My Say

Guest ali@51

Guest ali@51

My Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly I would like to say thank you to Pete for closing down Morgan’s thread. He fights his own battles and made me promise not to post on it. So I haven’t!!!!

I have however unlike Morgan I have been reading the replies with great interest. Several things come to mind very rapidly.

Morgan’s post was not rude or aggressive or threatening in the slightest. I know Morgan I know how he words things and his post was none of the above. If this statement strikes you as slightly ridiculous it should. How ever it will be ringing big bells for someone right now.

I do however think that Morgan’s post was not threatening or aggressive, rude I might agree to but then again he was slightly annoyed.

To discus things nicely is a 2 way street. Morgan is not and never has been an idiot or slightly slow. If you pay him lip service and do not address all of the points for “discussion” just what suits you. It will put his back up.

Also playing post and delete may be fun for those with the power but for those who don’t it dose up the anti. Hot heads will rule. The deleted posts were admittedly slightly childish but not disruptive or rude in anyway. Brinkmanship is also a fun game, not Morgan’s strong point and he has undoubtedly been beaten on that one.

Certain people have made statements that infer they know what this is about. Sorry no you don’t. Please don’t make assumptions. It leaves us thinking one of 2 things:-

1. You are talking through your hat about things that you know nothing about or

2. Their has been a serious breach of confidentiality

Take your pick of the above options I wouldn’t like either very much!

For those of you who think their isn’t a clique on this forum wake up and smell the coffee. It even has a rather unpleasant name!! I am sure this will illicit some Oh no their isn’t reply’s, but before you all convince your self their isn’t and it is all a figment of my overheated imagination it is not just my opinion and it isn’t one that has been newly expressed to me. I know of a fair few people who don’t post on here anymore because of it.

I don’t think I will be posting again either particularly after having been enlightened as to what some parts of the Aussie community think to this sight. Having seen some of these reply’s I can see why. Have fun replying whist the thread lasts. I’m sure if you try hard enough you can convince yourselves their is not clique and you are all wonderful nice non patronizing people.

ali

Guest Catherine

Well said Ali, it's a shame that the moderators on here cannot distinguish the difference between confusing and offensive posts. Although I have not been privvy to the contents of personal messages I have seen the calibre of posts before they were removed and they were definately not offensive, mischevious yes but not offensive.

What I found unusual was they way that other members are allowed to discredit posts and posters after posts have been removed, is there no wonder people are confused. Instead of all the grandstanding, the moderators should have removed the whole thread but hey ho that is my opinion and sorry if it offends.

Just a thought though maybe the reason behind the threads not being removed is to increase membership numbers, who knows, notice the number of views they get, over all others.

Anyway in answer to a question raised on another thread since closed. The 'custard court' that is referred to is a migration forum that this one and most of it's current members were based on, www.adelaidebrits.com They even have a section dedicated to deabte so I'm sure Morgan would enjoy some civilised debate asI'm sure would a number of others.

Have a nice day chaps.

Instead of all the grandstanding, the moderators should have removed the whole thread but hey ho that is my opinion and sorry if it offends.

I am afraid we are in a no win situation, if we put a stop to it straight away we are wrong if we let it go on we get slated for letting people possibly going too far.

I have intentionally stayed out the recent events as i tend to say what i think and maybe say something that will offend. Pete has tried to calm things down in his usual way and i think has been a credit to the forum and he gets slated which is not right.

While some comments may not be intended to be too personal the trouble with it someone could always take it the wrong way.

Everyone will have a different opinion and every one is entitled to an opinion but no one should be shot for having one.

I certainly hope that everybody gets back to offering advice and feedback on life here both the good points and the bad and personal issues are left off the forum.

No doubt as usual everytime a moderator says or posts anything they are slated but everyone says they would not be a moderator because of the stick we take but at times it really is a no win situation

Guest sarahsmartiepants
My Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan’s post was not rude or aggressive or threatening in the slightest. I know Morgan I know how he words things and his post was none of the above. If this statement strikes you as slightly ridiculous it should. How ever it will be ringing big bells for someone right now.

This statement hits the nail on the head "you know Morgan" well of course you do you are married to him. That means you know exactly WHAT and HOW he said it. How can he possibly know everyone that posted on that thread and know for sure they were being abusive?

