Warning for dog owners in southern suburbs

sduffy

A couple of the dog rescue websites i go on have warned that apparently some monster has been baiting dogs at Aldinga,Moana and Port Noarlunga.The word is that they have been wrapping offal around puffer fish.Four dogs have died as a result.

Please keep your dogs on leads,so you can see if they might pick anything up.

Cant begin to think what sort of warped mind would contemplate doing something so horrible.

Be careful.

Sue xx

Thanks so much for this information, all the places I take my dog and more than often off lead, I shall keep any

eye out thanks again Michelle ( some real sickos out there)

A couple of the dog rescue websites i go on have warned that apparently some monster has been baiting dogs at Aldinga,Moana and Port Noarlunga.The word is that they have been wrapping offal around puffer fish.Four dogs have died as a result.

Please keep your dogs on leads,so you can see if they might pick anything up.

Cant begin to think what sort of warped mind would contemplate doing something so horrible.

Be careful.

Sue xx

I can't believe someone would go round doing this! a particular worry as our Dylan the greedy bugger would eat owt he finds whilst out walking. lets hope this sicko gets caught soon...would restorative justice laws allow me 10 minutes alone with them in a room??? they wouldnt do it again, of that you can be sure!

If the baiting story was true I'm sure it would have been reported somewhere wouldn't it?

I tend to agree with Sue; lots of things never make it into the media.

Whether this particular report is true or not doesn't really matter, IMO. If even one person learns something i.e. that puffer fish carcasses are dangerous if ingested by dogs, then it was worthwhile.

And while we're mentioning potential hazards on the beach...look out for hooks, line and those tiny blue-ring octopus (don't panic, there aren't heaps of them, but they can be found in/near rocks, discarded bottles or cans etc and they can be lethal).

Having dogs is a lot like having kids (but, in my case, waaay cheaper lol) if they are off-leash you need to keep an eye on what they're up to!

LC