At Singapore Airport

julie-ruth

Hi as said at Singapore Airport, we flew out of Heathrow on 2nd November with British Airlines what a mistake what an awful company never again, rude staff and very very cramped seats, we have got Quanta's to take us from Singapore to Adelaide, so hope it goes better, oh and luggage allowance you only have 23 kilos each it cost us an extra 388 Oz dollars for two extra bags and 406 for four extra bags on Quanta's.

We have stayed the night in Singapore which was nice except we were awake at 2 am and didn't fall back asleep until 5 am then overslept and only just got up in time for breakfast. Nice hotel though Holiday Inn Atrium, had a nice pool which we took advantage of this morning. At the moment I'm using one of the free internet computers at Singapore Airport, it is really a very good airport.

Anyway can't wait to get to Adelaide and have some proper rest, we have a furnished rental at Semaphore for three months so give us a chance to find something longer term.

Anyway time is nearly up so I'll have to go.

Julie

Thats the worst part of the journey over with. The second leg is much shorter. We flew both legs with Singapore and can only sing their praises. You'll be here before you know it and can forget about BA.

Singapore Airport is a fabby place isn't it? We loved it there.

I wish you well for your new lives. We love it here.

Pete

Guest sam2500

After a few wobbly moments, booked our flights to Adelaide Monday 12th January from Manchester.:)

Only wanted to fly with Singapore Airlines as by all accounts they seem to be the best.

Got 1 day in Singapore, not a full stop over as nothing is available.

Awaiting to hear if Hotel is available, just for the day, anyone recommend, please?

Anyone else going out on this flight ?

Now to sort everything else!!

Sue David and Sam

Hi got to Adelaide Ok, Quanta's is really good, none of us slept on it but the entertainment was good and kept the girls amused, would use Quanta's again but

never BA, anyway we seem to wireless conection in our house as long as we sit by the

front door so making the most of it.

My family has all fallen asleep my eldest daughter was walking around in tears this

morning very over tired and over whelmed as I expect everyone is when they first arrive so she fell asleep by ten and still asleep now, middle daughter fell asleep an

hour after that youngest kept going the longest and lasted until 1 pm I nodded off, now

I've woken up found hubby asleep in bed, ha ha maybe for the best.

Hopefully things will fall more into place tomorrow.

Anyway bye,

Julie

Hi thanks for that, we are all in a bit of a daze at the moment, spent most of the night up with my daughter who is in tears, she is only twelve and really misses her friends, but we are going out today hopefully find some things to keep her occupied, and maybe we will all sleep tonight, by the way do you know what the weird bird that squeeks alot is, its looks like a pigeon but has got a tuffty bit like a cockatiel.

Julie

Glad you made it all safe and sound if a little jet lagged by the sounds of it. The first week is theworst though. So much to do and you don't really feel like doing it. Where abouts are you staying at the moment?

Pete

Hi as said at Singapore Airport, we flew out of Heathrow on 2nd November with British Airlines what a mistake what an awful company never again, rude staff and very very cramped seats, we have got Quanta's to take us from Singapore to Adelaide, so hope it goes better, oh and luggage allowance you only have 23 kilos each it cost us an extra 388 Oz dollars for two extra bags and 406 for four extra bags on Quanta's.

We have stayed the night in Singapore which was nice except we were awake at 2 am and didn't fall back asleep until 5 am then overslept and only just got up in time for breakfast. Nice hotel though Holiday Inn Atrium, had a nice pool which we took advantage of this morning. At the moment I'm using one of the free internet computers at Singapore Airport, it is really a very good airport.

Anyway can't wait to get to Adelaide and have some proper rest, we have a furnished rental at Semaphore for three months so give us a chance to find something longer term.

Anyway time is nearly up so I'll have to go.

Julie

Funny you dont like BA, I have just arrived back in Aus after a 5 week vacation in Europe and the UK, I did the trip with BA on Qantas flight numbers and found them to be very good, I also flew from Heathrow to Zurich return and then Gatwck to Berlin return and again they were great, on the other hand I used Easy Jet from Glasgow to Gatwick, the flight was 9 hours late, now thats a joke. As for Qantas, I cant fault them been here 30 years and fly them in Aus 4 or 5 times a year and international once a year and I cant remember one problem, hope your flight to Adelaide was better.

Hi were in Semaphore haven't been very far yet as we have been sorting out the usual bank, tax forms etc etc etc.

Went out to our first barbie last night, up at Golden Grove (lovely area) the weather was a bit pants so the chief cooked out-doors while we huddled indoors in the warm but it was a really relaxing evening their kids are older than mine but were great with them took them off down the park while we enjoyed the very very nice local wine, yum.

We stayed the night and decided to go for a drive around on the way back via North Haven, really nice what we saw there nice houses, lots of palms, in my opinion generally wow. I had no idea how different each area is from each other, it really is dramatic and very spaced out, the weather is quite cool today so hoping to get the kids to the beach over the next few days apparently its suppose to be in the 30's early next week.

Julie