887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

20 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi HSK,

I too have ABN Number which i'm not using it. My 887 application is submitted on 22nd December 2017. Do i need to cancel my ABN before the CO touches my application? If so how do i cancel the ABN? I believe when we submit the Income Tax, the ABN is included along with that. My ABN is a proprietary-ship not a private limited. Please assist me on this. Do need to cancel my ABN or i can leave it since ABN is included when i submit my income tax even though my ABN is not used.

Thanks,

Deftown

Hi Deftown,

if you have been logding you BAS ( business activity statement ) regularly  , then you do not need to worry , if you haven't done that , it starts to show pending status for BAS . I asked my accountant , he was of the view an No dues form ATO portal would be sufficient, but i did get in touch with the ABN dept vis there helpline and canceled the ABN .

I may be just to ambiguous about it  and felt it would be better safe than sorry.

hope this information would help you decide.

regards

hsk  

15 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

Hi Deftown,

if you have been logding you BAS ( business activity statement ) regularly  , then you do not need to worry , if you haven't done that , it starts to show pending status for BAS . I asked my accountant , he was of the view an No dues form ATO portal would be sufficient, but i did get in touch with the ABN dept vis there helpline and canceled the ABN .

I may be just to ambiguous about it  and felt it would be better safe than sorry.

hope this information would help you decide.

regards

hsk  

Hi HSK,

Thanks for your information. But When i checked the ATO website, it says BAS is only for the business with GST registered. 

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Business-activity-statements-(BAS)/

Is your ABN  a Private Limited company with/without GST registered or proprietary-ship?

30 minutes ago, deftown said:

Hi HSK,

Thanks for your information. But When i checked the ATO website, it says BAS is only for the business with GST registered. 

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Business-activity-statements-(BAS)/

Is your ABN  a Private Limited company with/without GST registered or proprietary-ship?

I was of the view that to work with ABN , you need to Lodge the activity statement , hence GST registration was done as well.

As I said earlier, I felt better to be safe.

Hi All, 

I applied for 887 Visa on 26th Nov 2017, today 17th May 2018 CO DAT requested addition documents --- 

Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance National Police Check - for me & my wife

Evidence of your English language ability for my wife.. 

But I have already uploaded all three documents  when i applied & all were valid .. 

Both of us Police check received on 9th Nov 2017

She gave IELTS when she applied for 489 visa  so on AUG 2016 (which is valid for 2 year so until Aug 2018) 

why they asked same documents again ..?

Edited by SinxX

9 minutes ago, SinxX said:

Hi All, 

I applied for 887 Visa on 26th Nov 2017, today 17th May 2018 CO DAT requested addition documents --- 

Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance National Police Check - for me & my wife

But I have already uploaded all three documents  when i applied & all were valid .. 

She gave IELTS when she applied for 489 visa  so on AUG 2016 (which is valid for 2 year so until Aug 2018) 

IELTS should be within 1 year as per Homeaffair web.So it makes sense that request it again.

What is wrong with AFP. Is there any name changes. What did CO describe ? 

Untitled.png.02a8c041d7f0e2335cfa80605d1995ab.png

21 minutes ago, SinxX said:

Hi All, 

@slvicky,

Your file at red hot with CO buddy????.  See SinxX file has been opened. 

12 minutes ago, DarDec said:

IELTS should be within 1 year as per Homeaffair web.So it makes sense that request it again.

What is wrong with AFP. Is there any name changes. What did CO describe ? 

Untitled.png.02a8c041d7f0e2335cfa80605d1995ab.png

dont know Both PCC are valid and says Complete disclosure and all .. 

my three friends applied with their partners  with more than IELTS results over 12 months ... but nobody ask them anything

strange ...    

Just now, SinxX said:

dont know Both PCC are valid and says Complete disclosure and all .. 

my three friends applied with their partners  with more than IELTS results over 12 months ... but nobody ask them anything

strange ...    

Can you extract what exactly said by CO regarding AFP.  It is strange but no choice mate.  

• Like 1

Hi guys 

I caedll on 131881 to ask about the ielts validity n if we have to provide ielts f9r spouse again as we have already did provide with 489 application, the customer care office said we dont have to. 

M just confuse now. I ask my agent to email the case officer n ask about it. 

Hope for the best 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Manisha said:

Hi guys 

I caedll on 131881 to ask about the ielts validity n if we have to provide ielts f9r spouse again as we have already did provide with 489 application, the customer care office said we dont have to. 

Hope for the best 

Dear Manisha,

Surely, you can email to CO but don't expect they will reply. I have done many times to clear my confusion regarding Medical never got a response.

I believe CO's do receive  bunch of emails everyday from applicant but can't reply or look after each and every email...just waste of their time..that's what I understood from my experience. 

4 minutes ago, Manisha said:

Hi guys 

Hope for the best 

Hi Manisha,

Most of customer service officers are dump. No clue what they are talking. 

See below what on the  homeaffair web. IELTS should be within 12 months. Very clear.  

Untitled.png.02a8c041d7f0e2335cfa80605d1995ab.png.09af418b84360c72a21c691f027657b4.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Seems like a silent day..... Nothing from my side. The application is still in the received state. Maybe COs working on old applications 

True, I was expecting a good news from your side maybe after you December applications will start.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Seems like a silent day..... Nothing from my side. The application is still in the received state. Maybe COs working on old applications 

image.png.35750820ce032e9c96663566d40f4586.png

Getting delay for response give us good indication of direct grant. Don't worry. 

image.thumb.png.b3b71b3134002efdf19ecf6003cb5367.png

My application shows further assessment,The application is currently being assessed.The department may contact the applicant if further additional documents is necessary.I don't know,when my application will take decision.Can anyone suggests about this.

1 minute ago, Arifin said:

My application shows further assessment,The application is currently being assessed.The department may contact the applicant if further additional documents is necessary.I don't know,when my application will take decision.Can anyone suggests about this.

Ohhh. I thought you have been already contacted by CO. Wish you a direct grant mate. 

3 minutes ago, Arifin said:

its the same for my application as well.?

3 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Damn... I just received more information request. Asked for UAE police certificate even though I stayed there for less than 12 months. This is really frustrating.

CO- Adam

Really sorry to hear that mate. COs are making our life so difficult. How long it takes to process. 

Just now, slvicky said:

Damn... I just received more information request. Asked for UAE police certificate even though I stayed there for less than 12 months. This is really frustrating.

CO- Adam

They are just compelling the people to stay in region by delaying the applications or asking additional documents etc. They can't ask any PCC where you've resided less then 12 months and it can be confirmed through their own website. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Waiting!! said:

They are just compelling the people to stay in region by delaying the applications or asking additional documents etc. They can't ask any PCC where you've resided less then 12 months and it can be confirmed through their own website. 

True. In the more information request document, they mentioned PCC required from countries lived more than 12 months which is contradicting to their request.  This is really frustrating. Most painful thing is UAE PCC will take another 2 months and then I might have to wait for another 2-3 months to get the grant

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, slvicky said:

True. In the more information request document, they mentioned PCC required from countries lived more than 12 months which is contradicting to their request.  This is really frustrating. Most painful thing is UAE PCC will take another 2 months and then I might have to wait for another 2-3 months to get the grant

Yes. It is frustrating mate. Good thing is your grant is guaranteed once you produce PCC.