Been here a week, OH going home... what to do?

Guest yogiyoung

Guest letusintoaus

Hi i know this is an odd place to put an introductory post. I'm struck by Yogiyoungs story. I am hoping to emmigrate to adelaide later this year or early next from the UK. I would not have had the idea to move to Aus if I was with my ex-wife and it was not until 6 mths after the relationship broke up that I became aware that moving to aus would be good for me. I then realised that in marrying somebody who was from a different, culture, ethnic origin and country and her moving and settling in the UK. By moving to Aus all i'm doing is the same thing that my ex wife did. I did not love her i loved what she had done. The inderpendence of picking up sticks and moving to another country, finding work, starting again out on your own and finding a partner. I was projecting all this onto the ex wife. My point is that I was happy to let my ex-wife live out the part of me that wanted to be free. This caused big problems in the relationship and caused me to have a near nervous breakdown. Much better now and looking forward to move to Aus by myself.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mollybailey

a very emotional time for you a time when you need friends which im sure you will make, give yourself some time and see how you go, whatever you decide just make sure its the right one for you.

good luck

amanda

OMG......I just can't imagine what you are going through...........I'm sorry to say but your what kind of man would do that! I can't believe that you would go through all of that pain and pressure of emigrating, and being misled into thinking that you are starting afresh with plans of a new and better life to then be hit with that!!! I honestly don't know what to say, apart from I so feel for you and if you need to chat, shoulder to cry on etc. give us a shout.... my email is Juandrob@hotmail.com, then I can give you my number and if you want to meet up and get completely sloshed (I think that's what the doctor would order) I could be your drinking buddy! On the fact about whether to fly home, don't do anything hasty!! Ps we are in Glengowrie, only been here 6weeks. I am sure you will get a huge response of people ready to support you. Keep your chin up love!! Julie

Ps ignore the photo.....I don't look anything like that. I'm not a little boy, honest I'm a grown 40yr old woman (actually 41 tomorrow) the picture is my 11yr old son, just happened to be logged as him when I saw your post.

Guest caoimhe

Ps ignore the photo.....I don't look anything like that. I'm not a little boy, honest I'm a grown 40yr old woman (actually 41 tomorrow) the picture is my 11yr old son, just happened to be logged as him when I saw your post.

Oh I'm Soooo glad you added this bit, I was getting seriously worried for a minute:confused::unsure::biglaugh: