What is cheaper and what is dearer??

Guest SA Great

Guest Rob&SamThomas

Hi

We arrived in Adelaide in June and are waiting for our container. There are companies that you can rent things from like beds, washing machines etc. which we have done which has made it a bit easier.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is always a reason things are cheaper, look at the construction of the houses, they are made of metal framework or wood, laid on metal cement base, not real foundation, no insulation, no double glazing, you hear everything thats going on in the next room, paper thing walls, thats why they are cheap, my brother is a builder, he wouldnt believe it if he came over here and saw they way the put the houses up! Amazing. But thats why they are cheaper.

Have a bit of good news, Hubby and I went to the home and craft show the other day down at the show grounds and YES THERE WAS A DOUBLE GLAZING COMPANY, we are over the moon harrased him no-end for information his website is www.doubleglazed.com and he's situated south of Adelaide.

Wish there were cheaper lawn mowers I miss my hover flymo lawn-mower from the uk, the cheapest I've seen here is $200 for an electric one and I'm not keen on those heavy wheeled lawnmowers with a box behind lawnmowers.

Julie

Have a bit of good news, Hubby and I went to the home and craft show the other day down at the show grounds and YES THERE WAS A DOUBLE GLAZING COMPANY, we are over the moon harrased him no-end for information his website is www.doubleglazed.com and he's situated south of Adelaide.

Wish there were cheaper lawn mowers I miss my hover flymo lawn-mower from the uk, the cheapest I've seen here is $200 for an electric one and I'm not keen on those heavy wheeled lawnmowers with a box behind lawnmowers.

Julie

Its all petrol over here Julie, Bunnings have some good priced mowers.

HG