Where are all the single people?!

Nette

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sturg

I would def be interested as I have been here 4 weeks and have only really spoken to people at work! Let me know where & when & I'll be there.

Paul

Guest Geordie Lad

Landing on Monday 28th for who knows how many years and initially living in an apartment in the city so will definitely be interested in some late night sessions catching some world cup action!! Will keep an eye on the thread, hopefully meet some of you!!

Think you can guess where I am from by the name!!

Guest New2SA

26th it is then! How about we meet outside the Slug and Lettuce at 8?

Radelaide • Slug 'N' Lettuce British Pub

I know we are in Aus and can't hang around a British pub all night so how about we start there and make it a bit of a pub crawl? Not that I can recommend many places but hopefully between us we can figure it out.

See you then!

26th it is then! How about we meet outside the Slug and Lettuce at 8?

Radelaide • Slug 'N' Lettuce British Pub

I know we are in Aus and can't hang around a British pub all night so how about we start there and make it a bit of a pub crawl? Not that I can recommend many places but hopefully between us we can figure it out.

See you then!

theres a few of us poms meeting up there tonight if anyone would like to go along :)

Guest emmapickles

Brilliant! Me and Charlie will be there at 8 on the 26th. We know a few places to go so should be fun. My mobile number is 0404 243 168.

See you then!

Emmax

Guest sturg

Is there anyone coming from South West Adelaide on 26th as it would be a good idea to share a taxi? Look's to me that Parafields Gardens is someway north & from my experience a taxi from the city to Mawson Lakes is $35!

Also, do you realise IF England win the group then they will be playing 4am Sunday morning!

Not 100% sure if I can go yet, but I will be coming from South of the city. I will probably catch the train as it only cost $2. Saves $30.00 for a taxi.... If theres no train station near you.PM me and I could always pick you up, if I can go and then go on the train together from Port Adelaide!!!!

Hope to be able to go, if not I hope there will be another one soon!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest emmapickles

Whoops just assumed the pub was in the city! Any chance we can do it in the city instead if it's easier for everyone to get to? We're Glenelg so otherwise it would be quite a hike. Let us know anyway. Emma

Guest emmapickles

Haha that's funny!!!:-) Glad we cleared it up:-) Cool, yeah we know the Elephant. See you all at 8 on Sat. If we could make it til 4am for the footie that would be a miracle but always willing to give it a try:-)

xx

Such a shame I can't make it on Saturday due to work. I know that this is a bit in the future but if all goes well on Sat. I propose a night out on Sat 17th July... My first free Sat.

Let me know what happens and whether anyone will be up for it?????

Have a great night.

Guest oakey81

Hi only just joined this the forum... me and a mate are headin into town on sat night, would be good to meet a few new people, might pop in, are you guys still meeting up?

Michael

Guest emmapickles

Hi Michael,

Yeah we're still meeting up. We'll be at the Elephant at 8 or give me a ring on my mobile and we'll let you know where we are - 0404 243 168.

See you then,

Emma

Guest oakey81
Hi Michael,

Yeah we're still meeting up. We'll be at the Elephant at 8 or give me a ring on my mobile and we'll let you know where we are - 0404 243 168.

See you then,

Emma

Soz emma, think we are just gonna go to Glenelg for a bit as it is relatively local and works out cheaper, would definately be keen if you have another get together in the future...

I'm 28 and generally go out with my younger brothers (18 & 19) need to start meetin a few people my age haha!

I'll keep an eye on this forum

Have a good night :)

Guest Geordie Lad

Hi All

Now arrived in Adelaide and brought the good old English weather with me today, LOL!

Sorry about that. Cannot believe that on my first night in Adelaide the news described it as 'the coldest night in Adelaide in a year'.

Anyway, back to the topic, if anyone is out and about this Saturday it would be good to meet up for a drink or a few!!

:-)

Guest emmapickles

Welcome to Adelaide!! Yeah the weather has been pretty shocking recently. The summers make it worth it tho:-)

I'm away this weekend sorry but I think we're meeting up on the 17th if you're free then?

Have fun settling in!

Emma

Guest Britralian

Hi all,

I'm a 27 year old woman and I just arrived a couple of weeks ago. Is it the 17th July that you're meeting? Mind if I tag along?

I should warn you that I'm not a true Brit - I've been living in England for the past several years but I'm actually originally an Adelaidian. I've lost touch with some old friends from Adelaide, others have coupled up etc. so, I'm keen to meet some new people.

Do I count as an Honorary Pom in Adelaide?

Guest Britralian

I think we're meeting next Saturday 17th July at 8pm but not sure if the location has been decided. Are people still up for that?

How about The Austral pub on Rundle Street?