Cheap Meat

On friday went shopping at our local Woolworths and bought loads of meat because it was all reduced some as much as $8 off, it was great value, but I think it was due to being shut saturday (anzac day) does anyone know what days like in England you can get reduced priced meat so I can stock up again or is there anywhere that sells cheap but good quality meat in North to North-east area.

Thanks Julie

Guest sandar1

There's a fantastic meat place that sells meat at wholesale prices in Thebarton, they quite often advertise in the Sunday Mail and take out a full page add, look out for it, I now go there and buy all my meat in bulk, prices excellent as is the quality. Can't remember the name of it only know how to get there. All of the restaurants around town use them so you know the quality is good.

On friday went shopping at our local Woolworths and bought loads of meat because it was all reduced some as much as $8 off, it was great value, but I think it was due to being shut saturday (anzac day) does anyone know what days like in England you can get reduced priced meat so I can stock up again or is there anywhere that sells cheap but good quality meat in North to North-east area.

Thanks Julie

If your lucky in the mornings you can get some fresh meat at the side of the roads....but you have to watch out for the taste of rubber.:P

i have found best time to go to Woolies is like late fri/sat nights....between 7.30/8.30.

And i agree totally that the meat is by far better quality than back in the Dark Side.:D

Guest caoimhe

Gawler meat company have a butchers in Woodgates avenue in Salisbury North, I think it is far cheaper than Woolies/Coles, they always have an ad in the free messenger paper showing whats on special each week and the meat is great. Also there is a budget butchers in Salisbury city but can't remember the name of the street, its right in the centre, there is a big fruit and veg shop there too that is miles cheaper than woolies eg I bought apples for 0.99c per Kilo and they were $3.48per kilo in woolies...big difference and again great quality. By doing my shopping at this veg shop and the butchers instead of everything at woolies I have brought my grocery bill down by $60-$80 a week

Gawler meat company have a butchers in Woodgates avenue in Salisbury North, I think it is far cheaper than Woolies/Coles, they always have an ad in the free messenger paper showing whats on special each week and the meat is great. Also there is a budget butchers in Salisbury city but can't remember the name of the street, its right in the centre, there is a big fruit and veg shop there too that is miles cheaper than woolies eg I bought apples for 0.99c per Kilo and they were $3.48per kilo in woolies...big difference and again great quality. By doing my shopping at this veg shop and the butchers instead of everything at woolies I have brought my grocery bill down by $60-$80 a week

Wow thats an impressive saving, I think I'll be visiting Salisbury City Centre very soon..

thanks Julie

Guest sandar1

Name of the place that I got the meat from was Specialty Foods, 8A West Thebarton Road, Thebarton. I bought a side of lamb for $6.50 per kilo last week, they had an add in the paper this past Sunday they had whole scotch filet for $8.99 per k, fillet steak $11.99 per k,sausages $2.99 per k, whole porterhouse $13.99 per k anyway you get the idea.

Sandra