Family members can be included in your application if they currently hold a skilled visa or are on a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B having applied for a skilled visa.

Family members must be included in your application when it is lodged; they cannot be added after lodgement.

5 hours ago, slvicky said:

@Russkihey,

Yesterday I sent an email to CO explaining I didn't stay in uae for more than 9 months cumulatively in a humble way to avoid any issues. Also I have attached entry exit stamps to prove it. 

At the end I also mentioned I have recently applied for the uae PCC but it'll take another 2-3 months minimum. Attached the receipt as well.

Do you think they will get back to me for my reply? Or they just wait until I get my PCC?

Hi slvicky, you've done well, good move! ?  I personally never had much luck with CO replying to me, but they may just reply to you! I know that the agents sometimes reason with COs, and COs can drop some of their  requests  as a result. Unfortunately, we are not agents and have less chances of being heard. COs know that DIY applicants are not as aware of their rights, so they ignore us more that migration agents. I think, to be heard you have to get right into their face and be very persistent, haha! ? 

11 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hi Russki 

U have an idea about this 

Family members can be included in your application if they currently hold a skilled visa or are on a Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B having applied for a skilled visa.

Family members must be included in your application when it is lodged; they cannot be added after lodgement.

Hi Tsep mate, is it in relation to your baby? Sorry, I didn't read previous posts about this... I don't think I can help here, I have not been in this situation before... ? Sorry!!! Maybe, ask an agent? 

10 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Tsep mate, is it in relation to your baby? Sorry, I didn't read previous posts about this... I don't think I can help here, I have not been in this situation before... ? Sorry!!! Maybe, ask an agent? 

Yes. That fine russki. 

4 hours ago, Tsep said:

OK I applied in September and my daughter born in August in Australia. Rather than getting her 489 , I have directly applied 887 and I did mentetion her name in my application and I upload her birth certificate and passport of my country India too. So my question is, she will be received 887 together with me? When first CO assign in Feb she got her 489 visa. But she not received her bringing for 887.

Any idea guys. 

Hi Tsep,  I see what you are saying now. ? A dependent child is usually on the same visa as parents, so she is on 489, same as you right now. And if you have bridging visa it should cover her too, by default. Is your 489 still valid? I think you should get a 887 grant for the whole family, including the baby. But if 489 is about to expire and still no grant, ring immigration and confirm about your baby's bridging visa, make sure she is covered. ? 

6 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Tsep,  I see what you are saying now. ? A dependent child is usually on the same visa as parents, so she is on 489, same as you right now. And if you have bridging visa it should cover her too, by default. Is your 489 still valid? I think you should get a 887 grant for the whole family, including the baby. But if 489 is about to expire and still no grant, ring immigration and confirm about your baby's bridging visa, make sure she is covered. ? 

Hi rusaki, yes my daughter 489 still valid next year Feb, so bit relax but the problem is I still not received any comments on my file except daughter 489. 

17 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi slvicky, you've done well, good move! ?  I personally never had much luck with CO replying to me, but they may just reply to you! I know that the agents sometimes reason with COs, and COs can drop some of their  requests  as a result. Unfortunately, we are not agents and have less chances of being heard. COs know that DIY applicants are not as aware of their rights, so they ignore us more that migration agents. I think, to be heard you have to get right into their face and be very persistent, haha! ? 

Yeah. My agent said, if this is their application, they will straight away ask from CO why they need a PCC. But we can do the exact same thing. Seems like I should have gone with my previous agent for 887 application. Then this might have been already resolved ?

Anyway, Now it's too late. Let's hope CO will at least get back to me on this with some response ? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Hi rusaki, yes my daughter 489 still valid next year Feb, so bit relax but the problem is I still not received any comments on my file except daughter 489. 

Oh, I see. You have been waiting quite a long while now, I am following your story, it's about time they contacted you. ? Have you done baby's medical exam? What's your timeline, can you please remind? ? Cheers!

15 minutes ago, Russki said:

Oh, I see. You have been waiting quite a long while now, I am following your story, it's about time they contacted you. ? Have you done baby's medical exam? What's your timeline, can you please remind? ? Cheers!

Applied 22/09 , first CO assign 02 Feb -grant daughter 489 and rest is pending. No medical request yet

11 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Applied 22/09 , first CO assign 02 Feb -grant daughter 489 and rest is pending. No medical request yet

Yes, you have been waiting for nearly 8 months now, oh dear. ? I know it is a stupid advice, but if you have enough patience, try to contact them, call them or/and request a call back. And nudge them a bit, just ask if it would be a good move for you to do a medical for the baby and then ask how you go about it. ? It may get your file back to surface, because they will have to give you this HAP or whatever, for the baby. ? In the eyes of immigration you will be a "pro-active" applicant! ? ?  

I know calling them is a pain in the neck, but what do you have to lose (apart from a few hours of waiting in the queue...)?

6 minutes ago, Russki said:

Yes, you have been waiting for nearly 8 months now, oh dear. ? I know it is a stupid advice, but if you have enough patience, try to contact them, call them or/and request a call back. And nudge them a bit, just ask if it would be the good move for you to do a medical for a baby and then ask how you go about it. ? It may get your file back to surface, because they will have to give you this HAP or whatever, for the baby. ? In the eyes of immigration you will be a "pro-active" applicant! ? ?  

I know calling them is a pain in the neck, but what do you have to lose (apart from a few hours of waiting in the queue...)?

Yes I am planning to make call on Monday. And inform them. When is the best time to call 8:30 am in morning is fine? 

1 minute ago, Tsep said:

Yes I am planning to make call on Monday. And inform them. When is the best time to call 8:30 am in morning is fine? 

There was a post on here when to call them best... Don't quote me, but I think it was 10am - the shortest queue. That said, better to start early! ? 

1 minute ago, Manisha said:

Hello 

Congrats to all who got their grants n all the best to those who are waiting.

I imported my 887 file, but i cannot download the doc attached to check what doc r uploaded as my agent attached them.

Can anyone help

Just go to attach documents tab then you can see which documents are attached by your agent

Yea i can see that but i cannot open the doc. I can only see the names
O dont think ot will let you to open ot. I also tried.. i think we cant open it as the application is already submitted ?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Hi all, 

Could you please give me an advice on my case. I am about to apply my 887 visa. I got my 489 visa granted from 15/03/2016 but i was move to Dubbo on 10/06/2016. However,  i email to Orana Immigration department on 20/06/2016 that i was looking for the house and they responded on 28/06/2016. The question is that should i wait until 28/6/2016 to apply or apply on 10/06/2018?