GOT A JOB, Light at the end of the tunnel !!!!!! Yeeehaaaa

Guest Martin and Val

Guest rockpool crab
Just read a post about the sa work forum - can anyone give me a link to it or contact number to book on to it ??

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi there,

Skills Recognition Services (srs@saugov.sa.gov.au)

1800 658 887

I "think" it's 55 Currie Street. I had to go in first and took all my qualifications with me. They then copy them and will ensure they're recognised in Australian terms, if you know what I mean. After that they set up an appointment to see a consultant, he goes over what type of employment you're after and then refers you to this Forum, after that it's two workshops learning how to right your perfect resume and covering letter.

Have fun!

Say hi to Lauren and Michael, the two folk who are ever so helpful on the front desk :0-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Martin and Val
Just read a post about the sa work forum - can anyone give me a link to it or contact number to book on to it ??

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your good wishes I hope something comes your way very soon.

Regarding The Jobs Forum there is one this Wednesday in the city. I'm fortunate enough to be booked on it and although I now have a position I'm still attending.

It's called the "Employment 40 Plus Forum" and the phone number I have for them is 1800 811 985 or email: info40plus@saugov.sa.gov.au

The one this Wednesday is at the Festival Centre, I hope you manage to get registered good luck.

Martin

Guest Martin and Val
Many congratulations

All skills are transferrable and I'm sure you will be a much valued member of your new team. Well done you!

Hi Jo & Phil,

Thank you very much for the vote of confidence. It's been a long time coming and it's only a temporary position but I can't wait to start and I will give it over 100%

Thanks

Martin

• 2 weeks later...