Where are all the single people?!

Nette

Guest emmapickles

Hey all,

Me and Sophie thought maybe the Highway for a change from the city. It's on the Anzac Highway half way between the city and Glenelg. It has a cool beer garden - which would be good if we get another weekend like the last one!! Maybe meet at 8pm there? We can do the City if it's hard for people to get to tho.

Em - will text you xx

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Soph84
I can get to the Highway on Saturday - is anyone on FB so we know who to look for?

Hey Lisa I think i just sent you a private message with my details if it doesn't come through let me know and I'll send it again.

Hopefully see you at the Highway on Saturday

Guest spark_luke

hey guys, i just arrived in adelaide on a working holiday visa, has anyone got any plans for the weekend? it'd be cool to catch up with you guys sometime!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone out this weekend? I'm itchin for a drink an got no one to drink with! poor situation to be in :(

Hi mate. Only just got to this post. Am free next weekend though so if you fancy a beer let me know. Never one to turn down the opportunity of a night out! I got here in April and am originally from London/Kent.

Guest Mitchell
Hi mate. Only just got to this post. Am free next weekend though so if you fancy a beer let me know. Never one to turn down the opportunity of a night out! I got here in April and am originally from London/Kent.

Hiya John

I'm free next weekend for a beer. Let me know a time and place and I'll work out how to get there. I've been here nearly 4 weeks and am from Dorset.

Hiya John

I'm free next weekend for a beer. Let me know a time and place and I'll work out how to get there. I've been here nearly 4 weeks and am from Dorset.

Hi Leigh and Mitchel. This weekend I am now looking for a place to live (!) but next weekend i.e. 15th/16th should be good. Somewhere central might be an idea e.g. Glenelg or CBD unless you have any other suggestions? Glad the weather has turned at last - thought winter would never end!

Guest Mitchell

CBD would be easier for me as I live t'up north. It should be easier for me to monitor the site for going out next weekend as I get broadband installed this Friday! Woo Hoo! Which night would be easier for you Friday or Saturday?

Saturday's probably the better of the two but either is okay at the moment. Notice you're a 457 - I'm a 475. Wahay! Not sure why I went, 'wahay!' but a-hem...anyway. I seem to remember yours is a company sponsored I think? I'm here on a 3 year skilled. Gives me the opportunity of becoming permanent after 2 years :) Not too familiar with the north being a southerner (in both senses!) As you've just arrived I'm guessing you've yet to experience the mossies? :/

Guest Mitchell

Hiya John, Saturday night it is then! As I've never been out in the city yet I'll leave it to you to suggest a venue.

Yes I'm employer sponsored but 457 is only for up to 4 years. Oppertunity to become perm after 2 years but I don't want to wait that long. Discussions with HR and their Visa Agent end of the month to sort through my options to get it through sooner. Yes I have met the mossies when I was in WA 4 years ago and I'm alergic! I have so much anti-bug stuff in my house you wouldn't believe it! lol

Cool.

I think most British people are allergic. I have major problems too. I am literally the one in the group that stops everyone else from being bitten. I then swell up like a football for days on end. Nice :/

Where's Leigh in this discussion? He seems to have gone quiet. Leigh!

I'm here. I may be abke to make the 16th but will know later in the week. I've got a busy 2 weeks coming up though but will try and make it.

I've been suffering with mossie bites too. Have had huge purple spots over me where they've swollen. Managed tonget rid of them now and plan to keep it that way. Never without repellent now haha.

Am dying to meet some people so fingers crossed I can make the 16th.

Guest Mitchell

So we're settled on Saturday the 16th, but we need to decide where people. I don't know the names of anything in the city so can someone suggest somewhere? So long as they sell alcohol she'll be right! lol