H&M Down Under

erobertson

I have used H&M in the past and found them good for cheap kids clothing, when I have bought in UK, or France.

But I have just had a look at this site and was not impressed by their prices.

I picked up a load of kids clothing 20% off in Target this week and got comparable clothes for almost half the price.

I doubt whether I could be persuaded to shop online when I can get similar (and cheaper) locally.

Guest Guest75

I'm struggling to contain myself.................from giggling.......................as I have no idea who or what H & M are!:wacko:

Even though I have a trip back to the UK fairly annually I am getting the feeling I am turning full blown Aussie now.:cute:

I'm struggling to contain myself.................from giggling.......................as I have no idea who or what H & M are!:wacko:

Even though I have a trip back to the UK fairly annually I am getting the feeling I am turning full blown Aussie now.:cute:

Err, Harvey & Norman ? :biggrin:

Thanks for that :)

I was expecting their prices to be higher here and lo, they are :unsure: Although not as much as I was expecting so its not all bad. Also kids clothing (and plenty of other things) was sneaking up in price in the UK so its all much of a muchness.

Didn't really shop there much in the UK, the odd pair of high tops for my son or a pair of shorts. Sometimes checked them out in the sales but not really one of my go to shops. I don't think I'll get much use out of the online shopping option here but will keep it in mind :)

I only went in once or twice in the UK never thought there clothing was that great, if you want a bargain with clothes/ shoes try Rivers ive seen the advert but only just went in both the Victor Harbour store and Morphett Vale store on the weekend 40% off everything storewide even the stuff thats already reduced its just so cheap and good quality :)

Thanks for that :)

I was expecting their prices to be higher here and lo, they are :unsure: Although not as much as I was expecting so its not all bad. Also kids clothing (and plenty of other things) was sneaking up in price in the UK so its all much of a muchness.

Didn't really shop there much in the UK, the odd pair of high tops for my son or a pair of shorts. Sometimes checked them out in the sales but not really one of my go to shops. I don't think I'll get much use out of the online shopping option here but will keep it in mind :)

Rivers was one of the brands heavily criticised recently for such appalling conditions and pay for workers in the countries they make their gear. Prior to that I once bought a pair of shoes from there in a sale ... they lasted a single day before falling apart. With or without an accompanying cackling laugh, it's not a place known for its quality.

Jim

Guest MandiMR2
I just discovered the best news....

H&M have now opened in Melbourne and do online shopping!!

http://www.hm.com/au/

Thanks for the post, great to hear as I love H&M clothing & I can certainly recommend them as good value for money & long lasting quality. Cheers Mandi x

Guest Guest12727

I went on-line to have a look at what they had. Every item of clothing I clicked on said ' this is not available online in your region, visit your local store' which of course is Melbourne, so not very local. and yes, before anyone comments I was in the Au site. Has anyone actually managed to buy anything?

What are the sizes like? Looking for my 14 year old son who is not real skinny but not fat. Can't buy Next trousers for him, they never fit around the waist. Therefore, usually stick with stuff he can try on.

well apologies if I missed that !!! what I bought seemed fine and if Im paying $3 for a pair of track pants just to knock around in I don't really mind if they fall apart I was merely stating a shop seemed good to me having only been in the place once :shocked:

Rivers was one of the brands heavily criticised recently for such appalling conditions and pay for workers in the countries they make their gear. Prior to that I once bought a pair of shoes from there in a sale ... they lasted a single day before falling apart. With or without an accompanying cackling laugh, it's not a place known for its quality.

Jim

I went on-line to have a look at what they had. Every item of clothing I clicked on said ' this is not available online in your region, visit your local store' which of course is Melbourne, so not very local. and yes, before anyone comments I was in the Au site. Has anyone actually managed to buy anything?

What are the sizes like? Looking for my 14 year old son who is not real skinny but not fat. Can't buy Next trousers for him, they never fit around the waist. Therefore, usually stick with stuff he can try on.

I just checked, they don't deliver! What a waste of space!! Grrrrrr!

Rivers used to be great quality about 8-10 years ago, when their only Adelaide store (as far as I am aware) was at Westfield Marion. They sold really nice shirts then, but clearly when they expanded, they diversified

Rivers.....good quality??......:biglaugh: