Christies beach or littlehampton

Helenwestwickham

Hi all would just really appreciate some points of view !!

We are looking for a rental and have narrowed it down to 2 !!

1 in littlehampton great primary school and beautiful hills

or

2 christies beach rental on esplanade with the stunning ocean to gaze at but not sure about the primary school ?!

So confused

weve be only been in adelaide for 3 weeks so still trying to find our way around !!

I have a home in Christies beach and the changes and development of this suburb during the past few years has been an eye opener.

The Christies Beach primary school in Beach road was refurbished with money from the nation building programme. I don't know anything about the standards of the school... I don't personally know anyone who sends their children there and although it's 100m from my home, everyone who has stayed there sends their kids to Port Noarlunga primary which is 900m away from my house.

I do know about Port Noarlunga primary school. My grandson goes to the kindy there. Port Noarlunga primary was also rebuilt with $4.5 million from the nation building programme. There are many people on this site who send their children there.

Another option would be St Johns primary in O Sullivan's Beach. O Sullivans as a suburb gets a bad rap but the school doesn't.

Hope that this helps...just telling it as it is.

Agree with NicF. If commute is near equal and you like both I'd go with which you like more. One thing that would swing it one way or the other for me would be school. If I loved one and wasn't so hot on the other, I'd go with the school preference. I'd not be content with a school I wasn't totally happy with for a long term move.

Hi

We arrived in Littlehampton 2 years ago. My children were 11 and 8 at that time. Littlehampton school were amazing they helped to settle the children very quickly. I can't praise the school enough. The area is beautiful with lots to do, the amenities around Mount Barker are excellent.

I'm biased because I love the southern suburbs and their proximity to stunning beaches, but I would prefer Christies. It is transforming almost week by week; the schools (primary and secondary) are meant to be mediocre, but Port Noarlunga primary is good, and there are a few really good fee paying high schools nearby.

With the Southern Expressway you would be OK commuting from Christies Beach (Beach Rd exit) or if you would like more for your rental money - possibly Port Noarlunga South or Seaford - at the end of expressway. It will be under 10 mins more time commuting to CBD, but your dollar would go much further besides you get less undesirable characters you might still encounter at Christies Bch. And much quieter (in case you are not a fan of hustle and bustle).