Lol63

where to buy....

Anyone know where I can get a couple of cheap wardrobes, I only need them for a few months as when we buy our new house it will have built-ins, so don't wanna pay top dollar, we are in the south subs. Cheap n cheerful is what i'm after.

Thanx xx

Guest WoodMartin

We got the following from Ikea because we too did not want to spend loads. You can miss out some shelves and there is a hanging rail if you need that rather than all shelves.

http://cebas.ikea.com.au/prod_template4.asp?product_id=32330&se_id=37&page_id=98923300251009&Cat=25&Scat=91[url=http://cebas.ikea.com.au/prod_template4.asp?product_id=32330&se_id=37&page_id=98923300251009&Cat=25&Scat=91][/url]

Ali

Also worth checking out some of the larger Salvos and other Op shops - then when you don't need them any more you can donate them back! I went past one yesterday (somewhere between Grange Road and Henley Beach Road on Tapleys Hill Road I think) that was like a Salvo's Warehouse.

Try Ebay Au,and narrow the search to 10 or 25 km on the distance tab,there is quite a few on there,or the advertiser on Friday has some cheap ones in good nick.ATB Sue.

Guest Here at last!

How about those cheap rails from Kmart or Target if it's only for a few months.

Guest Aussie pat
    How about those cheap rails from Kmart or Target if it's only for a few months.

In the past I've managed with these really well on a temporary basis. They are also easier to store or dispose of when they are no longer needed.

Guest missebby

Hi there, there are plenty of useful site to get cheap or even free furnature in Adelaide there are a few yahoo groups such as Freecycle and Free and Cheap and then there is Gumtree which is a free classified site for Adelaide

if you only want them for a few months try le cornu.dont think their gear lasts much longer
    Luv it,i do not like that Gaff !

Also worth checking out some of the larger Salvos and other Op shops - then when you don't need them any more you can donate them back! I went past one yesterday (somewhere between Grange Road and Henley Beach Road on Tapleys Hill Road I think) that was like a Salvo's Warehouse.

Spot -on: that's the St Vincent de Paul's warehouse opposite the Findon Shopping Centre- the best selection of 2nd hand furniture in Adelaide (and I think they will even deliver for a small donation). Also worth looking at the Salvos warehouse on Cavan Rd.

Everyone uses Op Shops in Adelaide for this sort of thing:-good clean gear, no stigma and everyone (+the environment) benefits.

JB:v_SPIN:

Guest rachel23

best and cheapest - get The Advertiser on a Friday and look at the classifieds.... so many for sale and great quality...

next best.... adelaide.gumtree.com.au

then 2nd hand furniture dealers... there are a few big ones on Port Road (city end)

150 Port Road is one, and then there is another big one almost dead opposite that

There is a great 2nd hand dealer just off South Road... 2nd Hand Interior Furniture, 35 Raglan Road... he has great things, but not quite as cheap as the newspaper... but definitely a hell of a lot cheaper than le cornu and other shops like ikea!!!

there is another good 2nd hand place on Marion Road, just after the junction with cross road (closed Tues)

hope this helps...

all the best!

Anyone know where I can get a couple of cheap wardrobes, I only need them for a few months as when we buy our new house it will have built-ins, so don't wanna pay top dollar, we are in the south subs. Cheap n cheerful is what i'm after.

Thanx xx

We have a couple of the zip up Ikea metal rail/blue things you're welome to borrow if you like.

They've been stashed in a cupboard for the past 2 years!

Justin.