For those of you who think their isn’t a clique on this forum wake up and smell the coffee. It even has a rather unpleasant name!! I am sure this will illicit some Oh no their isn’t reply’s, but before you all convince your self their isn’t and it is all a figment of my overheated imagination it is not just my opinion and it isn’t one that has been newly expressed to me. I know of a fair few people who don’t post on here anymore because of it.

I can see where people come from when they think there is a clique on a forum, as there are friendship groups among forum members. That is life unfortunatly, there is always someone who feels left out by this especially when they have moved round the world and have no friens at the moment, but not to post because of it??

ali

Guest ali@51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali@51 viewpost.gif

My Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This statement hits the nail on the head "you know Morgan" well of course you do you are married to him. That means you know exactly WHAT and HOW he said it. How can he possibly know everyone that posted on that thread and know for sure they were being abusive?

Your quite right sarah! but you really should read posts properly before you jump in trying to put people down. This was the reason given for some of your posts not being rude and patronizing. You will note it says if this statment strikes you as slightly rediculous it should.

Quote:

I can see where people come from when they think there is a clique on a forum, as there are friendship groups among forum members. That is life unfortunatly, there is always someone who feels left out by this especially when they have moved round the world and have no friens at the moment, but not to post because of it??

Their you go again making assuptions about how other people feel and react to certain situations! If you have a group of people acting as a pack it dose put people off posting particulaly if it is an oppinion opposit to the people in that group. I don't think weather or not you have friends is particulsy relivent, but then again i wouldn't know. Prehaps this is somthing you have pearsonal experiance of, in which case please post it might help those who arn't quite confident enough to post to do so.

ali

Guest jill wright
My Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly I would like to say thank you to Pete for closing down Morgan’s thread. He fights his own battles and made me promise not to post on it. So I haven’t!!!!

I have however unlike Morgan I have been reading the replies with great interest. Several things come to mind very rapidly.

I do however think that Morgan’s post was not threatening or aggressive, rude I might agree to but then again he was slightly annoyed.

To discus things nicely is a 2 way street. Morgan is not and never has been an idiot or slightly slow. If you pay him lip service and do not address all of the points for “discussion” just what suits you. It will put his back up.

Also playing post and delete may be fun for those with the power but for those who don’t it dose up the anti. Hot heads will rule. The deleted posts were admittedly slightly childish but not disruptive or rude in anyway. Brinkmanship is also a fun game, not Morgan’s strong point and he has undoubtedly been beaten on that one.

Certain people have made statements that infer they know what this is about. Sorry no you don’t. Please don’t make assumptions. It leaves us thinking one of 2 things:-

I don’t think I will be posting again either particularly after having been enlightened as to what some parts of the Aussie community think to this sight. Having seen some of these reply’s I can see why. Have fun replying whist the thread lasts. I’m sure if you try hard enough you can convince yourselves their is not clique and you are all wonderful nice non patronizing people.

ali

I must say Ali this doesn't read or look like one of your posts are you sure its your own work?Didn't read the thread you all seem to be banging on about but good luck anyway

jill

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Quote:

Originally Posted by ali@51 viewpost.gif

Your quite right sarah! but you really should read posts properly before you jump in trying to put people down. This was the reason given for some of your posts not being rude and patronizing. You will note it says if this statment strikes you as slightly rediculous it should.

I dont understand this quote Ali, I have read and re read it, I think the part where you say I dont read posts properly and jump in and put them down is not right, I dont do that, I do tell it like it is in my opinion, that is what websites are about, havent you two just done the same, you clearly didnt read my post properly.

What I would like to know is am I rude and patronising or not? It is not clear enough for me.

I am now left wondering, you said you had reported posts to the mods YOU THOUGHT were offensive to Deb and mentioned the Hallett Cove clique. Two and two together...it was me you complaining about with you good christian values. You have never met me, yet PRESUME to know what I mean and think when I post.

You have done the exact same thing you acuse me of.:)

Quote:

Their you go again making assuptions about how other people feel and react to certain situations! If you have a group of people acting as a pack it dose put people off posting particulaly if it is an oppinion opposit to the people in that group. I don't think weather or not you have friends is particulsy relivent, but then again i wouldn't know. Prehaps this is somthing you have pearsonal experiance of, in which case please post it might help those who arn't quite confident enough to post to do so.

ali

As for making asumptions they arent asumptions they are what real people have told me over the 2 1/2 years I have been here. Dont forget Ali, when I came I had no friends, I arrived in a country where I knew no one. Just like the majority of other people so I really do believe if you have no friends at the time it can LOOK like a clique. You have to get out there and meet people.

What really annoys me here is you say we are acting as a pack. Get a grip,you have it totally wrong. PRESUMING agian look where it gets you!

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Sometimes the more adult thing to do is to walk away and draw a line under it, often people are like a dog with a bone , it takes more courage to let it drop. :):wubclub::cute::)
YEP THATS ME CANT BE BOTHERED ANY MORE PATHETIC AND ALL THAT.

I dont know everything but try to help out being here 2 1/2 years. Will continue to try.

Will not be stopped by a bully with christian values who cant even post uncer his own name and hides behind his wife.

People who know me know know who I am and those that dont, I hope they read my posts as what they are, my expiriences and if they help you then good.

sarah

Guest Django

When I suggested to Morgan that I know how people word things he told me I was being ridiculous. Therefore, using the same train of thought this statement is also ridiculous.

The deleted posts were admittedly slightly childish but not disruptive or rude in anyway.

So its acceptable to boast that you have upset 14 people enough to either pm me to complain or pm me to tell me they want to leave the forum. He also wrongly assumed that these people had posted on 'that thread'. In fact only one of them had.

Their has been a serious breach of confidentiality

I'd like to know where. I told Morgan that I would discuss the matter with the other mods. He didn't complain so I did. Morgan did ask for the PMs from the 14 upset members to be fowarded to him so he could print them off and put them on his wall. I of course refused.

As I have said before and Ian stated above. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. If people thought about what they post then happy days.

Pete

PS I thought the same Jill

Guest Nick11

Morgan did ask for the PMs from the 14 upset members to be fowarded to him so he could print them off and put them on his wall. I of course refused.

I am absolutely speechless.

That is disgraceful.

Again Pete - I think this thread should be closed.

It's a no win situation again:arghh::arghh:

Guest Django

Nick,

If I close the thread then the 'free speech' brigade will slate me or I will be seen as heavy handed. If I don't then people will slate me for not doing so and letting it turn into a free for all slanging match.

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Morgan did ask for the PMs from the 14 upset members to be fowarded to him so he could print them off and put them on his wall. I of course refused.

I am absolutely speechless.

That is disgraceful.

Again Pete - I think this thread should be closed.

It's a no win situation again:arghh::arghh:

Oh my god he is mad:mad:.

Oh shi*** i said i was not going to post:arghh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Nick,

If I close the thread then the 'free speech' brigade will slate me or I will be seen as heavy handed. If I don't then people will slate me for not doing so and letting it turn into a free for all slanging match.

Pete

well maybe there wil lbe those interested to see his TRUE COLOURS!

My Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ali

No disrespect Ali....................but come out Morgie........are you man or mouse, if you want to say something , be man enough to say it under your own name:)

Guest Nick11
Nick,

Pete

I know its been said many times this week Pete - but you're a star, good laugh and a great guy.

The wisdom of solomn:biglaugh:

Morgan did ask for the PMs from the 14 upset members to be fowarded to him so he could print them off and put them on his wall.

Sounds like hes been watching too much Dexter to me !:)

Guest ali@51
I was fed up with the TV - olympics and all not being of much interest to me really, missing my normal viewing - but hey, this ongoing sage is as entertaining as any good TV drama!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

worth starting this thread just for this.

However now everyone is up and reacting just as I said they would I'm going to follow someones advice and draw a line under it.

My last word on this is that I can't prove it is me as I don't have a web cam. All I can say is morgan is at work and last time I went to the loo I was definatly female.

Guest Django
However now everyone is up and reacting just as I said they would I'm going to follow someones advice and draw a line under it.

Well, seeing as OP wants to draw a line under it, it makes my life easier.

Topic closed. Now lets get back to normal.

Pete