Any 5-a-side footballers in the South out there?

Guest thehendrys

Guest exiledgeordie

hi all!

just wondering if anything happened with this?

if i do the chasing about and finding out times etc - are there enough players interested?

about me.....28 Male, living in Aldinga for about 4 years, and have been "dying" for a game of footy for ages!

cheers kris

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest exiledgeordie

ok, so a run through of interested ppl:

1. kris (me)

2. hoopster

3. mark&rachel

4. mark&rachel

5. ben&sharon

6. ben&sharon

any more? i ideally want 8 as i know life can get busy and every1 wil not be available every week (8 is also good for interchanging as i would imagine we are all not as fit as we were........)

let me know if there is any more:

my research so far is the following:

- Games played at Noarlunga rec centre

- Mon or wed nights - i would probably look at wednesdays?

- $ 8.50 per head per game

- season starts up again on 6 october (wed)

- need to get team nomination in soon.......

once i know we have enough interested parties i will pop in to noarlunga one night and get the remaining info.......

Guest exiledgeordie

ok chaps...another update!

i popped in last night and spoke to pete (the guy who runs it)

as long as we have at least 5 definates - we will get away with the six who have put there hand up so far...... so if you are def interested please PM me your details: name, address, phone number!

therfore the full details below:

- 5 aside indoor at Norlunga rec centre (behind cinema)

- $8.50 per person per game payable each night

- starts wednesday 6 october, with the first game being 6.25pm and lthe last at around 9.00pm (every game has a mixture of start times)

- season lasts approx 6 months, where you play a leasgue table, followed by a cup comp

- bibs etc are provided if necessary, but they recommend tems wear same colour tops

without being too harsh, if you cant commit - dont worry about it! if a game is forfeited - the fee still applies per team member! if you think you can just come to some games, and would rather be a back up player, let me know!

cheers. kris

Guest Tterrier81

hi guys, im up for joining if theres space, i only play goalkeeper though, hope its not a problem. i used to play at noarlunga and morphett vale but havent played in over a year so will be a bit rusty, let me know if i can be any help

Guest exiledgeordie

hi mate!

no worries, Pm me your details and i will add to list! goalkeeper is fine, saves me from going in goal :)

so far i have got 3 - any more? a few people who have said they are interested on here have not PM'd me! I am hoping to put registration in early next week!

cheers

Guest Tterrier81

hi just thought i'd share this link with you, i know its a bit premature with the team not having played there first game yet but i thought i would put it here for future reference

Soccer Shirts Online - Soccer Uniforms

i have used these guys before and found them really good, quick postage, good quality and very cheap!!

the sizes r a problem though, i ordered an xl and it was more like a med/large, prices r also in us dollars not oz

cheers

Guest exiledgeordie

another update guys......

confirmed players:

1 kris

2 colin

3 dave

4 dan

5 ben

maybes:

6 Jim

Anyone else? Pm me!

i think in an ideal world want 7; as we have a designated goalkeeper, which means we can have 2 subs when everyone is there.

will be submitting payer list in tommorrow/wednesday as first game is wednesday 06/10

anyone got any name suggestions? my son reckons "pomsRus" :unsure:

cheers

kris

another update guys......

confirmed players:

1 kris

2 colin

3 dave

4 dan

5 ben

maybes:

6 Jim

Anyone else? Pm me!

i think in an ideal world want 7; as we have a designated goalkeeper, which means we can have 2 subs when everyone is there.

will be submitting payer list in tommorrow/wednesday as first game is wednesday 06/10

anyone got any name suggestions? my son reckons "pomsRus" :unsure:

cheers

kris

Jim's details just pm's to you!!

Ta

Guest Tterrier81

i came up with a couple of names:

pia fc

expats fc

multiple scorgasms

legal immigrants

hardly athletic

norfolk and chance

if i think of anymore i will post, minds a blank at moment

Guest ben&sharon

Is it straight in to the league on 6th Oct or do we get chance for a kick about and meet the team beforehand? Not played in a veeeeeeeery long time as it interfered with the drinking and smoking, so going to be very rusty, slow, unfit etc etc... and I was pretty crap anyway. I hope that's filled you with confidence! Looking forward to it. Ben (Ipswich Town)

Good shout, I (now 40 yrs old and feeling very unfit!) could do with some sort of knock about before we assault the Noarlunga League and take it by storm! Be good to meet the rest of the team as well.

Anyone else up for a kick about one evening or maybe weekend? We had a good kick about one afternoon not so long ago in Belair National Park, big oval, BBQs and picnic areas etc, blokes can play footie, kids/wives/supporters can play in the park etc.

Or maybe we can stick to what we are good at and just go for a few beers - to talk tactics of course!

Colin (QPR - sorry Ben!)

Guest exiledgeordie

well i think we have a winner...."hardly athletic" - by the sounds of it - suits us to a tee! im 28, but have not played for years (same as ben - got in the way of the smoking and drinking)

good shout though guys, im up for a 'get together' just so we get to meet the team! this can either be a kick around sometime, or a beer - whatever everyone wants to do! let me know some ideas and we will sort out - as october 6th is fast approaching!

kris (Newcastle - of course)

Guest exiledgeordie

OK....all good - entry form sent off and done!

Team: Hardly Athletic

1 kris J

2 colin B

3 dave H

4 dan

5 ben S

6 Jim R

7 Mark D

Starts on Wednesday 6th October (first game 6.25pm - last game around 9), and every wednesday after that @ Noarlunga Leasure Centre - David Witton Drive

Bibs are provided; but it is recommended we wear the same colour tops - i propose green?? if thats OK!

if anyone wants to be added for extras let me know; i am sure we can add as the season goes on! i am sure we will need them due to work, family, holidays, injurys etc

any queries let me know via PM.

if anyone wants to stand up and organise a quick get together - ie. via a kick around, or a quick beer one evening please do so.....:)

Kris

Guest Tterrier81

hey guys, i think it would be wise for us to meet up for a beer, i was thinkin sun or mon night, i played at noarlunga before so i could go over the rules with u all

i dont have anyones numbers so if anyones interested leave a message on here and we can sort out when best time is for everyone

hope to speak soon

cheers

dan

Guest Tterrier81
ditto. monday good for me!

its seems the lads live : aldinga beach across to reynella up to hallet cove: so i would think anywhere around noarlunga is in the middle????

is mick o shea's good for everybody, thats kind of central??