887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Everyone,

We had supplied IETLS results for my partner for her 489 subsequent entry visa which is just 16 months old.  Does she need to sit for IETLS again for our 887 to submit new results for functional english, which are less than 12 months old ?  thanks

3 minutes ago, Jeff24 said:

Hi Everyone,

We had supplied IETLS results for my partner for her 489 subsequent entry visa which is just 16 months old.  Does she need to sit for IETLS again for our 887 to submit new results for functional english, which are less than 12 months old ?  thanks

Yes. for 887,  IELTS should be less than 12 months 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tsep said:

Hi Daniel24,

Actually I applied on 22/09. My daughter born in August. When I applied at that time she just month old. Rather than getting 489 for her, I directly applied my 887 with mentetion her in non migrating family member. Actually she not added in my 489 so her name not able to get as dependent. I did not filled form 1022. But in my application she appear in family and my acknowledgment letter also. When first CO assign in 02/feb she got 489 visa. And I am still waiting for further information like, medical examination. 

Hi Tsep, 

our case is similar, my son is 7 months now, i travelled to India this year in Jan so requested for 489 visa for him. I applied 887 on 19/10. still they have not asked medical for my son. i filled form 1022 and emailed immi that i want to include him in 887. 

so frustrating, now that processing time has changed, wonder how long we have to wait???????????/

i dont think so that with the new born the case is complicated, its they who delay the process and move forward opening nov files, well in fact they should be working on previous files as well. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, su89 said:

Waited 2 years to fulfill residential requirement and now another year to get the visa.. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png ohhh boy !

But the again we know we are still around 5 months mark and we get contacted around 5 montgs and 20 days.. emoji3.png

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

This is very sad and not encouraging people to move and contribute to regional areas,  10 months to process a 489 , 12 months to process 887 ,  also 16 months to process citizenship.  err ? Im applying for my 887 next year August .... at this rate processing times might go up to around 24 months by then sigh*  

• Sad 2

This is very sad and not encouraging people to move and contribute to regional areas,  10 months to process a 489 , 12 months to process 887 ,  also 16 months to process citizenship.  err [emoji20] Im applying for my 887 next year August .... at this rate processing times might go up to around 24 months by then sigh*  
. there has always been ups and downs.. sometimes 5 months sometimes 11 (but cant remember it being 12 months) .. So hope.for the best.. last month it was dead quiete for a week or so and now they are back in business.. so eventually processing times will shrink again.. hopefully.. but best thing is 887 visa is straightforward compared to 457 and others.. No matter what changes come eventually we will get the visa if we have fulfilled residential and emplyment conditiins.. only one more thing they test - our patience [emoji16][emoji23]

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, su89 said:

. there has always been ups and downs.. sometimes 5 months sometimes 11 (but cant remember it being 12 months) .. So hope.for the best.. last month it was dead quiete for a week or so and now they are back in business.. so eventually processing times will shrink again.. hopefully.. but best thing is 887 visa is straightforward compared to 457 and others.. No matter what changes come eventually we will get the visa if we have fulfilled residential and emplyment conditiins.. only one more thing they test - our patience emoji16.pngemoji23.png

I guess,  887 is pretty straightforward & COs may not comfortable. So, they try to make it more complex by adding surprises to make them in the comfort zone ??

I guess,  887 is pretty straightforward & COs may not comfortable. So, they try to make it more complex by adding surprises to make them in the comfort zone [emoji1][emoji1]
Well they are testing our patience [emoji23] by the way I was thinking about you!! No update from your end??

Eitherway it wont take long ..fingers crossed

Just now, su89 said:

Well they are testing our patience emoji23.png by the way I was thinking about you!! No update from your end??

Eitherway it wont take long ..fingers crossed

Nope. nothing.... dead silent at the moment ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, neel said:

Hi Tsep, 

our case is similar, my son is 7 months now, i travelled to India this year in Jan so requested for 489 visa for him. I applied 887 on 19/10. still they have not asked medical for my son. i filled form 1022 and emailed immi that i want to include him in 887. 

so frustrating, now that processing time has changed, wonder how long we have to wait???????????/

i dont think so that with the new born the case is complicated, its they who delay the process and move forward opening nov files, well in fact they should be working on previous files as well. 

Yes neel, our case very similar.  only I worried because my 489 visa expires Feb 2019 we have 887 brindging but she still need to receive. Do you got medicare card for your new born?  When your 489 expire? 

1 minute ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

This is so strange and fails to understand, what exactly CO's are expecting from us. As an instance:
Manisha, our group member already provided contracts, payslip, PAGY summary and bank statement to prove 1 year work but still they ask further documents to prove 1 year work..
?

Guess all this nonsense is depending on the CO. So, we really can't do anything other than waiting  

10 minutes ago, Tsep said:

Yes neel, our case very similar.  only I worried because my 489 visa expires Feb 2019 we have 887 brindging but she still need to receive. Do you got medicare card for your new born?  When your 489 expire? 

For my case, we applied 887 and got the bridging VISA. When my son was born in Australia, I got Medicare Declaration form from the Hospital. A few days later, I applied this form to Medicare center and got the new Medicare card that included my son.

57 minutes ago, slvicky said:

I don't think to force migrants to stay rural forever isn't practical. They may force them to stay like 2 years after getting PR may be a possibility

1 hour ago, S_SHAH said:

Government considers forcing regional migrants to stay rural

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/government-considers-forcing-regional-migrants-to-stay-rural

I hope it won't apply to people already on 489 - 887 journey. ?

Hi Guys, 

I have been a silent follower of this forum for the past 2-3 months. Below is my timeline.

Our application included 1 main applicant (me) and 5 secondary applicants.  

Applied : 12 Oct 2017. 

We saw the medical HAP letters in the immi account and did our medicals in November even before the CO asking, later on I read on this forum that it was not necessary, but it's ok.

Co Contacted (Sophorn) : 16 March 2018 and asked for the following documents, 

• AFP : Names as per passport for all the family members (Although the names were matching exactly as per passport). I emailed the CO within 5 mins of receiving the documents request email for clarification on what is meant by 'Names as per passport' because the names were exactly the same, but didn't get any reply from them till date. I called them, waited in the queue for 40 mins and spoke to the most arrogant customer service professional of my life, she just said wait for the email reply. We didn't want to start any argument so we did the PC again with my wife's pre marital name included in her's and the other ones exactly the same as before. 

May be the CO had difficulty reading and could not read our names from the passport. 

• Transcript for my wife's degree under the section (Evidence of Functional English). She completed her degree way back in 1991 and it literally took us ages to find her student number and we had to contact our relatives back in Pakistan to get that arranged for us. This whole process took around 20 days of our time. 

• Evidence of Functional English for my two sons, one has just completed VCE and the other one is currently in year 12. We had to contact our daughter (non migrating family member) back in Pakistan to visit our primary school and get the letter issued for my sons for the evidence of English and we got the same letter from the school here as well (although the school administration was quite surprised on the request)

We uploaded all the documents on 12 April 2018. 

Grant emails received : 14th May 2018. 

Although, according to the forum's timeline I had an estimate of 11 weeks time in my mind from the documents request date which was 16th March, to the grant.

So My estimate was around 20-25 May for the Grant, but sooner the better!

Best of Luck Everyone for your Grants!

Hope this will help someone in the same situation as ours. My key was to avoid arguments with the COs and do whatever they are asking. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tsep said:

yes i got, but have not received bridging for my son. my 489 expires next year august. dont worry u will get soon.

9 minutes ago, SYD said:

Hi Guys, 

I have been a silent follower of this forum for the past 2-3 months. Below is my timeline.

We saw the medical HAP letters in the immi account and did our medicals in November even before the CO asking, later on I read on this forum that it was not necessary, but it's ok.

• AFP : Names as per passport for all the family members (Although the names were matching exactly as per passport). I emailed the CO within 5 mins of receiving the documents request email for clarification on what is meant by 'Names as per passport' because the names were exactly the same, but didn't get any reply from them till date. I called them, waited in the queue for 40 mins and spoke to the most arrogant customer service professional of my life, she just said wait for the email reply. We didn't want to start any argument so we did the PC again with my wife's pre marital name included in her's and the other ones exactly the same as before. 

May be the CO had difficulty reading and could not read our names from the passport. 

• Transcript for my wife's degree under the section (Evidence of Functional English). She completed her degree way back in 1991 and it literally took us ages to find her student number and we had to contact our relatives back in Pakistan to get that arranged for us. This whole process took around 20 days of our time. 

• Evidence of Functional English for my two sons, one has just completed VCE and the other one is currently in year 12. We had to contact our daughter (non migrating family member) back in Pakistan to visit our primary school and get the letter issued for my sons for the evidence of English and we got the same letter from the school here as well (although the school administration was quite surprised on the request)

Although, according to the forum's timeline I had an estimate of 11 weeks time in my mind from the documents request date which was 16th March, to the grant.

Hope this will help someone in the same situation as ours. My key was to avoid arguments with the COs and do whatever they are asking. 

Congrats mate 

10 minutes ago, SYD said:

Hi Guys, 

(...)

Congratulations @SYD! What an experience! Thank you for the valuable inputs and suggestions. Enjoy!?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SYD said:

Hi Guys, 

Congrats mate...

• Like 1

Hi Guys, 

Good on ya mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk