Anne B

Strange TV watching behaviour

Why is it that when I live in England I'm an avid fan of Neighbours, won't miss an episode, but as soon as I'm living in Australia I can't be bothered to watch it - it's such rubbish ?

This has happened to me twice now (in the 90's and again now).

Also how come I now find myself watching Midsomer Murders - a program I would never ever consider watching when I lived in the UK??

What is happening to me? Has anyone else experienced the same behaviour??? :goofy:

Guest soggy
    Why is it that when I live in England I'm an avid fan of Neighbours, won't miss an episode, but as soon as I'm living in Australia I can't be bothered to watch it - it's such rubbish ?

This has happened to me twice now (in the 90's and again now).

Also how come I now find myself watching Midsomer Murders - a program I would never ever consider watching when I lived in the UK??

What is happening to me? Has anyone else experienced the same behaviour??? :goofy:

No, just you. :):)

Simon

The tv hear is terrible cant remember the last time I watched free to air here the tv is allways on foxtel

I reckon its because when you're here you finally realise that Neighbours is nothing like the reality of living in Australia, and Midsomer just brings back those lush green fields and country cottages and quaint villages that we all miss from time to time.

Guest SA Great
    The tv hear is terrible cant remember the last time I watched free to air here the tv is allways on foxtel

Do they have any programmes on how to spell?

Guest moonraker1959

Welcome to the club!:)Hate to tell you this but my Mum watches all those english shows (as well as anything else)and she's been in Adelaide for.................40yrs!:biglaugh:So its probably something you may find hard to let go of!I recall watching the very first episode of Neighbours whilst living in Adelaide,:biglaugh::biglaugh:and it "used"to be a pretty good show from what I remember.

I MUST watch Escape to the Country every week (I can't help it, it's my addiction) .......... and dream of what could have been!

Mind you the house prices over in the UK are amazing compared to when I left in 1991.

Guest tinkham_lee
    Mine's The Bill totally hooked!! Never watched it in the UK have it on series link here :)

Talking to a friend in Uk the other day, he said The Bill has just been cancelled. so I guess in about a year it will finish here, (the bill is about 6 months behind the uk) which is a shame. I used to watch it all the time in England and watch it when I can here.

We never used to watch Home and Away in England, and watch it all the time here.

Yes,i cannot believe i now love watching the Antiques Roadshow,and Eggheads on Foxtel.You wouldn't Adam and Eve it !!!!:)

Guest angiestaff

yey someone else who has the 'john nettles' bug!!! :biglaugh:

i have started recording them on foxtel and even have ordered a dvd set from ebay!....omg how sad am i lol

i have never watched midsomer murder when in england either, mind you i never watched corrie but have started watching it here too

ange x