jomark

OMG How Much

Now im all for having a little treat and paying abit extra for things from home but i think this is taking the P:nah:...just walked past the deli in Collonades and spotted a tin of Quality Street for a whopping $55.00:chatterbox::chatterbox:

I like my choc but not this much...so whos going to treat themselves then????

Jo

Guest Debbie

Nah i see them every year and every year i walk straight past them hehe

yet when i was in UK earlier this year didnt even think to want or buy any ! funny isnt it

Guest Im Here

OMG You sure it was $55 :chatterbox: i wonder how many they sell at that price.

Guest guest3462

OMG!!!! That is just ridiculous! Much like the cost of all imported UK groceries. I have to say that when we go back to sort our shipping, i'll be putting loads of bisto, crisps and whatever else tickles my fancy in there too!!!

Ha, its funny, I spend 99.9% of my time wanting to be here in Aus and the other 0.1% wishing I could do some decent shopping!!!

Guest mayjess

OMG, I knew choc was expensive there but $55 !!! Asda had them last week 2 tins 7 quid, good job Im on a diet!

Mayjess

Guest soggy

Well, we are 9 posts into a inocent thread about the price of chocolates, and no slanging match, not even one insult:shocked:, it will never last.:):):)

Simon

Well, we are 9 posts into a inocent thread about the price of chocolates, and no slanging match, not even one insult:shocked:, it will never last.

Simon

As soon as it turns we will close it , zero tolerance time to get tough......:policeman:

HG

Convert to Allens Jelly beans,or any of the Natural Confectionary Co. delights.Total heaven,and then there is Arnotts,Yum Yum.

Guest ben&sharon
    Convert to Allens Jelly beans,or any of the Natural Confectionary Co. delights.Total heaven,and then there is Arnotts,Yum Yum.

Oh yeah! And Campbell's have got 500g bags of Natural Confectionery for $1.49 at the moment - I fear for my teeth........... ;);)

Guest LOOBYLOO

We always had Quality Street and Roses on Xmas plates throughout the house back in Scotland (paid max £5 a large tin & didn't have to worry about those pesky ants) but doesn't bother me over here in the heat. Second Christmas here & still trying to get my head round it as it doesn't feel right - only started Xmas shopping today!! Normally would be all wrapped and ready to go in UK.

If it gives anyone hope...last year, quite early on in the season, Target sold boxes of Quality Street for a price that was comparable to a box of Favourites.

So don't give up hope! (Mind you that was the first time I had seen them over here so perhaps it won't happen again.)

:)LC

Guest Nat

Just been on the lolly shop in Hallett Cove and they're selling a tin of quality street for only $49.95, obviously a bargain compared to the other shop. :biglaugh:

I'll stick to my ferrero rochers I think. mmmmm. Now just need somewhere cold to hide them from the rest of the family!