Couple new to Adelaide from the UK, looking for some new friends....

Guest Tom and Karen

Guest Tom and Karen

Hi Everyone,

We have just moved from the UK (9th Jan) and thought we'd give this a try to see if we can meet any other couples / singles in a similar position.

We don't know anybody in Adelaide and left all our friends and family back in England.

We are based in Largs North (near Semaphore) for the interim period but have yet to decide where will settle permanently.

If anyone would like to meet up for a drink (beer or coffee) or have any open plans for Australia Day then let us know????

Hello, welcome to both the forum and Adelaide - good choices all round :)

We've just moved down to McLaren Vale but I love the area you're in. Semaphore is one of my favourite beaches. I hope you settle quickly.

There are lots of free things going on on Australia Day; we're heading into the City to take part in the Mini Tour For Kids.

Guest MandiMR2

Hello Tom & Karen & welcome to PIA!

My partner & I will be moving out very soon, March 1st & cannot wait!! & like you we will be keen to make new friends. We are staying in Melrose Park for a short while & would love to meet up when we're there. My partner is also an electrician so he may be in touch to pick your brains Tom!!

Take good care, Mandi x

Hey Tom and Karen,

Welcome to Adelaide ..Im quite new to the forum too. My partner and I moved here towards the end of last year and are trying to find new friends as we too left family and friends back home. We are away Australia Day but PM if u fancy a beer another time.

Cheers Leon and Jess

Hi everyone and welcome, we've met our good friends through this site, we're based at West Lakes and i'm thinking of sorting out a meet up at West Lakes hotel in a few weeks, what i'll do is sort a post out soon as i've been contacted by a couple of new people who are all in the same position.

Largs is a lovely place to live we were fishing at the beach at Semaphore last weekend after going to the greek festival.

I'll let you know soon what i can arrange.

Debbie

Guest Jodieannie

Hi all, we moved to Semaphore in October from Brisbane (moved there from Scotland five years ago) and love it. Could do with making some friends in the area though. Were a bit older than most of you and have teenage kids(although my hubby still acts like a teenager) and would love to meet some fellow Brits. Please give us a shout when you all meet up, love to come along and meet you all :)

Jodie and Steve

HI all

My wife and I and 3 boys are arriving on 13th February for 2 weeks to carry out a reccie. It would be great to meet some of you and pick your brains about your experiences. We will be staying in Unley but have a hire car so not bothered about the meeting place. Our kids are 17,15&11 and we are in our early ish 40s.

I am also an electrician and would like to have a chat about the pending difficulties ahead of me.

Regards

Shaun and Karina

Guest Jodieannie

Hi Shaun and Katrina,

We would be more than happy to meet up with you and your family when your over, see if we can help in any way. Let us know when your coming and I'll pm you our number. Unley isn't too far from us and Semaphore is a gorgeous beach for you to see.

keep in touch and hopefully catch up next month.

Cheers Jodie

Hi Shaun and Katrina,

We would be more than happy to meet up with you and your family when your over, see if we can help in any way. Let us know when your coming and I'll pm you our number. Unley isn't too far from us and Semaphore is a gorgeous beach for you to see.

keep in touch and hopefully catch up next month.

Cheers Jodie

HI Jodie

That sounds great we will be over on 13th Feb to the 28th.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jodie

Well we are finally here and just getting over the jet lag. We did bring the rain with us but now it seems to have brightened up again.

If you still want to meet up for a coffee or beer call us in (phone removed as per forum rules). We are here until the 28th, no worries if it doesn't work with your plans,

Regards

Shaun & Karina

Edited by snifter

• 3 months later...
Guest ClaireAndAnt

Hi

My husband and I are completely new to PomsInAdelaide! We moved over in August last year and now we've settled in, we too think it would be good to make some friends. If you want to catch up for a drink or know of any organised meet ups just let us know. We're at West Lakes so not far away at all.

Claire