Time Line

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

Any news Val?

I keep waiting for you to come on and say you have your visa because you've been waiting an eternity.

Vikki

Hi Vikki,

Thank you for asking, but as yet no news! I have began to believe that it will never happen :arghh: and have put it to the back of my mind. Martin still checks every 5 minuets!! I'm sure he will let me know if and when it happens.

Val

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Martin and Val

Doesn't seem to be much movement this week in the "Update your time line section" so I have written below the content of the e-mail we received this morning. Don't really know if it's good news or bad?

"Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia's

General Skilled Migration programme.

We are aware of the stage of your application and I can see from the

records that a manager is about to re-allocate your application.

I am unsure of the timing involved so am not able to give you an idea of

when this will happen, I suggest you allow 2 more weeks and if no action

send us another email".

Guest vikkiann

Hi all, well we stayed up late last night to call Adelaide and was told they don't have Garry's police check even though it has been sent twice but wait for it as soon as they receive it nothing else is needed and we should hear very quickly.

Oh, i'm so excited.

I'm going away this weekend so think i'll be having several glasses of wine!

Vikki

Hi Val, we've also lodged a 475 Visa (2 April 08). Can you tell me how you know your with decision maker.

From 6 May seems a ridiculous time, I thought we'd have our Visa by end Nov - realise now we'll be lucky to be heading off before Easter.

I'm sure you must be getting truly p**d off. I wonder if the agents are chasing up SA (SA are quick enough to come along to Roadshows etc.)

Moira

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Moira,

We chased up the agent some time ago and they e-mailed DIAC who returned an e-mail saying that we were with a decision maker. That was 14 weeks ago!

Who knows how much longer we will have to wait? :arghh:

Guest Lulujim
Hi Alexis, just noticed we lodged 475 day before yourselves - It's a stressful waiting game, isn't it. Hopefully they get a move on soon.

regards

Moira

Hi - I am definitely bored already!! My internet's broken at home at the mo - so am only abloe to check on OH's pc - which I think is a good thing as it stops me checking very 2 mins to see if we have a CO yet!! Keep us posted on when you get a CO and we'll do the same. When are you hoping/been advised you'll get your visa by? x x

Hi - I am definitely bored already!! My internet's broken at home at the mo - so am only abloe to check on OH's pc - which I think is a good thing as it stops me checking very 2 mins to see if we have a CO yet!! Keep us posted on when you get a CO and we'll do the same. When are you hoping/been advised you'll get your visa by? x x

Hi Alexis, when we first signed up with agent they were quoting 6 months from application. Friends lodged theirs 4 months before us and they don't know yet if they have a case officer. :arghh:

Hello all, see our timeline below, our agent did tell us we should have a case officer by end of Sept, so 3 months after online lodging and visa by Nov - 5 months! Looking at everybody's timelines it does seem unrealistic. I wonder if me and MathiJohn have the same agent?

Hi Val, we've also lodged a 475 Visa (2 April 08). Can you tell me how you know your with decision maker.

From 6 May seems a ridiculous time, I thought we'd have our Visa by end Nov - realise now we'll be lucky to be heading off before Easter.

I'm sure you must be getting truly p**d off. I wonder if the agents are chasing up SA (SA are quick enough to come along to Roadshows etc.)

Moira

I totally agree about the roadshows and the publicity in the media about how they want people to emigrate, but the ones that are mid way through the process seem to wait for ages ... Don't understand. I guess I am just getting worried, I haven't been waiting long but reading that a lot of people been waiting for ages it makes me nervous.

hi fergie family when you initally sent your application in it will say application recieved. then it is passed to someone to enter all the inital paper work submitted and this is processed further if you are then to do police checks or medicals it will be requested once you have a case officer. if all paperwork was submitted at beggining and is all ok the case officer just oks it and passes to a desision maker. then you await the email to confirm you have the visa! ours was submitted in october we had a case officer 5th feb went to desision maker in march and only got the visa granted yesterday! so good luck hope all goes well.

We lodged our visa online, well the agent did.

When we go online using the link (https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa) our documents don’t show as received (shows as required!) our agent said he sent the documents that only when the case officer looks at it that it shows as received. Is this true?

When you guys talk about phoning to find out about the state of the visa what number to ring to enquire on the state of the visas?

Anybody that got a visa and tracked it online can help? Thanks.:wubclub:

Guest rockpool crab

When you guys talk about phoning to find out about the state of the visa what number to ring to enquire on the state of the visas?

.:wubclub:

Hiya..I don't have my visa yet :-( but here's the number I phone to check what's happening..

00 61 1300 364 613

You need your TRN Number. I don't know that they'll tell you much as they are only allowed to tell the "named agent" what's happening. That's why I filled out the 956 form. Now they tell me anything I want to know. A lot more reassuring but then I guess that depends on which agency you're using in the first place.

Best of luck with the whole process. Hopefully other 475's will reply :wubclub:

Carol Ann

Ok here is a timeline (kind of) for us!

Wasnt sure about listing it in my sig, but I suppose everyone wants to have an idea of it all when seeing someone else post?

DS2 and DS3 citizenship granted: Oct 27 2007

DS2 and DS3 Aust passports applied for and received Dec 2007

Medical: Feb 2nd 2008

Xray: Feb 5th 2008

Application posted: 10th Feb 2008

Application acknowledged: Feb 19 2008

Subclass 100 Visa granted March 7th 2008

Initial entry date no later than 2nd Feb 2009

Flights booked for Sept 16th 2008

My update is:

Shippers coming Tues / Weds next week.

Currently throwing and giving lots of things away.

Children watching too much tv.

Going to bed too late.

Getting up to early.

Completion of our sale next Fri 29th Aug.

Homeless for 2 weeks, including week holiday in Cornwall - last fling.

Goodbye 'things' on 14th and 15th September.

Flying 16th...

:v_SPIN:

That's why I filled out the 956 form. Now they tell me anything I want to know. A lot more reassuring but then I guess that depends on which agency you're using in the first place.

Carol Ann

Hello Carol

This forum is so good, you guys have so much information! I don't know if my agent used the 956 form, it does look famliar, but then all these forms loook familiar :huh: ... guess need to find out. Thanks

Guest rockpool crab
Hello Carol

This forum is so good, you guys have so much information! I don't know if my agent used the 956 form, it does look famliar, but then all these forms loook familiar :huh: ... guess need to find out. Thanks

Hi there,

I don't think your agent will have completed 956 as this would then relinquish the need for them:). I only filled this up as my agent is going through a "transitionary" period...and rather than hope it all works out for them I decided to take back control of the visa at this stage. I'm sure your agent will be working hard for you.

Catch you later...Carol Ann

Guest vikkiann

Don't know when we will be flying. We are thinking of dropping the house by another 10k to see if that helps sell it. We have to activate by Jan so could be going on holiday in December, a tan for christmas lovely!

Vikki