What's your best Op Shop bargain?

Diane

Sorry to do such a girlie thing as a thread about shopping!

I actually hate clothes shopping most of the time, but can spend hours browsing in Op Shops and my best bargain of the week this week is a lovely Maxwell Williams china mug, still had it's original price tag on the bottom ($7.95) so never been used, for only $1! It's huge (well, bigger than a normal mug), and has red stars and gold dots on it and is really fine china (I do like my tea out of fine china!) and I'm really pleased with it (you may have guessed this!)

So come on, what's your best op shop bargain?

Guest Guest5035

My MIL loves op shops, i reckon she has shares in them, what have i bought, a climbing Geranium which started off as a small cutting for $1 and now covers all my brush fencing.

stevo

Guest lastboyscout

I bought 3 Musingwear (Penguin) polo shirts for $1.50 each, they are like rocking horse ****e in the UK , but I think my Mossimo jeans come in 2nd place for $5 and my bargain of the Op shop scene has to be my RM Williams boot cut jeans that still had the price tag on for $125 and I got them for $6 ;)

My wife knows all the good ones round here ;)

Guest Guest5035

Save The Children at ridghaven/St Agnes is our fave, the Salvos have gone expensive

Stevo

my daughter out loud in meningie op shop.....Mum everythings so cheap here.....Me........Frown shhhh. She was so pleased to buy a big chunky jumper for $1.50 and my book which I had been going to buy for $30 new was there for 20 c :) so a pot of apricot jam was purchased for my mother. Strangest site in an op shop in Bute...a window full of flipsided toasters, in a town that comprises about four streets.

I bought 3 Musingwear (Penguin) polo shirts for $1.50 each, they are like rocking horse ****e in the UK , but I think my Mossimo jeans come in 2nd place for $5 and my bargain of the Op shop scene has to be my RM Williams boot cut jeans that still had the price tag on for $125 and I got them for $6 ;)

I could possiblly take a dislike to you now lol what a bargain :notworthy:

I do find myself in op shops thinking that things are too expensive! I always look at the childrens clothes and think they are over priced. Got some great bargains in the UK tho - a NEXT union jack applique tshirt for one of my boys the week before we got on the plane, and they all had their England shirts or some other memorabilia to travel in.

My best bargain so far clothes wise has been buying pretty much all my DD's clothes since she was born from another PIA member.

*note to self: need to check out stuff for the winter*

Guest moonraker1959

I love cups and saucers,and recently found a rather nice looking cup and saucer.Looked brand new,and on further inspection,still had the store sticker on.Was originally £14.99,brought for a bargain price of £1.50!! I also brought a bespoke hand made wrought iron towel rack,looks extremely nice for £13,well worth it though.