Great country!!!!!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

Having just left the solicitors to get more paper work certified, i drove home along the beach nr Hastings 10 mins from where we live, what a wonderfull country we live in, the sun was shining the sea was calm put a smile on my face, and then this feeling of anger came over me.

Why does Mr Tony Blair have to make it so hard for us to have a comfortable life, tax this tax that every other scrounger coming in . To be honest i like the uk but i cannot see any future for my kids, and there kids hate to think. Why should i have to move out of my country for a better life? Iam self employed work my socks off for what more tax more tax more tax. :x:x:x

So i feel as if iam being kicked out, dont get me wrong i cant wait for out new better life iam just fed up with how things in this once GREAT BRITIAN of ours is going. Rant over hope all is going well for everyone.

Graham

Guest happy-jools

Hi Graham

We feel similar but worried about putting such a post - as its sometimes seen as offending to others. But hey what the heck, you did it and I agree with most of your comment.

Just think of the future. But remember the grass isnt always greener on the other side - so dont build up Adelaide into something it may not be. Stay releastic - hey and hurry up otherwise it will be us buying those bloody beers. Or is that all in the plan.X

Guest Django

What was the song they played when they got in :?:

Oh yeah. 'Things can only get better' :roll: :roll:

Well I 'spose it will for all of us eh? :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest graandjac

:? :? Sorry if that sounded poltical it did'nt mean to, but it just frustrates me and I am realistic about Adelaide. Still have taxes to pay and all that, just maybe a better standard and quality of living? Have tried not to be arrogant to friends about what we are doing as in moaning about the country that they will still be living in - anyway happy jooles who said that you will be there before us, the race is still on!!! and Pete could not agree more, good luck all - :lol: may the force be with us :lol: Graham

We totally agree with you, The country that we grew up in and loved has disapeared under Labours rule. We cant see a future for our kids either so that is why we are going to Australia. Dont get me wrong we are proud of the fact that we and our children are British, but worry about how British Britain is now it is controlled by Europe and America

Andy and Wendy

Guest O'Grady

Hi All,

I'm a brand new member, but been a regular visitor to this site. I have to say though, that this post about Britain not being so 'Great Britain' is so true.

Me and my husband have been thinking of the idea of moving to Adelaide for quite some time now, but the state of this country is just making our decision so much easier. I too cannot imagine what it will be like for our son to grow up in. I just hope I can bring myself to make the leap and not worry about leaving my family behind!! :(

Guest Django
I just hope I can bring myself to make the leap and not worry about leaving my family behind!! :(

Welcome to the forum. If you don't there will always be the 'what if' at the back of your mind. :wink:

Guest Guest75

I can't agree more.

The downturn in the UK was the main reason for moving here to ........."Great Australia"

It'll be 7 years next week since we arrived in this fine land. :D

Guest graandjac

Couldnt agree more Pete, without being to morbid, an event in our (my wife's family) 7 years ago changed my out look on life forever and i NEVER want to look back when hopefully iam 80 and think i wish to anything ,so i say you dont know if you dont try!!!!!!! wish that TRA result would hurry up :D:D cheers Graham

Graham,

well said, all the things you speak about Graham is so true. I would hate to think what its like here for the children of the age of our two 9 & 7.

Same with us we know its not going to be easy in Adelaide but when you are used to having to work hard we are goiing to give it our best shot.

It just makes my blood boil when the differences between the UK and Australia and the correct way Australia goes about the immigration system. You do not get there to free load of the back of someone else yet here you climb out from under a lorry and they give you a new pair of Nike trainers, a mobile phone and a house to name but a few!

We are at an early stage in getting the TRA put together yet we cant wait to get out of here and in Adelaide where hard work benefits us and not the free loaders!

Have just booked the flights for August to come over for 10 days to have a good look round and take it all in before the hopfully soon move

Ian

Guest stufi1997

Hi all,...quite agree and we're from Turriff... by the way thats wayyyyy up north where old Tony and his posse experiment all their new laws and taxes before they expose the rest of the country! As for immigrants well....i worked out there in a huge painting firm and had two blokes working with me, a croation and a slovakian, never seen so much hatred in my life... six months later we're all in the pub in the middle of nowhere 40% singing waltzing matilda .....its a country that has amazing effects on people. As for here just have faith and all vote S.N.P. to run your country for ya!

Guest ali@51

Hi

I have to say we aggre with everything said so far.

It seems to us if you are rich tony wants to keep you and the extra taxes dont effect you.

If you are very poor dont worry because the goverment will support you.

If however you are somewhere in between and want to work hard to better yourself forget it :!: Carry on working every hour god sends and Tony will take what ever else you earn but be carefull because it will be through the back door.

Aliand co