Fishing Get together for everyone.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest cornish Busdriver
Hi,

we would like to come down for a spot of fishing, can kids fish in the comp too? If they can then you can count 2 more in

Hi Newlife.

Course kids can fish as well

Should be a great day wether permitting.

Matt

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Tyke.

Ive made up about 20 whiting rigs using size 6 long shank hooks and 2'ounce weights plus Arthur said that he will give away light surf all ready made rigs as well.

Thats all people will need realy to get them straight into the tommies, mullet and whiting if there about.

will give ya a bell later.

Guest Guest5035

How will people that have never fished before,know if the fish thay catch is under size for keeping? With the amount of people going that have never fished before, the Fisheries Department will have lots of fun.

Stevo

Guest cornish Busdriver

there will be a few of us running round to make sure that fish are not under size plus i will have fish size charts up and get them printed out for people as well.

Guest Guest75
How will people that have never fished before,know if the fish thay catch is under size for keeping? With the amount of people going that have never fished before, the Fisheries Department will have lots of fun.

Stevo

Don't worry for us Stevo - I"ll have a measuring pad on the beach plus everyone will be getting Fisheries pamphlets on catch sizes and limits.

Fisheries give out free literature + they can be picked up at any tackle shop.:cute:

Just thought i would put the date and time details on here as well.

Looks like the date for the fishing comp will be on Saturday 24th July 2010. (weather permitting)

Location - Moana Beach.

Start Time - 9am or around then (low tide) and fish it up to high tide.

__________________________________________________ ________________

For anyone who doest know, Moana beach is a all year round dog beach so please do not leave any tackle lying around and keep bait covered plus you can also park your 4X4 on it as well.

If you need to borrow tackle please put a shout out as there is a people willin to lend gear for the day.

Prizes:

All the beer

$30 fishing voucher from Auseelife. http://www.auseelife.com.au

Fishing rod and reel.

Plus others small prizes as well.

And last of all please remember its just for fun and a meet-up.

Bugger!!! I got a 40th fancy dress party to go to that night, will be running around mad all day, so i wont make it, but keep me posted for the next one please, really keen to get together with everyone.

Shaun

Guest Damien

I'm def gonna be there. Is there anything you need me to do?

Tyke - might have to scrounge some of those cockles I gave you ;) Just got to shoot myself a roo for mullet bait too lol!

Damien

Guest cornish Busdriver

Thats Brill Ian.

If anyone has any spare rods and reel that they could bring along for the day it would be fantastic.

Guest Nicky&Andy

someone please remember a camera, so all of us still in uk can get really jealous and see what were missing,:sad: good luck to everyone wetting their hooks, hopefully you will all love it and do another one , fingers crossed we will be able to join you all:)

Guest Claireandchrisdownunder

thats fantastic! we will be there, do you also know if the get together for everyone is going ahead tomorrow as its the first sunday of the month but i am sure the link is quite old, not sure if i have got it right?

thanks claire

we have only been here three weeks still finding our feet

Guest Guest75
we will be there if only for a couple of hours as my son has got a soccer match at 12 ,but we r lookin forward to it

Looking forward to seeing you John.

BTW - you have mail at the Seaford house in the box.

:)

Guest yer tiz
Just trying to get an idea on number for the fishing get together.

Could people PM me or email me at kernowmatt@gmail.com .

Just trying to figure out how much bait to book if people want me to get it and how many traces will be needed if people want them and trying to figure out how many extra rods and reels will be needed as well Plus Anglers Choice on beach road would like an idea of numbers as well as there giving away a lot of extra little prizes.

Thanks

Matt

sounds like a proper job me and the boy would love to come ,never fished before { never found time** maybe a good time to start, the only fishing gear i can see in the shed is a old butterfly net,so would be handy if could borrow a couple of sticks,if you need anything to bring along to help out give us a shout:goofy:

Guest The Lees

Matt,

Would enjoy the chance to meet up with everyone and have a go at learning the basics of beach fishing. So count my and my son in. Just let us know when and where.

Guest Scrappin' Julie

Hi - is this just a blokes jolly, or can a fishy bird and her daughter join in too? I am desperate to pick up some tips as I have spent many an arvo on the jetty are ON without success... Would love to borrow 1 rod (I have 1 beach rod already) and will chip in for bait (If I can come play that is... I will not take offence if it's a male thing though :rolleyes: )