Where are all the single people?!

Nette

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm single and always up for meeting new people, especially the ladies......but if there's beer involved i'm there! are you guys having a meet up soon at all?

Hiya. Looks like the 16th in CBD. And it looks like the Belgian Beer Cafe....!

Oh Christ. The Belgian Beer Cafe! Good choice though I was slaughtered last time I went there. Learnt my lesson though so will not be ordering the larger of the glasses of Leffe. People were actually taking photos of our beers they were so big. Now that should have been a warning...

So we're settled on Saturday the 16th, but we need to decide where people. I don't know the names of anything in the city so can someone suggest somewhere? So long as they sell alcohol she'll be right! lol

I agree with Leigh. The Belgian Beer Cafe is a good choice. Nice outside seating area too if the weather is good. Though it sounds like we'll all be bringing Aeroguard in that case. Although I am now on Bushman Plus. Seems to have been working so far and is odourless which means I don't smell like a lemon :err:

Just chiming in that I've always enjoyed a drink in the Belgian Beer Cafe when we've been in town. Hubby took me there one night a few years back and the Legend himself wandered past us. Hubby duly muttered as he passed "Legend" and nodded. Moi? I was wondering what the hell he was on about and then twigged about an hour later.

Good article explaining all (see bottom half about the man himself and his place in Adelaide history) Adelaidean -- 100 reasons to cheer a proud history

And the website of the team, named after the legend himself Blacks

I'm going to try my hardest to make it on Saturday but I'm currently on the hunt for a job and I may have to go to a function to socilaise with potential employers, which is quite important but it's in the city so I may be able to meet afterwards.

I will PM one of you my number when I get on the laptop so I can let you know Saturday.

Hi folks, I'm Pete, been in Adelaide a couple of years now, London for 15 prior to that. Would you mind if I tagged along to the Belgian Beer Cafe on Saturday? What time you meeting?

cheers

Guest Mitchell
Hi folks, I'm Pete, been in Adelaide a couple of years now, London for 15 prior to that. Would you mind if I tagged along to the Belgian Beer Cafe on Saturday? What time you meeting?

cheers

Hiya Pete et al

How about 7:30pm? Hopefully I'll have worked out how I'm gonna get there by Saturday. Taxi home is gonna be a bitch though! Thank god for the iPhone or I wouldn't have made it home tonight as the sat nav died on me. Lol

Hiya Pete et al

How about 7:30pm? Hopefully I'll have worked out how I'm gonna get there by Saturday. Taxi home is gonna be a bitch though! Thank god for the iPhone or I wouldn't have made it home tonight as the sat nav died on me. Lol

Hi all,

Just thinking that I'll give you my number so that I don't start talking to random people in the hope of finding one or all of you! It's 0457 299128. Just let me know what you're wearing or something! See you then.

not single but not joined at the hip either, will see what we have planned saturday and if the missus is working, since we are both only 30 we do enjoy a good night out and about and a few drinkies

Guest Geordie Lad

Hi all!

Been a busy bot lately through work so rarely had the chance to get on here but a tip off suggested there was a few beers on the go this Saturday so headed straight here!

Would love to join you guys for a few beers if nobody minds having a Geordie hanging around, lol! Promise I will leave my Black n White top behind!!

Fingers crossed I bump in to a bunch of Poms in the Beer Cafe at 7.30!!

Matt

Guest Mitchell
Sure, sounds good, though I might be a little late. Soooo...how am I gonna know who I'm meeting?!

Hiya all. I have no idea how we're gonna find each other tomorrow. How about we meet upstairs (someone at work told me there is one). That will at least cut the amount of places to look! I should be there just after 7:30pm (according to google and adelaide metro). I will be the one with short spikey hair and a large pink wine! Anyone who wants to swap mobiles nos, PM me. I'll be checking mail all day so we should be ok.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest londoner

Hello everyone,

have just moved to Adelaide and looking to meet some new friends and drinking buddys - if there are any future events arranged, please let me know.

Guest Mitchell
Hello everyone,

have just moved to Adelaide and looking to meet some new friends and drinking buddys - if there are any future events arranged, please let me know.

I've PM'd you

• 3 weeks later...

I know the original post said 30s, but how about a 40 4/12ths year old joining you guys on your next meet up???? Been in adelaide a couple of years and need to start getting out there a bit more. Cheers

• 3 months later...
Guest Adelaide Dad

Hi there guys - does this group also extend to single parents? Obviously the ability to get out socially for me would be a little more limited then some potentially but definitely keen to get out and have a few quiet ales and increase the social network. Cheers, David